Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
Share your shopping success stories here!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    How come no LaCrosse owner is posting here ? :confuse:
  • I ordered my 2006 Lacrosse CXS with [ what was in 2005] the gold convenience package, stabilitrack, XM radio,and chrome package on 16 Aug 2005. It arrived at the dealer and I took delivery on 20 Sep. I used the Costco auto purchase service to get a pre negotiated price from the dealer . The sticker was $31,510.00. The dealer discount was just over $2,000.00, the manufacturer rebate was $1,000.00, I also own a 99 Intrigue which I allow my son to use now which gave me a $1,000.00 "Loyalty" discount, and I used my $3,500.00 GM credit card points which made my effective purchase price of the car before document fee, tax & license $24,000.00. There was a $175.00 "document fee" plus sales tax and new plates [ in CT]. There were several leftover 05 models in stock in most dealers, but they all had sun roofs and other undesireable options [I also have a convertible], but I wanted a 2006 due to the increased warranty, ability to get exactly what I wanted without unwanted extra's ,and the side curtain air bags as standard. I figure that I paid about $850.00 more for an 06 than an 05 with the 05's employee discount before I used the loyalty and credit card credits, but have a one year newer vehicle. If I'm going to purchase a new car, I want it new for an entire year. So far, no problems, and I love it.
  • I also have remote start which I forgot to mention in the last post.
  • red927red927 Posts: 118
    Car_man:

Could you please give me the residual and money factor (interest rate) on a 2006 Buick LaCrosse CX in South Florida? The MSRP is $23920 and the dealer wants $340/month with $1000 down. This seems extremely high to me. The car is for my in-laws.

You have helped me before. Last month you gave me information on the lease of a new Subaru for my wife.

Thanks,

Phil
  • I purchased the LaCrosse in Jun 05, love the car, would love to have better mileage, but hey, if you like a quiet and comfortable car, the LaCrosse is it. This car is almost loaded and i love it. The only problems i have with it is, 1- the cup holders are not very user friendly and the trunk has no handle/handgrip to open it. Other than those downfalls, its a great ride.
  • I got a 2006 LaCrosse about two months back. So far so good, the ride is great, the interior is very quiet. I still need to figure out a way to program the garage door opener. Remote starter is very useful in winter time, I also use it to impress my friends who drive more expensive cars. I wish Buick had the option for Nav system. I believe Lucerne has it. After driving Honda and Nissan for number of years, I am very impressed with Buick. I thought it had more appealing interior than either Accord or Camry, but the new 2007 Camary looks very nice too.
  • russellmrussellm Posts: 5
    I just bought a new '06 Lacrosse on Saturday July 1st. I had been watching two cars on the dealer's lot for the past month and a half. I was interested in the CXL with a sunroof, which was something I wanted to do to my 2002 Regal ever since I bought it, but never got around to taking it in. The dealership had both a black and a slatstone CXL with sunroofs. The only thing I had against the black, which I liked best, was the overpriced upgraded radio, which I seldom listen to anyway. We ended up with the slatestone Lacrosse, since that was my wife's favorite one and this is supposed to be her car.

The options on this car, besides the sunroof included the driver confidence package, heated seats, remote start and the chrome appearance package, which is something I have seen on every Lacrosse they had on the lot. The remote start is great. It is both useful on a hot day as well as a cold day and will sense the outside temp and decide whether or not you need heat or A/C, even putting on the defrosters if the temp is below 40 degrees. The most fun is watching peoples reactions when suddenly this car in the parking lot beeps and then the engine starts when no one is near and you're still a long distance from the car.

As for price, the sticker price was $27,920.00. I made them an offer of invoice plus $300 and $8000.00 for my '02 Regal with only 31000 miles on it. They came back with $7000 trade-in and I said that I would just keep the car and forget about the new car. I told them that the black book value for that car was between $6600 to 8600, there were no dents or dings and that the car had always been serviced at their dealership, so it qualified as a Certified used car on their lot. They gave me the $8000 for it. Even though it was July 1, it was still being considered the last day of the month of June, so they were eager to sell.

All totaled, once the balance was paid off on my Regal, my GM card savings, Marylands 5% tax and title fees were figured in, I paid $22,220.00 for the LaCrosse. The best part is that GM was offering 0% financing for up to 72 months. That's too good a deal to pass up.

I stuck with the CLX because it had the 3.8 V6 which has been around forever and has a good reputation of going well over 200K without any problems. I had it in my Regal and it was giving me 24 MPG back and forth to work and I got almost 32 MPG on a vacation trip. For the short time I've had this I'm averageing 21.4 MPG. I don't expect to see the best mielage until after 7000 miles.
  • I too test-drove a LaCrosse CXL earlier and found fuel mileage in the low 20's, quite unlike the high 20's to low 30's my '03 LeSabre Limited provided. I hope your mileage improves. I also hope that Buick replaces the 4-speed automatic going forward with the new 6-speed JV unit, and perhaps adds the 3.9 Active Fuel Management engine as an option. Once they include these items, I'll put the LaCrosse back on my list of possibilities.
  • frankkfrankk Posts: 35
    I bought a plain jane CX last month. The dealer was pleasant and the $2000 rebate helped (I also had $1100 GM buck on my GM card). The only odd thing about the transaction was that the the "invoice" price did not match what the various web sites indicated. This was a vehicle that had sat on on the lot for a few months, and had been MSRP adjusted by GM. While the MSPP dropeed over $1000, the invoice only dropped about $400. I decided to let it go and buy it anyway.
  • russellmrussellm Posts: 5
    With over 600 miles on it, my gas mileage is improving on my normal mixed driving back and forth to work. I got an even 23 MPG. My 2002 Regal with the same 3800 engine gave my 24 MPG. I must admit that I've used the remote start a number of times in this hot weather, so that must be taken into account. I'm sure as the engine gets more miles on it, it will match or exceed my Regal's gas mileage. :)
  • mk332mk332 Posts: 1
    The 2006 CX I bought in December makes a clunk-clunk sound from the front end. POS!Anyone else have this problem?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,059
    You might have better luck getting an answer to a mechanical issue in the general Buick LaCrosse discussion..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Bought new 2006 LaCrosse CXS from Wilson County Motors in Lebanon, TN on September 11, 2006. MSRP was $32,490. Car had every option except Stabilitrack. Black with Grey interior. Negotiated price to $30,878. Used 0% APR that was being offered. No sales tax and $500 rebate for being active military. Have driven the vehicle just over 500 miles and have loved every minute of it so far. Lots of compliments and surprised looks once they found out it is a Buick. If the quality holds up, this will be my brand for years to come. Traded in 2001 Hyundai Elantra GT with 50000 miles for $3750 too. No issues with that car, but wanted a larger vehicle this time around.
  • I hate to be the fly in the ointment but I've had a bad experience with Buick and the Lacrosse. I bought my Lacrosse brand new, a 2006 Buick Lacrosse CX the odometer read 75 miles when I drove it off the lot. However, within a few miles of the dealership my car developed a problem. The low oil pressure warning began to sound. I didn't think much of it because the car was new, but it continued. I contacted Onstar to pinpoint the problem, but Onstar couldn't find it, then I emailed the dealership and brought the car back as soon as I could. When the car was checked metal shavings and chunks of metal were found in the pan, The #3 bearing was bad and the other bearings had wear on them. My dealer called me told me about the problem. The service manager told me that this problem was due to poor manufacturing and Buick only wanted them to fix the damage but they, the dealer that is, would replace the cam, because they believed in going the extra distance. I couldn't believe what I being told so I contacted Buick and the story change to they told Buick that they were replacing the engine for me, because they believed in going the extra distance. I requested a new car, and I was run around in circles by Buick, and the dealer, I tried to resolve the problem using the BBB but that was a waste of time, I would have lost about 5000.00 even though the car didn't comply with the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. In my dealing with the dealer and Buick I have been lied to, cheated, and ran around in circles. I bought a Buick because of the Buick reputation and the new breed of Buicks that are targeted for a younger buyer but I found the same crappie stuff with Buick today that almost kill the American auto industry in the 70's poor quality and service. I understand no matter how good a company is a lemon is bound to slip through but when you find it fix the problem and fix it right, replace that car.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    I guess I am a little confused.

You had a bum engine. Terrible but things do go wrong. Buick is number 3 in initial quality behind Lexus but ahead of Toyota and Cadillac.

The dealer said that Buick told them to replace the bearings only but they on their own would replace the cam? That sounds awful fishy if they found metal shavings in the oil. So you did the right thing and called Buick directly who said they approved an engine replacement.

First I would run from that dealer if I get your message right.

2nd, I am not sure why you are going thru a lemon law or BBB. Nothing you have explained would allow that type of prodedure.

What has Buick done that makes you feel you have been lied to? They are ready to replace the engine as they should. The proper procedure here is to have the engine replaced, by Buick, for free under warranty. Not sure why you feel you should get a new car.
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    I explained my experience with buying a new Buick and this section is called "Buick Lacrosse: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" My experience was bad. It was a bad experience with the dealer and Buick there is no disputing that. Would have been happy given my situation? If you would, I'd gladly sell you my car and wish you luck. Since your reply to my experience seems to be an effort to minimize the events I wonder if you are a dealer or Buick rep trying to do some damage control. If you are a dealer of Buick rep I'm sure I see another posting from you attempting more damage control.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Ahh you caught me! I am paid lots of money to watch this LaCrosse forum and make comments. Obviously not the dealer though because I told you he sucked.

Seriously, sorry you feel that my comments are bad. I was not trying to minimize your issue. You did have a very poor experience but I was just stating that your expectations were a bit much. Engine replacement would be the way it would be worked out anywhere.

Hey, I responded back so I must be a dealer or Buick rep. Caught me again. darn. Better send an invoice to someone! ;)
  • I'll never know if you're a dealer of Buick rep :) but I appreciate that you acknowledged how I feel about my car buying experience, and yea the dealer sucks, but with more than 17 dealerships I'm just another number. Without dragging this thing out I was told by a Buick customer service manager that Buick was looking into buying the car back, and that was just one of many lies told by Buick and the dealer. There is a lot more that went on with Buick and the dealer but writing it all down would be beating this thing into the ground. It's enough to say this is what happened to me and let it be. As for my expectations I met a Toyota owner and a Subaru owner and both had a major problem with their cars and both Toyota and Subaru did the right thing replacing the vehicles.
  • markfncmarkfnc Posts: 12
    I just got a used LaCrosse CX with 14000 miles. It had cloth seats, sun roof, trip computer, driver power seats. Paid $18,000 out the door.
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Posts: 197
    I ordered my new car (red jewel tintcoat) on July 13th and I'm glad I did! At the time its MSRP was $31,310, but I see where Buick recently raised it to $31,995. Not only that, but with GM now on strike, who knows when they'll resume building more, and what the price will be. Anyway, my salesrep was very honest about availability and pricing. Even though this is a new model, I knew my car would be built with tender loving care at Buick's #2 Oshawa plant. And I was right, because I haven't found a single thing wrong with it (so far) since I took delivery on August 20th. This car is really a baby boomer's dream. I've been waiting patiently for Buick to build a car with great performance (5.3 liter V-8), comfort (superb powered and heated leather seats), and looks (beautiful new interior design, new "waterfall" grill, and dual exhausts) for a long time. I recommend taking a look at one.
  • Hi Everybody,
    I am looking at buying a new LaCrosse and I think I can get the supplier pricing through a family member (I am going to order one) it is $450 over invoice. Do you think I should just go in with that or go in empty handed and try to haggle for a better price? Any suggestions or experiences would be of help.

Thanks!
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Posts: 197
    To answer your question (based on my experience), the salesrep and I negotiated my car's price, but he would NOT negotiate the shipping charge ($685). I paid cash, so he knocked off $500 from the MSRP, and gave me the $1000 manufacturer to customer instant rebate. As for your scenario, if you're considering a 2007 model, I'm sure the dealer will be more than happy to sell at $450 over invoice just to get rid of the car. They must sell their remaining '07 cars to make room for the '08 ones they ordered.
  • Thanks for the info. Since I am going to order a 2008 as well, I think I may then wait and try to go for the Supplier discount. Of course I don't get the rebates when I order, just when the car gets delivered. So that is a gamble, but worth it to get what I really want.
  • milo12milo12 Posts: 1
    Hello,

A dealer showed me a new CXS LaCross 2006, which has 540 Miles on it. There is a $7500 off on the original price. Do you think that I should buy this car cheaper? Is it OK that it’s a 2006 car and still new?

Thanks
  • You don't mention the $$ but $7500 off does NOT sound good to me. $21K would be the most I would consider paying for this USED car. An '06 with 540 miles on it really is used.

Post you OTD price and I'd tell you more or try edmunds.com and appraise a used '06 with 540 miles on it, clean, with your options. Use the Private Party price and I'll bet it's under $20K in real market value.
  • Thank you for your advise before. I just bought a new 2008 Buick Lacrosse CXL w/driver confidence pack.

They had a $500 Bonus in Boston this weekend for the Autoshow, so the final price was $24,461 (after rebates, before Tax, Title & License)

I am thrilled with it.
  • bronsonbbronsonb Posts: 170
    My wife is now enamored with the new 2010 LaCrosse and wants to look at one. Although we're not seriously considering new cars due to the loss of value when you drive it off the lot, I am curious to know if anyone is getting good deals out there. I looked at the GM supplier pricing, and was surprised to see the discount was only about $1,000 - $1,500 less than MSRP. I guess that's average (about 4-5%).

So we're struggling -- do we buy a 1 -2 year old Japanese luxury car (Infiniti) or a new US car. We're also looking at the Taurus.

Anyway, just curious if anyone was getting good deals.
  • Hi, Bronsonb,

We are looking at a new LaCrosse AWD for my folks. We test-drove the car and everyone (including my 20-yo son) loved it -- rode better than my Lexus and had all the bells and whistles. Very impressive. We haven't done a final negotiation, but according to the dealer the "bottom line" for the car, which has everything except nav, is about $34,000. MSRP including delivery is slightly above $37,000.

I've looked at Truecar.com and Edmunds and this price doesn't seem out of line, but I'm still doing research.

At the other extreme, my much more frugal self just purchased a 2004 Certified pre-owned Lexus RX 330 with 50,000 miles for $21,000 and I'm very happy with that as well. So, if you're concerned with the price of the Buick that may be another option. If you want a sedan, I found plenty of great deals on Infiniti G35x and G37x's off-lease. Obviously we wanted a 4wd, but the number of options & deals if you want FWD are incredible. Good luck with your search whatever you decide.

SignalK
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Was talking to a dealer about leasing (email) and he says all LaCrosse' are going at full sticker. I find that surprising, especially since there isn't much action in this particular thread.

If anyone has purchased (or leased) a 2010 Buick LaCrosse, please let us know if you paid MSRP, or roughly how much below MSRP you paid.

Thanks.
  • asctonyasctony Posts: 46
    I bought my 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 10/28/09 and got all kinds of discounts.
    1 for not owning a GM car (had RAV4), 2 for not taking Buy Back option, 3 for buying through Costco.
    No, I did not pay MSRP and would not for any car. Love mine and really get so many WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWs!!!
    Motor Trend April 2010 just had the Buick on the front page and compared the CXS to the Lexus ES 350. Guess who they recommend. Yessssssss CXS!!!!