Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazdaspeed3 vs. VW V GTI vs. Civic Si

1626364656668»

Comments

• hmmm avi would be a better candidate to answer that one. the steering on the mkV's was elctro-mechanical.

i dunno if i would find a car thats 'too' in control a terrible thing, but its nice to know they made the steering better.

adaptive chassis control is not listed as anything that will even be available on either the gti or golf, so no limo like shenanigans.
  • creakid1creakid1 Posts: 2,032
    The Adaptive Chassis Control comes w/ 3 different settings -- firm, medium & soft.

At least in Europe, the suspension of the Golf w/o the ACC option doesn't come in the soft setting. So you have to chip out enough $ to buy the ACC in order to ride like a limo. These days, I noticed this similar strategy in the US, where the lowest-price C-class Mercedes is forced to include the lowered sport suspension.

That's right, only the rich deserve to ride in a limo.

I remembered test driving all the Mazda cars at the 2004 or 2005 Mazda Rev It Up event. None had great steering feel except the Miata. The Mazda6 6-cyl rode & handled worse than the Mazda6 4-cyl. The RX-8 rode limo soft!

Later, I test drove more RX-8's at the dealers & found only the base model w/ soft suspension & 16" wheels did ride like a limo while the handling was still 'too' in control for me to explore the limit. So, yes, it's a terrible thing. LOL I'd rather drift the '05 Miata w/ LSD (limited-slip differential) all day long!

So I ended up picking up a Focus ST 2.3 w/ pure hydraulic steering, but neither its ride comfort nor the road holding can match the base RX-8, which unfortunately fishtailed badly in the rain due to RWD & un-availability of stability control!
This discussion has been closed.