Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breathe Easy: Int. & Exh. Headers + Mufflers and Pipes

13»

Comments

• maasy13maasy13 Posts: 6
    i need to find out where it is or to find out what is making my computer to show this code. :lemon:
  • 944s944s Posts: 42
    i have a quick question in regards to emissions,, im in the state of arizona,, and i have a '99 pontiac sunfire and i have to register it,,, i think theyre going to do an emissions test,, i havent really done that much to it,,, i added an AEM short ram intake and replaced the breather hose on the valve cover with a mini cone filter. will that make me fail??? i still have the stock air cleaner/intake.. please let me know!
    thx
    -Kobalt25k
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,855
    This is a question where you need to go right to the source, since all state laws vary and laws even vary from city to city.

here's a good reference site for you, and it has a # you can call to ask this question:

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/vei/index.html

• 944s944s Posts: 42
    hey thanx a lot appreciate it!
  • mazda6iguymazda6iguy Posts: 365
    I recently had a coupler joint in my exhaust system rust through, this on a 4 year old car. Anyway, I swear that I got better gas mileage when it was broken than when when it was whole. I have a dual exhaust system. Is that possible?
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    It's definitely possible. Try disconnecting it and try again! :)

-mike
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,855
    That can happen. It depends on the size of your exhaust pipe and how much/little back pressure you get without the muffler.

That's why I tell people there is NO power in a muffler or a free-flow air filter. Usually you get the most power by removing both of them, so they can't "create" horsepower, then can only release a little more that might (or might not) be trapped in your engine.

• mrcav99mrcav99 Posts: 1
    I have a customer with a 1999 Chevy Cavalier 2.2. A Cold Air and throttle body spacer
    was installed and now when you accelerate hard from a rolling start the temp gauge drops to near zero (acts like a vacuum gauge dropping to zero under full throttle). Does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks, Ben :confuse:
  • What I have: 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid with front wheel drive, 3.3 liter 6 cylinder as found in many Highlanders.

Would a higher flow exhaust system, for example a Flowmaster muffler series 50 or 60 help, in addition to removing the twists and turns in a Highlander's exhaust system ? I have not found any catback systems for Highlanders. Would I really have to replace the catalytic converter, too? Or how would I know if the stock catalytic converter impedes exhaust gas flow? I also assume there are EPA regulations on catalytic converter replacements, too.
    End
  • i have a 99 acura 3.2 tl. looking to add headers, intake and exhaust. looking for a shop in the riverside,ca area or near by areas.
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,547
    We have a rating service now - Get ratings & reviews on car dealers & repair shops in your neighborhood. Click and Clack have one too. If you find a performance shop, please add it to our list.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• bsissibsissi Posts: 14
    I am looking for any feedback on after market muffler systems, like Speedtech or others. I have visited two different websites for two different manufacturers which include video/audio bytes of the products as installed and driven. Any dos or don'ts or advice? Performance and sound seem to be the "plus"
13»
This discussion has been closed.