Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
Talk about what you paid (or think you should pay) and buying experiences here!

Comments

• $7999.02 US with taxes, tags, everything.

This included a $1500 factory rebate and I financed with Capital One Auto for 3.49 or 3.69% or something.

The vehicle was new.
  • randydriverrandydriver Posts: 262
    I paid a little more $9,900 U.S. and my interest rate was more 8.6%. I am digging myself out of the earlier part of this decade finance mess. Oh but I had the best sales guy and they didn't treat me like crap because my credit was a little (damage?).
  • We paid $8,900.00 US with a 7.95% through Compass bank on a pre-owned Silver '04 hatchback.

Listed for 12,900 new... it had just over 9k miles on it. :shades:
  • randydriverrandydriver Posts: 262
    That sounds like a good deal. How was your experience, and how do you like your car?
  • mletourmletour Posts: 4
    How'd you swing that deal? I am trying to get into an econobox cheaply, and I would be ecstatic with that deal.
    Mike
  • sbspencesbspence Posts: 16
    I purchased a NEW 2004 leftover in Feb of 2005 for $8995 Mine is the mid level victory red 4door sedan with auto,ac, and a nifty grey graphic splash ... I ended up out the door at $9200(plus tax,tags) as I wanted the MP3 player added on.

I'm VERY happy with the car and it's performance as well as the dealership's trtreatmentf me and my family. My kids love the spunky good looks, and the bright color! I added on a set of GM splash guards(recommended), and a GM bug shield...it turned out to be a cute lil bugger! I get compliments on it all the time. Enjoy! :shades:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    A reporter is hoping to speak with anyone who recently discussed a trade-in at a Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, Saab, Hummer, or Cadillac dealership. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Tuesday, April 26, 2005 with your daytime contact info and any brief comments you care to share about your experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tronno22556tronno22556 Posts: 32
    I faxed about 50 dealers within a 50 mile radius of me for the best price and got a few replies faxed back. I took the best offer and faxed again asking if anybody was going to beat that price. Nobody did, so I went to http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com and was able to get a check loan for 3.69%.

The faxed quote was about $8350 or so (this included $1500 cash back that Chevy was offering at the time). My fax specified white, but when I went to the dealer, they didn't have white. So as I was about to walk out of the dealership, the guy said that for $8000 I could have the red.

Well, that was enough convincing for me so I stayed and filled out the paperwork.
  • rbehrensrbehrens Posts: 2
    Hello - thats what i'm taking about!! Can you share the model you bought ( was this the base version) Dealership and person you dealt with? I am interested in one but seems the prices are about $8900-$9000 right now. Thanks

If anyone else has the "inside scoup" to get the Aveo at under $8K, I am all ears!!!!
  • rbehrensrbehrens Posts: 2
    Hello again - had two dealers quote $8K for me in white or silver! Also told me that about once a month or so they get a few "leaders" in for $6900!! I told them to let me know when those come in and I will buy!! Come on a new car of $6988?? I was going to buy a used car for $4K with 100K mileage - I will wait for the $6988 commuter special !!
  • Out the door price was $9,200.00 for the base Aveo sedan.

I have the metallic blue one. Purchased on 18 Jan 2005.

I have had no problems as of yet with the Aveo, gas mileage is ranging from 27 to 30 MPG city driving.

I like the roomy interior and large trunk space. The seat height adjustment and the sunglass holder not to meniton a cigarette lighter was a suprise to me.

Over all driving impressions are quite good, the Aveo turns on a nickle and gives you $0.04 change
  • jlandmarkjlandmark Posts: 10
    Man I live in canada, And i got a good deal on my aveo when i bought it back in jan of 2004 for $14,000 fully loaded and that was the best they could give. And you guys are talking about 9K and 8K a 2001 chevy z24 up here barly goes for 9k let alone a 2004 aveo WOW. :shades:
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    $14K Cn works out to $11,400 US. Is the difference since 2004 due to the fact that your car is fully loaded and a change in exchange rates? Plus you probably are suffering from the old GM trick of introducing a car at a high price and then discounting the hell out of it in a year or two. Hopefully the new prices on the HHR indicate that they're not trying to sucker the early buying public on their new cars. I think more realistic prices and smaller discounts would help everybody.
  • canroccanroc Posts: 5
    I have been trying to sell my 2004 Aveo Hatchback LS. I am now down to a $7500 asking price. I love the car but need to sell because I have three vehicles and a motorcycle.. just too many to maintain, wash, and insure. For practical reasons I need to keep my new truck and my '99 Intrepid.
    ...but I have been advertising for eight weeks now and not even a nibble. I recommend all to buy used rather than new.. let others take the depreciation hit.
  • jeffdavisjeffdavis Posts: 11
    If you are in the market for an Aveo, you may want to wait for the 06 model. GM is upgrading the car, with side air bags as standard equipment. There will be a cruise control/keyless entry package on the LS & LT models. A/C will be available on the SVM model. The 14" alloy wheels will have a new style, and now there will be a 15" alloy wheel, standard on the LT, available on the LS. Also the LT will get new satin chrome accents on the instrument panel. This info is on www.carquotes.com.
  • I was going to wait for the 2006 aveo but decided to check out the 3 chevy dealers that are within 15 minutes of each other.The gm employee discount kind of made me curious as to how much of a deal I could make.Was set on an ls automatic.The first dealer had 2 automatics for $11,200.The second dealer was so busy there weren't any salesmen available at the time. This dealer had only 4 aveos anyway.The third dealer had 11 Aveos on the lot which included a black hatchback with auto, alum wheels and mp3 player.After a bit of haggling in which I told the sales manager I would probably go back to the first dealer he came down to $11,600 which I agreed to.I paid it all with a check to keep the numbers simple.The Fand I guy tried to sell me a 1600 dollar extra warranty which I got down to 300 dollars.Since it was the end of the month (june 28) the car dealers wanted to get as many cars off the lot as they could.After state tax, doc fee,prep fee, 4 year mandatory NJ registration fee, and new plate fee it came to $12,700.
  • The salespeople at Pine Belt Chevrolet in Eatontown, NJ were very helpful and open about the pricing.Since the profit on Aveo's don't amount to much compared to their other models they went the extra mile to make a sale.All the info and tips on Edmunds and the other internet sites helped me prepare for the car buying experience they were a great help.
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    congratulations - let us know how you like it.
  • btr76btr76 Posts: 2
    By the way, is that a LT or LS?
  • The model I bought was an LS with automatic trans, mp3 player, and aluminum wheels as added options.I have only 112 miles on the car but it runs smoother than I thought it would.Believe it or not it is roomy inside and runs quiet on the highway with enough power and manueverability in this crazy New Jersey traffic.
  • rsononersonone Posts: 3
    I got a deal on Aveo, 4dr Sedan, for $8200 MSRP. It is manual and comes with A/c, no CD. I think this is a good deal. Wha do you folks on the forum think?

thanks,
    -r
  • How did you get that price? The going price seems to be $8766 after the $500 rebate and the GM employee discount.
  • And....that's for the base car with 5sp no a/c.
    Great deal - did you use the GM card?
  • With the GM card it nets out at $6200. A "give away".
    Wish I had that card instead of the newer one.
    We got $900 off our Aveo, for a total of $8500 (Base w/ auto & A/C)
  • That's still a very good price on the base with auto/air. What is the MSRP? According to Edmunds it doesn't appear that A/C or Auto can be ordered on the Value Pkg model (?).

Also, what do you (or others) think of the extended warranty to 5 years 60K miles Bumper to Bumper? This is above and beyond the 3/36 and 5/60 power train. The dealer offered it at cost at $475 (or supposedly $25 over cost).
  • I do know you can get air on the value package....that is the only way it would sale down here. Can you imagine 100.F. with no air... The salesman said it was close to $1000 to do that, and no automatic
    The MSRP of our 2004 5-door was $11635. I called it a base, but this trimline became the LS for 2005 - it wasn't an SVM. A/C is standard on the base/LS, and the Automatic transmission was like $800 or something. So I was very happy with $8500.
  • So last friday bought the car! Final deal: $9100 out of the door.

It is an aqua green sedan, Aveo LS. Manual 5Spd, radio, a/c, floor mats.

I did not use the GM card.

I think it was a good deal. So far I love the car, very smooth.

-ranjeet