Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tacoma Pictures

• kujo111kujo111 Posts: 3
    I really like the pictures! Did the Westin Oval Tube Steps require purchasing a separate mounting kit? I've been reading about this in some other places and was wondering about it. The installation guide makes the installation seem pretty simple.

Regarding the Bull Bars and the PIAA lamp install, did it require any drilling? Thanks.
  • pb2themaxpb2themax Posts: 471
    The Oval Steps need a separate mounting kit. The tube steps themselves are actually the same steps that go on a F-250 crew cab, because the cab is about the same length as the Tacomas'. The install is pretty easy. The tube steps are kind of adjustable. Before you tighten the bolts down you can slide the steps forward and backward to put them exactly where you want to.

The Bull Bar already has holes drilled in it. No drilling required. You just need a real long socket extension when you are tightening the nut on the lamp mounts. The bull bar comes with plugs to fill in the holes if you don't mount any lights.

Part # for the 05 Double Cab:

Black oval tube steps 22-0025
    Chrome oval tube steps 22-0020
    Mount kit 22-1475
  • taco5taco5 Posts: 9
    New to the site so please be patient if I do something stupid. Pictures coming soon. :shades: How do I post pictures by the way?
    You have to host them at a website like Image Shack It's free. You go to the website and then upload the pictures, then the website will give you different address, you copy and paste that address here and it will show up as a picture. The website will give you several different address' which will work for different kinds of websites. If the picture doesn't show up when you paste it, then you need to try one of the other address'.
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab with TRD Off Road package # 2. 2.5 inch Daystar lift and 285/75R16 Yokohama Geolander M/T Plus tires on 16x8" TRD rims. More to follow when I have time to post more info and pictures.
  • aztechianaztechian Posts: 31
    Thought I'd mention this since you all can appreciate this:

Last night I got the first "lookers" on my tacoma. There's a bunch of sport bike riders than hang out in one of the parking lots, they were sitting around the truck and when I came out of the store I was talking about it with them for a while. Got a lot of compliments.

Made my day :D

Funny too, it was the dirtiest the truck has ever been...go figure
    Your pics aren't showing up. Try using the address that they give you at the top. It'll be kind of a long address.

For this site I use the top address and then on other sites I have to use the 2nd one down.
    Thanks. It is much easier on CarDomain to post pictures.
  • kujo111kujo111 Posts: 3
    Sorry for continuing to ask about this in this forum, but real quick, I tried getting the mount kit but one of the retailers said it is not yet available from the manufacturer, Westin. Was wondering where you got the mount kit (22-1475) from?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Better to ask in the main Toyota Tacomna 2005+ discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Your retailer doesn't know what they're talking about. You can find all the part #s here Westin I got mine from a seller on Ebay, tigertruckaccessories. Just contact him through Ebay.
  • dutchmomdutchmom Posts: 1
    I just ordered a 2005 Toyota Tacoma double cab long bed and cannot find a hi-rise camper shell for it. Needs to be in the Phoenix, AZ area. Would be willing also to go to Tucson for it or Show Low.
    This forum is for posting pictures of Tacomas. Your question would get a better answer if you post in the main Tacoma Forum
  • tacoma2tacoma2 Posts: 8
    ">Just got new truck today. had to wait 4 months. I got all the goodies on it and now it is time to have fun
  • tacoma2tacoma2 Posts: 8
    link titleet2003/my_photos_handler
    It's asking for a yahoo ID and password.
  • I've waited until I added some accessories to post any pics. '05 Tacoma Prerunner extended cab SR5 pkg. #3, indigo ink pearl. 1300 miles and no problems at all so far, I LOVE my truck!

So far I've added the bug shield, taillight covers, ventvisors, nerf bars, and had the front windows tinted to match the rears. Still thinking about the bull bar.
    Looks good. I'd like to see a better picture of those tail light covers. Where'd you get 'em?
  • zork51zork51 Posts: 5
    Nice. I've got a 03 with a Lund deflector on the front. I may get an 05, if I can find the right option pack. I couldn't buy a beautiful black 05 TRD because the Sport Seats hurt my back. What a friggin bummer. I need the plain Jane bucket seats that believe it or not, are much more comfortable than those fancy Sport Seats. See Consumer Reports, with all options my 03 SR5 has. Anyway, what brand of bug shield did you get? There are a few mfg'rs that make them for 05's. I saw a factory one on a truck but it looked like there was a big gap between the hood and bottom of brackett.
  • Here's a link to a closeup pic of the taillight covers. (Ignore the water spots, my camera is TOO good) ;) The brand is AVS and I ordered them online...I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember where.
  • It's a Wade bug shield. I've read posts about some of them not fitting or leaving a gap in the hood, but I had no problem with mine. I just took my time to center it and line it up right and it fits like a glove, no problems.
  • beermebeerme Posts: 2
    Hello All -

I'm new to this forum. I'm seriously considering buying a '98 - '00 Tacoma. I was at a dealer tonight and saw one that was an SST model, but it had a step side bed. I've never seen or heard of this on a Tacoma. First of all, does anyone know if this is a factory option? Or is it custom? I've seen other pictures of SST and they all have the straight side bed. Second, does anyone know what option I should look for when searching on the internet? I really like the look of it, so I'd like to find another one (I want a manual trans., this one is an auto). One more question, is this option available in an extended cab or a standard cab only?

• beermebeerme Posts: 2
    Let's try this again.
    Image hosted by
    Image hosted by
  • kebmikekebmike Posts: 2
    Nice truck.. I have the same Prerunner package in Impulse Red coming in next week. What brand of nerf bars are those and where did you get them if you don't mind? That is going to be one of my first additions.

This discussion has been closed.
Tacoma Pictures - Page 2 - Car Forums at