Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    I just took delivery of my asiatic blue Z06 today. I ordered this car back on July 6. I personally drove to Bowling Green and picked out everything I wanted on it. When I placed the order, they said they were backordered 2 1/2 months. Here it is October and I'm just taking delivery. That aside, I love this car. It's light years ahead of the my '04 Z06. Just sold it for $37,000 with 9100 miles on it( it to was a factory order.) My new Z06 cost me roughly 70k with all the extras. they knocked a few grand off for paying cash. A guy pulled up next to me as I was coming from the dealer in his wimpy 911 Turbo S and decided early not test his luck. I've already got the Borla exhaust( I know it already has a decent exhaust, but it's never enough, right fellas?) and the K+N coming as I type this post. Hypertech says they will have the Programmer 4 ready in about a month. I'm looking to make around 600hp without superchargers and all that crap. I'll keep you posted .
    Don't you mean 40k more. Yea, because the other 20k will go into servicing that money pit. I should know as I've owned 3. All were great vehicles--- When they ran

Porsche-- almost laughable.
  • cat3126cat3126 Posts: 43
    Ernie Von Schledern in Random Lake WI.
    We received a order number from the dealer that does seem to match the numbers in the posting.
    The number we received is JNXC29
  • starrow68starrow68 Posts: 1,142
    Just for the record, I too had an order number for several months, the real issue is the status code that says the order is being worked on at the factory. The dealer 'sequenced' my order, but they did it right behind the orders for what they wanted to fill out the show room stock and mine never got to the factory, so I pulled it.
  • jmessjmess Posts: 677
    As noted already you need the status code assigned to the order number.

Any GM dealer should be able to look up the status code using your order number. Your dealer should give you this code if you ask for it.
  • Hello, I am ready to buy my first brand new corvette.. i had the dealership order the car for me and was told it was going to take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. i asked about financing and told them i have a perfect beacon (sp?) score. i want to pay what they pay for financing.. they told me the lowest %age i would pay is 5.9 .. with my exc credit, shouldn't i be able to pay what they pay? they told me the rate is set and they can't change it..
    Who did you finance through? If it was GMAC, then the dealer has to go by what GMAC financed you at. I would get a second quote from my own bank. Depending on which C6 you get and the cost, 5.9% may not be so bad after all. A close friend of mine got a C6 Z51 conv. and the cost was $56,600 and he is paying a rate of 6.3% through GMAC. His Beacon score was a 740. However, you can also have to much credit, as was the case with him. $1,600,000 home, $22,000 in credit cards, $210,000 RV. It all ads up. However, if all is paid on time, you should have no problem.
  • i haven't financed yet.. just getting a feel for what the dealership will offer me.. it was at potamkin chev in hialeah. the sales manager whipped out a book of percentages for each chev and showed me that the corv was "STND" which meant standard. I shouldn't have to pay more than what they pay if i have a perf score, right? i don't have too much credit either. also, how much should i haggle with the msrp? i'm such a rookie at this ;)
    You can haggle a bunch but at a local dealer you are bidding against the next guy who wants that production slot and he may be willing to pay. On the internet you can find dealers that will discount if you take the time there instead of letting the local salesman take up time you could use getting a much better deal.

As to paying what they pay based on credit score, I'm betting they are trying to make money so are going to get a spread, large or small, they want something. There are no rules so it is a matter of research and finding the best source, like a Credit Union is some cases.

Randy
  • Try CapitalOneAutoFinance.com I just bought a 2006 Vette financed through them and my rate was 5.25%. Total time to complete the application was less than 5 minutes, and approval came less than 10 minutes later.
  • Check around. I placed an order with a dealer who gave me $500 under MSRP for late November delivery. Then I started looking on the internet and found the exact car I wanted and purchased it for $2300 under MSRP. I found plenty of dealers out there who were willing to go at least $2000 under MSRP.
    Just looked at a site and saw a 2005 Blue and a 2005 DSOM convertible that were around $6k off MSRP. Dealer got them from dealers unable to move them and I expect they were up on snow country. Deals are out there if you look.
    Randy
    Ordered on 9/12/05 and the car was delivered on 10/29/05. The dealer Eric Von Schledorn (EVS) was delivering four others that day. They also had drop shipped cars in Maryland,Florida and Arkansas the same week.
    They are the largest Corvette dealer in WI. They are located in Random Lake WI. approx 40 miles north of Milwaukee.
    The discount off MSRP was $3170.00
  • I've got the hots for a low-optioned, automatic, yellow, 2006 coupe and have never bought or ordered a new car. Dealer reduced price $3,000 from $46,600 down to $43,600 without my asking. Are sales slow and do I have more bargaining room down to about $41,500 - $42,000? I've studied all 80+ msgs on this forum, many thanks for advice. It sounds like a dealer's Corvette allocation from GM is based on prior year Corvette sales. Is that true?
    If they unload a low demand unit then they can try to get a higher demand unit in the future and get a better return. For pricing I'd compare to Kerbeck Chevy, links above since that is the highest volume dealer in the country. Most local dealers aren't even close on discounts, so if you are in the ball park it sounds like a pretty good deal. You can always make an offer and if they don't accept tell them to let you know in a week and if they call but want you to come up, let them know your offer stands but won't be as high next time. Question always is, how much do you want it?
  • jmessjmess Posts: 677
    I think sales are slower and as already mentioned, you got nothing to lose but time if you make an offer. I got my 05 in April for $5K off but it has Mag ride, nav, and dual tops so the invoice was a little higher.

I personally like yellow, I really haven't found a color I don't like on the C6 though.
  • Hi guys,

I'd dearly love to get a C6, but can't get one brand new. I am wondering what you think the coupe with MT and low miles (under 10k)would be selling for in maybe two years? Basic 04's are in my price range of $30k-40k right now. It would be great if that would be the range for 05 or 06 C6 coupes two years from now. For me anyway! Your thoughts?
    You could get a basic '05 now for $40k. The dealers are discounting these heavily. I read that someone got $5k off of one. A base '05 C6 with no options opens at $43k, so you can deal from there. Why wait two years when you can get one new?