Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Congratulations! Enjoy that sweet ride!
  • scb9119scb9119 Posts: 3
    Not sure what i should be paying? Just drove a 2008 base coupe, Victory Red/Black, 6 spd manual, only option is chrome wheels. 2,250 miles. dealer was asking $ 40,995. I offered $ 37,000.00. Car was immaculate. At a Chevy dealer.
    Also drove a 2009 Z06 coupe, 28 miles, Victory Red/Black, 2LT. They are doing supplier pricing, MSRP is 77790, sell for 70381. What are the chances they will go into holdback? Car has been in inventory 230 days, so i imagine the floorplan interest is adding up...

Car was an absolute blast to drive. Only reservation with the Z06 vs. the coupe is the lack of the removable roof.
  • MSRP on the car, based on your description, is around $49K. I think you're closer to a decent figure than the dealer is. You might still be able to go down a little further.

There are still a few new, 2008 1LT manuals at dealers. $4K factory to dealer cash, too. Found that out on the the gm.ebay.com site where California dealers are selling GM cars.
  • There are 135 2LZ's in Victory Red around the country with various options and interiors. Someone might be more interested to sell a car, although selling at Supplier price is not bad.
  • snuff2snuff2 Posts: 2
    If you were going to buy a 2009 or 2010 Coupe Automatic would you definetly spend the money on the LT3?
    Just bot an Arctic White/Black 4LT coupe today....list was $ 59k+, got it for $ 51750, which was about $ 1275 under invoice. I was initially looking at black, but i decided on the white because there really arent too many white C6s around....and the 4LT interior (leather wrapped) looks beautiful. Cant wait....picking it up Monday!
    BTW, this car comes with the dual roof package, and i was wondering if both roof panels store in the car, or do you have to keep one in the garage? I figured both wouldnt fit; but i forgot to ask....
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    I bought a 2007, and 3LT was a requirement. I wanted some of the options. You have to buy the package to get them.
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Don't totally understand your question. All coupes have brackets in the back to store a top. One panel in place on the top, one panel in the carrier location in the back. But you cannot take both tops off and store in the back.
  • Depends on if the equipment you want is on the 3LT package or if you can be happy with the 1LT or 2LT and their respective costs. The 1LT's interior only comes in black and two-thirds of all Corvette coupes built for 2009 have a black interior.
  • We are all aware of the $4,000 cash incentive or the option of the 0.0% financing. Does anyone have information that GM is giving any marketing support money on the 09 Corvettes? As I peruse various dealer websites, it appears that is still quite a bit of unsold inventory with the 2010 units arriving now.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,477
    Not according to anything I have seen -
    Including the Edmunds 'Current Incentives' page ....
    But the volume dealers [ see Kerbeck ad link below ]
    will sell a 2009 for $10K off MSRP or more...

Good luck!
    - Ray
    Ex-Vette driver...

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/corvette_special_offers
  • raa1raa1 Posts: 16
    Just about ready to pull the trigger on a Red 2006 Coupe with 28K miles, 1 owner, GM Certified Pre-owned for $28K is this a good deal
  • Well, you don't say what the other options are and its trim level, so it might be. Check here or KBB to see what they say.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,477
    My primary concern here would be the automatic trans.
    This was the first year for the A6.
    I bought an 07 w/A6 –
    And I had a rather significant issue.

Although the designation for 06, 07, 08 & 09
    was & remains 6L80, evidence from postings
    on Corvette forums strongly suggest that
    both hardware & software changes [ improvements ]
    have been made to this trans. each model year.

Not suggesting that you buy a newer Corvette,
    [ assuming this 2006 represents what you can afford ]
    just that you may want to pay particular attention
    to the A6 performance in test drives –
    and question any repairs done to the trans.
    that show up on CarFax or other records.

Good luck!

- Ray
    Reformed Corvette driver . . .
  • Thanks Ray...I was hoping that there was something out there that was not in the public domain. I understand there is some incentive money available at the end of the month based on total Corvette sales volume for the individual dealer, but not specifically designated on a individual unit. I have been offered a new 09 3LT 6 speed convertible in a reasonably good color combination of Black/Cashmere at triple net. That may just be all there is in this market...

Just a thought...if any of the new Corvettes are returned at the end of the 60 day money back guarantee program, and as the selling dealer is required to re-purchase them at 67% of MSRP for the 09's and 74% for the 2010 models, that may be a really good purchasing opportunity, don't you agree?
  • Wife and I just got our first Corvette. Is a 2010 LT2 Coupe, Blade Silver, 6 spd manual, all body-color accents, etc., from Harchelroad Motors, Imperial,NE. These folks race Corvettes and build them for special racing venues, so they understand what works, etc. I encourage anyone, first time or seasoned Vette nut, to talk with Sid and hear what they have to offer which may be of help to your needs.
  • raa1raa1 Posts: 16
    Hope you enjoy the vette, but I doubt anyone in this country can beat Kerbeck Corvette in Atlantic City, NJ. They are the #1 Corvette Dealer in the USA, the only place that is second is a dealer in Michigan.