Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• gbjerkegbjerke Posts: 158
    I'd be interested in the sticker for your convert.
    Looks like you got well over 10% off which is an awesome deal. Local dealers are going 10% on coupes/converts and I can only speculate that your sticker was in the area of 65k?
    If so, you got over 12% which is awesome.
    Assume the Montana dealer you refer to is Fichtner's (sp?).
    They have a great reputation.
    Any info appreciated.
  • Didn't know if you saw the first one that got bounched (my fault) Anyway, the MSRP was $65,390 and from Karl Tyler Chevy in Missoula, MT. So far the whole experience was a good one.
  • gbjerkegbjerke Posts: 158
    KW--
    Got it---thanks.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Can anyone confirm whether or not Chevy raised prices on the 07 C6? It looks like a $2k increase on the coupe...
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    2006 Base Coupe: $43,690 + $800 destination

2007 Base Coupe: $44,170 + $825

- Ray
    Driving a 2007......
    Ray:

$44,995 was the right MSRP for a 2007, but new cars arriving on the lots seem to have an MSRP of $49,290. I don't know if this is part of the old scam where a retailer raises the price before he slashes the price for a "Red Tag Sale". I hope it's just my imagination because I was trying to hold out until Spring...(I sold my '05 Convertible to buy a house and can't wait to get another).

If the increase is real, have they increased content?
    Corvette.com ( as well as here on Edmunds ) still show $44,995 w/dest. as base price.

And I was at my local dealer yesterday – none of the coupes I looked at has a base MSRP (on the Mulroney sticker) any different. And my salesperson said that a few had arrived within the past week.

I also monitor other Corvette Forums – no such news has been posted.

Where exactly are you seeing $49,290?
    - Ray
    Confused . . .
    No, I think I'm just confused. The window stickers are changed to show options on the top line instead of additions down below.
    Um – perhaps you need to be a bit careful \ aware of how GMBuypower displays a “sticker”.

I see a couple of 2007s listed at that price on Kerbeck’s inventory listing. For example: VIN = 1G1YY25U875114756
    Their stock #: G70686

The top number displayed is $49,260.
    The bottom line number listed is $48,465 + $825 dest = a total of: $49,260.
    Options listed on the MSRP at additional cost total $4,295:

= = =

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $49,290.00

Options installed by Manufacturer

PREMIUM TINTCOAT PAINT
    $ 750.00

CHROME ALUMINUM WHEELS
    $ 1,850.00

Z51 PERFORMANCE PKG
    (INCLUDES:LARGER CROSS-DRILLED
    BRAKE ROTORS,PERFORMANCE-TUNED:
    TIRES, STABILIZER BARS,SPRINGS,
    SHOCKS, GEAR RATIOS)
    $ 1,695.00

TOTAL OPTIONS $4,295.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $48,465.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $825.00

= = =

In other words, the top number is not the base MSRP for a Coupe.
    In fact, the base price before additional \ optional equipment is not listed on this document.

If you find a dealer with a C6 in stock, the sticker starts at the top with a base price. The online versions do not – they start with the “bottom line”.

Clear?

- Ray
    Initially confused as well . . .
    Oops:
    I did not see your last post until I had finished & posted mine.

So - are you going to wait?
    - Ray
    Waited 57 years....
  • Dollar for dollar what do you think is the better choice a low mileage used 2004 or the new c6 and why?
  • I have a 2002 corvette with low miles and I love it. My last vette was a 1991 with 27k on it and I can tell you that there is a lot more car with the C5 than the C4. I`ve driven the C6 and as far as I can tell there isn`t as much difference in the C5 to the C6 as there is between the C4 and C5. I want a C6 though, I love the new body style and would love the have that 400 horses.
    I listed my BMW Convertible in the paper today. If it sells privately, I won't wait because I can't see the C6 prices getting any lower than they'll be over the next month. I won't trade the BMW in the winter because I'll get killed on it!
    I wanted a Corvette since I was old enough to read a car magazine (and probably earlier than that). Over the years I went back to the dealer to try each new version of the Vette. I almost bit on a C5 convertible but ended up buying the BMW instead. Each time, the Vette fell a little short--until the C6. I bought an 05 C6 Convertible and it was everything I ever wanted. In my opinion, the C6 Corvette is the best car, dollar-for- dollar, ever produced in the US. The combination of performance, refinement, and fun factor is unmatched.

My advice: buy the C6 and go light on the options--you won't regret it.
  • MSRP:$59,570
    selling price:$55,213
    Residual:$29,785
    Lease factor:.00220
    Payment:$698/mo for 36mos/36,000 miles-$3,500 down

This is in North Carolina and I would appreciate comments as to how this compares to other prices around the U.S. Thanks.
    Selling price looks way too high, if you are willing to buy "anywhere".

Reputable dealers ( including www.boardwalkchevrolet.com ) have published $12K off on in-stock, left-over 2006 Verts...

I negotiated $5K off an ordered 2007 Coupe in Sept.

Good luck.
    - Ray
    Happy C6 driver....
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    I don't know lease numbers.

But I agree with the other poster - locally there are ads for $10,000 and $12,000 off MSRP for 2006 convertibles.
  • what dealer or lease co. gave u that residual value? 30k after 3 yrs seems very low to me, $25 lost in depreciation.. man.

I am in a similar position but looking to sell after 2 yrs, so Id have to buy not lease_ I cant find solid residual values for 07s coupe tho =/
  • Here's a lease deal on an '07 vette 2dr Hatchback (6.0L)...

Base MSRP...................................... 44,170.00

3LT Coupe Preferred Equip Group............ 4,945.00

QX3 Chrome Aluminum Wheels............... 1,850.00

Destination Charge............................. 825.00

MSRP........................................... 51,790.00

Lease Payment Calculation:
    Agreed Upon Value.............................. 44,285.38

1st Month’s Payment............................ 755.00
    Security Deposit............................... 775.00
    Acquisition Fee................................ 695.00
    Sales Tax @6.50% x Total Monthly Payments 1,766.70

Gross Capitalized Cost................... 48,277.08

Adjusted Capitalized Cost................ 48,277.08

Residual Factor.......................... 0.58

Residual Value (Res. Factor × MSRP)...... 30,038.20

GMAC Buy Rate (S Tier)................... 7.50%

Term (months)............................ 36

Monthly Lease Payment.................... 755.00

Initial Lease Charges:

Title, Registration, Plates.................. 148.00

Amount due at lease signing.............. 148.00

No Disposal Fee. GAP insurance included.
    Annual Mileage: 12,000
  • I hear you..any specific options or packages you'd go without (that you have now)if you were buying again right now? I'm debating used 05 versus "light opted" 06/07..6spd. I'm especially interested if you or others are satisfied with their non-Bose (1LT, 2LT) sound system...Thanks.