Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Technical Advice for Mods andTuning

2»

Comments

• tukoo1tukoo1 Posts: 1
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE CORRECT FIRING ORDER FOR A 1999 DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP? MY BUDDY IS HAVING PROBLEMS AND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE ORDER IS. THE MOTOR IS A 318. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!! :cry:
  • fredmcmurrayfredmcmurray Posts: 215
    I haven't found anything specific to the 1999 318, but every Chrysler V-8 I have seen is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 .
  • jared850jared850 Posts: 3
    I have a 1998 tacoma super charged w/ K&N cold air intake, w/ the chip, and I guess a cat back exaust. what else can I do to make my truck fast.?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,528
    You mean you have a supercharger on it ???

• pgrpgr Posts: 1
    HELP! Last week I took my 01 Cadillac STS to a mechanic friend for a new exhaust system. My car ran great before I took it in, now it is having problems.He assured me that he could use a magna-flow catalytic conv., and mufflers. I think that I should not have removed the cat. My service engine light stays on, gas cap indicator light comes on, not to mention that I had to replace the fuel pump,idlemotor for surging,the oxy sensors said that gas/air mix was too lean??? I have to take it back tomorrow, feels like it is missing! What do I do?
  • bobbyh1bobbyh1 Posts: 1
    i have a 86 pontiac grand prix V6 3.8. I want to increase the power without replacing the engine. I need some ideas. I would like to see more of an increase in take offs.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,202
    There's gotta be more to this. I am assuming at this point that he replaced components which originally had oxygen sensors in them ... not sure why you'd get the gas cap light, though.

Well, if nothing else, sounds like you should consider going back to stock ... at least with the cat.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• back into 12a &13b but in the water.the oil pressure does not work the 5 doller switch or relayis new with this system working proper the relay allows the gas pump to throw the gas .can i bypass this 4 now.
  • my 13b marine is in a 22 ft boss marine boat if i bypass that to run my boat will i blow my motor it has oil i removed the relay and blew air at low pressure .it entered and , i think escaped out the rear sounded like. lee
  • spyder7spyder7 Posts: 1
    Found a 96 Neon and the only down fall its a Auto and i need a Manuel for what i want to do.. so if you have done it could you tell me how much it will cost.. thx for the help
  • hitsuhitsu Posts: 1
    im a beginning at moding cars...and i was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas for moding my celica96 GT.

thanks
  • My 429 c.i. Ford with "2" 650 c.f.m. Center squarters in Straight linkage on a Tunnel Ram ` Cam: .561" Lift & 310 Deg. Duration. / 10:1 Pistons. ( Converted From Points to Electronic.) [ I need to get a Vacuum Can for the Power Brakes.]
  • I'm looking for a performance cam and timing belt for my 94 corolla 1.8 motor. Do you have any suggestion where to look.
  • i got a 2002 mitsubishi lancer es. i am wanting to add about 25 to 50 horse power to it. is there any way that i can do that..??
    turbo kit's the only way if you want that much HP (50). For 25 HP you *might* get away with CAI, larger diameter throttle body, header pipe and cat-back exhaust.

• HI I NEED HELP I HAVE A 2005 2.SLOW GOLF LOL 2.0 AND I WANNA MODIFY IT BECAUSE HONESTLY THE CAR IS JUST BORING TO DRIVE.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?
  • bfennbfenn Posts: 4
    My car has a garetts T25 Turbo and a heavy duty clutch on it. It is 3 years old. Whenever I floor it(or really get on) the gas, around 3.5 rpm where the turbo kicks in, my car briefly looses power in a big THUD that shakes the car. It does it in 2, 3, and 4th the most. Does anyone have an idea if its the clutch or turbo?
    No need to make multiple posts of the same question. We are already answering you in your first post, which I think was in technical questions?

• jensaroojensaroo Posts: 4
    the engine swap forum isnt being very helpful for this.

im thinking about putting a 2.0L block on my 1.8L head in my 1990 jetta 8valve

im wondering if I will need to change the wiring harness and computer.

thanks!
    JensAroo
  • okko1okko1 Posts: 327
    i have a LS1 in a 02 f-body and got an estimate on the cost of a turn key in stall. the amount is 8300 is this competitive. it's my wife's car and she is trying to decide if she wants to buy new or put the hammer to the one she's got. anyone with any info please post. :shades:
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    That sounds pretty fair, for that $ though it should be complete and with at least a 3 month warranty on the work.

-mike
2»
This discussion has been closed.