Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breathe Easy: Int. & Exh. Headers + Mufflers and Pipes

13»

Comments

• maasy13maasy13 Posts: 6
    i need to find out where it is or to find out what is making my computer to show this code. :lemon:
  • 944s944s Posts: 42
    i have a quick question in regards to emissions,, im in the state of arizona,, and i have a '99 pontiac sunfire and i have to register it,,, i think theyre going to do an emissions test,, i havent really done that much to it,,, i added an AEM short ram intake and replaced the breather hose on the valve cover with a mini cone filter. will that make me fail??? i still have the stock air cleaner/intake.. please let me know!
    thx
    -Kobalt25k
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 47,566
    This is a question where you need to go right to the source, since all state laws vary and laws even vary from city to city.

here's a good reference site for you, and it has a # you can call to ask this question:

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/vei/index.html

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• 944s944s Posts: 42
    hey thanx a lot appreciate it!
  • mazda6iguymazda6iguy Posts: 365
    I recently had a coupler joint in my exhaust system rust through, this on a 4 year old car. Anyway, I swear that I got better gas mileage when it was broken than when when it was whole. I have a dual exhaust system. Is that possible?
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    It's definitely possible. Try disconnecting it and try again! :)

-mike
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 47,566
    That can happen. It depends on the size of your exhaust pipe and how much/little back pressure you get without the muffler.

That's why I tell people there is NO power in a muffler or a free-flow air filter. Usually you get the most power by removing both of them, so they can't "create" horsepower, then can only release a little more that might (or might not) be trapped in your engine.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• mrcav99mrcav99 Posts: 1
    I have a customer with a 1999 Chevy Cavalier 2.2. A Cold Air and throttle body spacer
    was installed and now when you accelerate hard from a rolling start the temp gauge drops to near zero (acts like a vacuum gauge dropping to zero under full throttle). Does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks, Ben :confuse:
  • What I have: 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid with front wheel drive, 3.3 liter 6 cylinder as found in many Highlanders.

Would a higher flow exhaust system, for example a Flowmaster muffler series 50 or 60 help, in addition to removing the twists and turns in a Highlander's exhaust system ? I have not found any catback systems for Highlanders. Would I really have to replace the catalytic converter, too? Or how would I know if the stock catalytic converter impedes exhaust gas flow? I also assume there are EPA regulations on catalytic converter replacements, too.
    End
  • i have a 99 acura 3.2 tl. looking to add headers, intake and exhaust. looking for a shop in the riverside,ca area or near by areas.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 44,973
    We have a rating service now - Get ratings & reviews on car dealers & repair shops in your neighborhood. Click and Clack have one too. If you find a performance shop, please add it to our list.

Moderator - Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• bsissibsissi Posts: 14
    I am looking for any feedback on after market muffler systems, like Speedtech or others. I have visited two different websites for two different manufacturers which include video/audio bytes of the products as installed and driven. Any dos or don'ts or advice? Performance and sound seem to be the "plus"
13»
This discussion has been closed.
Breathe Easy: Int. & Exh. Headers + Mufflers and Pipes - Page 3 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com