Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Modifications

1111213141517»

Comments

• My Honda mechanic says it's not, that unless you've got enough g's being generated you'll never feel the difference. I've got a '07 V6 AT with a 17mm TL rear sway bar added. To my mind even a small improvement in handling is worth the $127 investment for a Neuspeed strut bar. Opinions?
  • mjm19mjm19 Posts: 6
    Does anyone know about GForce Performance chips and if they work or not? I'm thinking of buying one and putting in the car. It says 60 more HP and better gas milage 4-7 miles per gallon with better air and gas mixture. Let me know what anybody thinks.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,897
    edited April 2011
    not a chance in hell any chip is getting those improvements. That kind of HP bump would only happen in a turbo car, and those mileage improvements would never happen in ANY car.

I don't now who this manufacturer is, but an N/A car might see 10 hp from a good reprogram, often at the cost of torque in the case of a modern engine, but no mileage improvement. What a reprogram often does is set the timing permanently to a higher octane fuel. So, in order to get those extra 10 ponies, you'll be required to use premium in your Accord.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346
    probably spam in post 337

Steve, is there a forum on Edmunds (that I could maybe direct cski to), talking about car stereo?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,980
    mmm, Spam.

We don't really have a generic, all encompassing stereo discussion. Most of the make/model discussions have a stereo discussion.
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346
    Oh..ok. As luck would have it, we were talking stereo in Midsized Sedans 2.0, and I know it's only a matter of time till someone tells us to get back to Midsize Sedans or shut up..

That's how I found myself here, thinking 'modifications' might have audio chat.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,980
    There is this:

ateixeira, "DVD/Entertainment Systems" #407, 4 Jan 2013 9:05 am

Or just go there and go up a level to Maintenance and Repair and start a new discussion.