Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi RS4

Comments

• dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    I'll second this. Audi dropped some dime on this event. Made the 3er event there last year feel like a Kia event. The funniest thing was almost No one would take a A4 on the Quattro course. The guy kept saying there a case of beer in the trunk ;) . I was surprised they tossed the keys to people without any instruction or a passenger instructor. Id guess my fastest lap was in the hardtop TT with a close second being the A3 2.0T. At least it "felt" quicker than the A3 3.2Q.

DL
  • jim2727jim2727 Posts: 7
    Can anyone speculate why Audi still does not post the weight and weight distribution of the RS4 on the Audi USA site? I just do not see why this information is so hard to find.

Also, I read a story saying they will only make 1000/year or that might have been 1000/year to the USA. Is Audi that unsure of itself? Maybe they are just trying to let the dealers gouge customers.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Go grab a car & driver or motor trend magazine. There are tons of TV spots & articles all over the net about the RS4. The Audi website is not going to have every last detail on there.

The RS4 is a very special car. It's made in a totally different production line than regular A4's. The car is actually made by the Quattro GmBH team. Basically the same people that make a large portion of the Gallardo for Lamborghini.

Audi is not unsure of itself. If you know anything about high end cars like the RS4, you would know that low production numbers make the car more special. They're harder to get, if you have one...you're special, and it increases the resale value and mystique of the car.
  • RS4 on ebay, starting at less than retail. Buy-it-now price is at retail. What does this mean??
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,721
    Somebody is playing an auction game with the RS4 on Ebay, hoping to bid the price up to way-above-retail levels and thus make a large profit.

This has happened to the Ford GT and a number of enthusasist-desired cars.
  • Don't think so... the "buy-it-now" is at retail. All I'd have to do is click the button, & it would be mine (assuming I had the $$). Also noticed the 25 Anniversary S4 (listed around $62K), is selling on ebay for mid-to-high $50K. Guess the "market" will determine the true value of these cars!!
    The 25 years of Quattro is bad timing for Audi. At 62k, why wouldn't you get an RS4 for 10 grand more?
  • jim2727jim2727 Posts: 7
    Weight, to anyone who knows about cars is not a "last detail", it is one the most important aspects of a car. Audi is embarrassed to put the weight on the www site after it spent so much time saying how it was working on lowering the weight of the RS4. I wonder if it would have weighed 4500 lbs if they hadn't ;-).

Audi is either not making any money off these or is unsure of itself. I remember the RS6 fiasco where dealers were stuck with them and ended up sending them all to Colorado...and stopped shipping them to the US. I think this is the reason for the 1000 number. If they blow through these, they will up the numbers, but for now I see this as a "wait and see" tactic.

We'll see in about 6 months if the lots in Colorado are full of these. Maybe I can be special with a EVO X in October 2007.

Cheers!
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Posts: 119
    The problem as I see it remains price.

An RS4 at S4 OTD prices would have me down at the dealership today.

IMHO, Audi is overpriced relative to the competition, particularly when you see how fast their resale value falls.
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    You could even get an RS4 for less than that!

I believe it's just over $70K for the RS4 w/ premium package.
    EXACTLY!

That's what I want! Although I'm not getting a new car for at least three years, I don't want a sedan to replace my convertible, and the RS4 Cabriolet would be the only step-up from the S4 Cabriolet. However, I might just have to live with the next-gen S convertible, probably being called S5 Cabriolet. If it has at least 360hp and comes in Sprint Blue, I'm sold!

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330 (soon to be replaced)
  • grntdgrntd Posts: 7
    yea it's worth it IMO. i personly hope the audi dominates.
    Plus with all that power at the bmw's wheels, traction would really be on it's side, unlike the audi.
  • grntdgrntd Posts: 7
    your wrong, it starts at 68k
  • Wrong!! You forgot the gas guzzler tax, along with the premium pkge ordered by most dealers the price is 73,450 plus TT&L But that's not the real problem.. The real problem is that the dealers do not have replacement parts for many components on these cars...So when they malfunction it may be 2-3 weeks before a part gets to the tech. to fix your car. I know, mine has been in the shop for 25 days... I have driven the RS4 for 5 days not a good ratio.
    I don't know if I've just been lucky, but I had a '00 A6 2.7T quattro, and had no problems with it.

I have an '05 S4 Cabriolet, and I've had no problems with it, except for a factory defect involving the A/C not working (they gave me a Pontiac loaner, the bastards!).

I have an '06 A3 2.0T DSG as a winter beater, and got it in January. I've had no problems with it.

Four years ago, I bought my then-seventeen-year-old son a '98 A4 1.8T quattro. He had no problems with it except for a minor oil leak. It's complicated how we replaced it- I used it as a winter car for two months, and couldn't bear it with the coffe-can exhaust he slapped on. I replaced it with my fabulous A3 and it only got a $5K resale, all because of his useless add-ons. The A3 is much better performing, stock!

Have I just been lucky, or is it because of the meticulous way I maintain my cars, or both?

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '03.5 Lexus RX330 (soon to be replaced)
    I'm replying to myself.

I won't have to live with the next S5 Cabriolet as a daily driver- I'd either get an S5 Coupe or a 328xi coupe for my winter car (S5 will pretty obviously be faster, and I may still want a familiar Audi over a BMW), and a Porsche Carrera S cabrio for my next daily!

;)

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    You and blkhemi crack me up with all your tough decisions about your next car. I live vicariously through your automotive conundrums.......
  • njrs4njrs4 Posts: 1
    i bought a rs4 in june & i am still waiting to take delivery.i can wait to put it to the test the awd audi dogs all its current competitors. awd is a must in the north east i was considering the new m3 till i saw the rs4 & every tom, dick, & harry has a bmw m3 only 800 rs4 in the states makes it kind of special
  • I dont understand why you would have to wait so long to take delivery of an RS4... I have a blk/blk with all options plus a dealer installed radar detector & jammer. I paid 75K + TTL I would sell you mine for 66K. I've had mine for 2 months and it now has 3500 mi. No wrecks, damage of any kind. never tracked or raced. but I have to tell you beware of electrical glitches, I have mine worked out now but it took several visits to the shop to locate and fix the problem. Plus parts have to be sent from Germany, none in the U.S. to support service. Good Luck with your order.
  • Don't think of the RS4 as a winter car. Even with winter tires, the thing is lowered three inches from the standard A4's ride height (see here) and the belly will drag in the shallowest of snow. Yes, ice driving is better with Blizzaks and awd, but if you can spend $80k for one car, you should be able round up enough for alternative transportation and a bumpersticker that says "My other car is an Audi RS4." And avoid ice.
    Everyone left the RS4! What happened?

I saw a Sprint Blue RS4 a couple weeks ago... wow, even cooler than the same paint on my car! The fact that it's on an RS4 makes it cooler! Sadly, I wasn't in the S4 at the time. If I was, we probably would've played around. I did give him the thumbs-up, however. I have to drive the RS4. I couldn't make it to Streets of Tomorrow all those months ago, but I simply must drive it before it goes out of production. I'm not going to buy it or anything (I need a convertible to be happy, I've realized), but it sounds so amazing.

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    A reporter with a national newspaper is hoping to talk with consumers who have received or are giving a luxury car as a gift for Christmas. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 8, 2006 with your daytime contact info.

Thanks,

Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.
  • I saw a new black RS4 for $76,000 AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :shades:
    Oh, you should see it in Sprint Blue... I might sound biased (my car is that color), but one flew by me last week, and I was amazed. The color is even more intense on that car. Too bad, though, because I wasn't in the S4!

Are you sure it was $76K? I'm pretty sure the RS4 sedan tops out at $72K. Must've been a dealer mark-up.

With the gas tax, it's 73,500 with the premium package.

Sold order paint is an extra 750 and rear side bags are 350 as the only 2 options.
  • Just picked up my Black on Black RS4.....I love it. I turned in a 2004 M3 and sorry to say the RS4 is soooooo much more fun
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Congrats!! Let's see some pics. (You can post them on your CarSpace page and then display them here.
  • the closest i've been able to come is "hot laps" with a pro driver at the streets of tomorrow in Dallas.

What a phenominal ride from the passenger seat. Can't imagine what it's like to pilot.

Have a blast in that thing for me.
  • I will post some pics soon. When I get my plates they will wash it and I'll snap some. Thanks guys for the congrats...its a great car...GREAT!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.