Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi Everybody,
    I am looking at buying a new LaCrosse and I think I can get the supplier pricing through a family member (I am going to order one) it is $450 over invoice. Do you think I should just go in with that or go in empty handed and try to haggle for a better price? Any suggestions or experiences would be of help.

Thanks!
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Posts: 197
    To answer your question (based on my experience), the salesrep and I negotiated my car's price, but he would NOT negotiate the shipping charge ($685). I paid cash, so he knocked off $500 from the MSRP, and gave me the $1000 manufacturer to customer instant rebate. As for your scenario, if you're considering a 2007 model, I'm sure the dealer will be more than happy to sell at $450 over invoice just to get rid of the car. They must sell their remaining '07 cars to make room for the '08 ones they ordered.
  • Thanks for the info. Since I am going to order a 2008 as well, I think I may then wait and try to go for the Supplier discount. Of course I don't get the rebates when I order, just when the car gets delivered. So that is a gamble, but worth it to get what I really want.
  • milo12milo12 Posts: 1
    Hello,

A dealer showed me a new CXS LaCross 2006, which has 540 Miles on it. There is a $7500 off on the original price. Do you think that I should buy this car cheaper? Is it OK that it’s a 2006 car and still new?

Thanks
  • You don't mention the $$ but $7500 off does NOT sound good to me. $21K would be the most I would consider paying for this USED car. An '06 with 540 miles on it really is used.

Post you OTD price and I'd tell you more or try edmunds.com and appraise a used '06 with 540 miles on it, clean, with your options. Use the Private Party price and I'll bet it's under $20K in real market value.
  • Thank you for your advise before. I just bought a new 2008 Buick Lacrosse CXL w/driver confidence pack.

They had a $500 Bonus in Boston this weekend for the Autoshow, so the final price was $24,461 (after rebates, before Tax, Title & License)

I am thrilled with it.
  • bronsonbbronsonb Posts: 170
    My wife is now enamored with the new 2010 LaCrosse and wants to look at one. Although we're not seriously considering new cars due to the loss of value when you drive it off the lot, I am curious to know if anyone is getting good deals out there. I looked at the GM supplier pricing, and was surprised to see the discount was only about $1,000 - $1,500 less than MSRP. I guess that's average (about 4-5%).

So we're struggling -- do we buy a 1 -2 year old Japanese luxury car (Infiniti) or a new US car. We're also looking at the Taurus.

Anyway, just curious if anyone was getting good deals.
  • Hi, Bronsonb,

We are looking at a new LaCrosse AWD for my folks. We test-drove the car and everyone (including my 20-yo son) loved it -- rode better than my Lexus and had all the bells and whistles. Very impressive. We haven't done a final negotiation, but according to the dealer the "bottom line" for the car, which has everything except nav, is about $34,000. MSRP including delivery is slightly above $37,000.

I've looked at Truecar.com and Edmunds and this price doesn't seem out of line, but I'm still doing research.

At the other extreme, my much more frugal self just purchased a 2004 Certified pre-owned Lexus RX 330 with 50,000 miles for $21,000 and I'm very happy with that as well. So, if you're concerned with the price of the Buick that may be another option. If you want a sedan, I found plenty of great deals on Infiniti G35x and G37x's off-lease. Obviously we wanted a 4wd, but the number of options & deals if you want FWD are incredible. Good luck with your search whatever you decide.

SignalK
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Was talking to a dealer about leasing (email) and he says all LaCrosse' are going at full sticker. I find that surprising, especially since there isn't much action in this particular thread.

If anyone has purchased (or leased) a 2010 Buick LaCrosse, please let us know if you paid MSRP, or roughly how much below MSRP you paid.

Thanks.
  • asctonyasctony Posts: 46
    I bought my 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 10/28/09 and got all kinds of discounts.
    1 for not owning a GM car (had RAV4), 2 for not taking Buy Back option, 3 for buying through Costco.
    No, I did not pay MSRP and would not for any car. Love mine and really get so many WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWs!!!
    Motor Trend April 2010 just had the Buick on the front page and compared the CXS to the Lexus ES 350. Guess who they recommend. Yessssssss CXS!!!!
  • twinbtwinb Posts: 140
    Right. Costco and AAA will both get you well below MSRP.
  • fmcgirtfmcgirt Posts: 4
    You might want to check with another dealer if one is available nearby. I would be surprised if anything GM makes is going for full sticker these days. There are all kinds of discounts available: credit union discount, COSTCO discount, AAA discount, changing brand discount, etc.. We bought our 2010 AWD CXL for $202 over invoice and received full kbb.com tradein value for our trade. Really not a lot of hassle either. I asked to see the real GM invoice - not the dealer's computer listing - and showed him the original old sticker from the trade so he could check the options and he came back with a first offer $1500 too low on the trade. I then showed him the printout from the kbb.com web site for the trade and told him it was that or no deal. He said OK and that was it.

It was on a Sunday with not much showroom traffic and toward the end of Feb so maybe that helped but we also looked at Honda and they were very willing to talk invoice also. I think these days almost everything is negotiable except perhaps dealer holdback and shipping and I would go for it.
  • tomcatt630tomcatt630 Posts: 124
    The '10 LaCrosse is worlds away, literally, from the W body [05-08]. Designed in Europe and China, and is nothing like any "retiree special' Buicks of the past 20 years.
  • jimmy62jimmy62 Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    Our deal is a little stale, but in December we paid $200 over invoice and got whatever rebates/discounts were in force at the time. These amounted to $1500 as I recall.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,059
    edited July 2010
    2011 Prices paid

Well I picked up my 2011 CXS today. Although the experience was a pleasant one it took 4 ½ hours nonetheless. Here is how the deal went down.

I ordered a 2010 CXS with the touring package, navigation and blind side alert system with an MRSP of $36,955 and invoice of $35,252.

However, when the car arrived it was a 2011 with an MSRP of $38,250 and dealer factory invoice of $37,161. The dealer said that the blind side alert system was no longer a stand-alone option and must be purchased as part of a package that includes Xenon HID and Heads-up Display for $1,440. I was not pleased but it was too late to renege on the deal.

So here are the final numbers:
    Price paid (Invoice of $37,161 + $500) = $37,661
    Less trade-in (2000 Avalon XLS)……….($ 6,875) Kelly Blue Book
    Less Toyota conquest incentive…………($1,000)
    Add sales tax……………………………..+$1,862
    Title, registration………………………….+$ 209
    Documentation fee………………………..+$ 194
    Total……………………………………….$32,051

Basically, I paid $37,661 for the car with an MRSP of $38,250. Not what I would call a good deal but comparable to what others are paying according to Edmunds TMV. Still, at almost $40,000 the Lacrosse does not appear to be as refined as the Avalon or the Lexus. I expect the Lacrosse will be heavily discounted in the future.

Two quick observations: the AC is weak and the stereo, even with Harman Kardon, sounds very ordinary. I will give an update of my driving impressions after few hundred miles under my belt.

I forgot to mention that Onstar is free for only six months on the 2011 Lacrosse. That really pissed me off because all the literature I read makes reference to one free year of Onstar. Perhaps GM has finally come to the realization that most people decline to continue after trial period because the price is so high. Besides, the portable GPS systems from Magellan and Garmin are much more versatile than the installed systems.
    I asked OnStar to extend my trial subscription from six months to one year and they did without much haggling or trouble. Thanks OnStar for that.

Now back to reading the Owner's Manual.
  • For context, I came out of a 2009 Mercedes E350 4matic. I also leased a 2007 E350 Sport. I have owned two Rendezvous and a dozen other cars.

I find the CXS ride (Touring Option) a little more isolated, not necessarily in a bad way or a criticism. It corners very well and is very confidence inspiring. This car is quieter and exudes luxury. My E350 did not have real leather, you couldn't put adults in the cramped rear seating for long.

Fit and finish: Mercedes wins. My CXS has a VERY poor alignment and fit of the dash to the doors. Others have mentioned it. I have also got a passenger door rubber gasket which has come loose and will require a trip to the dealer.

Toys: Those in the MB are simpler to use, especially the Voice Commands. The MB sound system is superior. Bass is tight and clear. The Buick's HK has boomy and fuzzy bass. I do love the traffic and weather warning provided by the top end XM Sat option. I'll guess that a 2010 MB has that now too.

The keyless entry is a little quirky. It takes forever to recognize me when I go to open the trunk. Occasionally, the doors balk at immediately opening. The range for everything on the fob is short. The remote start is pathetic in this regard.

I have been unable to download the contacts on my BB Storm 2 but it was easy to pair. Anyone know how to get the USB to recognize the Storm as a Mass Storage Device? There are several commands needed to be able to use the voice command built into the BB. Our $22,000 Dodge requires NONE.

My car was manufactured in JUNE 2010 but it may have some unresolved software issues. I hope it's that simple. I need the dealer to check out if there will be excessive battery drain if parked and locked for a week during a cool January spell. I have read there is a tech bulletin which describes the module as searching for the key fob nearly continuously thus running the battery down.

I saved the worst for last. I have a LOUD clang right after I start the car under certain conditions. At least one owner reports here that the solution was to replace a baffle and the ENTIRE exhaust system!

So far I really like the car but I have some concerns about GM providing world class service.
  • Bought a loaded CXS with a MSRP ay $39700. Used $1500 GM credit card funny money, a "conquest" rebate due to a Mercedes lease, and whatever other rebates offered to GMAC lessees. Total off MSRP was $5600 on July 21. A few 2011 were on the lot but no factors for leasing one available yet. I did not pay the $190 doc fee the dealer tried to add in the 11th hour.

My lease is with 15,000 miles annually, 27 months, $525.42 plus Mich Use Tax of 6%. It cost me about $1500 to drive off. There was a security deposit and first month, taxes and fees to DMV.
    edited August 2010
    rainman,

Very nice review but I cannot agree with your comment on GM's service. My experience with Buick so far has been outstanding. They have answered every question that I've had and have gone out of their to make things right. Case in point:
    --researched compatible cell phones and cell phone companies not on the approved list.
    --paired my cell phone to the car.
    --diagnosed memory seat concern and taught me how to use it properly
    --extended my OnStar trial subscription from six months to one year
    --fixed my damaged rims (my fault) free of charge

We've had similar positive experiences with our Chevy Malibu so I must give the new GM high marks when it comes to service during and after the sale.