Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Air Conditioner Package for 2005 Chevrolet Aveo

Air Conditioner Package
    Keep cool on hot summer days with this GM Air Conditioning package specifically engineered and designed for your vehicle.

Air Conditioning Package 96430552 $1,228.57

* Required and optional accessory equipment may vary depending on your vehicle. Prices shown are suggested manufacturer's retail price, not including applicable vehicle calibration, balancing, installation or taxes. Dealer final prices may vary. See your dealer for details.
  • Great deal - congratulations. Enjoy the car.

jerseydriver - That AC package is something everyone should keep in mind when the end of the year $6xxx SVM Aveo's are out...
  • I have been looking at the 05 Aveo LS comes with A/c and a cd play. I would like to know what is the best price I can expect to pay. So far i have not had much luck talking the dealers down, they seem to stick together.. my price be for tax and title is 10 400.00 Any help would be great.
    Thanks Patrick.
  • Is it an autobox or a 5-speed.....also what part of the country are you in? With the gas prices going up they figured out the can ask more for a smaller car.
  • Getting ready to buy a Aveo. I want to know the best price I should be able to get..
    I have been looking at 2005 LS with 5 spd and A/C some have cd player some dont. Seems that most dealers are sticking together at 10400.00 to 10900.00 before tax and title. I seen a post that said someone bought the same car for 9100.00 out the door??? If you would post your sale price I would appriciate it thanks.

IL zip 61755
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    Are you currently shopping for a vehicle? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you to learn how important fuel efficiency is to you as you make your decision.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 14, 2005 with a few thoughts on the subject.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Well, I bought 2005 Aveo LS Spicy Orange 5 spd, cd mp3 player and comes with a/c.. Best price I could come up with was 10400.00 Add 6.2 sales tax 676.10 Subtract 500.00 rebate and ADD 78 plates 65 title for out the door price 11223.90. I did my best played hard ball and ticked a couple dealers off. one even replied to my e-mail with all cap letters in very large print...Seems they all are sticking together on employe price. my best deals came from dealer added charges. 540 destaion 189.00 dealer prep and the 43.99 dealer inspection.. I did not pay any of them.. they put the paper in front of me with these figures, witch by the way was not what we had talked about just 2min before (final price) I told them I was going to be late for work. witch i was.. and that i would give them till tommorrow to tink out it.. dealer pushed the papers in front of me to sign I told hime I wasent going. Im not paying that I told him. he went to the BIG GUY as he put it and came back with the 540 off. I read it over seen the 189.00 and refussed offer again.. he said that is less than it cost them to put it on the lot.. I told him out of the two dealers i had talked to eariler today that neither one of them were charging for that.... He said its not that much money.. it will only be 2 or 3 dollars per monthly payment... I said good since its not that much then you wont mind taking it off... he stared at me 30 or 40 awkward sec. i pused the paper in front handed me a pen and showed me where to sign.. I laughed... he thinks I am stupid.... I replied by pushing it back and looking him eye to eye I AM Not Paying that.... at that moment the BIG GUY came in to see i guess what was taking so long.. the two made it to the hall and I heard the big guy say were are not losing asale over 190.00, Take it off.. so he came in and asked if I would sign now... I said yes as long as sale price 10400.00 tax and title was all i was paying for..... signed it and gave them 500.00 down.. since the car was on another lot I will pick it up saturday..Hope this helps futher buyers out... Let me know what your best price is.. I still need one more Aveo for the wife....
  • You are one smooth operator...not letting them push you around over such a little amount. I hope you will enjoy you car. It sounds like a real beauty.
  • I'd love to know how/where you got one with auto for $9100 taxed.
    Here in Mid-Michigan, the best I've seen so far is LS/5sp/ABS (12,240 sticker) for $9995 after rebate and before tax/title/license. I'd fly out and drive home if I could get one for $8xxx elsewhere.
  • I got one 13325 otd, is a 2005 aveo 4 dr lt with 6 speaker and power sunroof. is that expensive
  • If your roof and speakers are the only options, invoice is $13,236. The dealer gets about $1,014 in holdback and GMS cash, and the rebate is $500. So dealer's cost is over $11,700, plus profit, plus tax/title/license. Looks like you did OK, unless there was dealer cash involved.
    I got another quote today, 5dr LS with no options, $8980 plus tax/title/license, $9572 OTD. The price looks like $1500 under GMS, so I figure this dealer is getting $1500 dealer cash on this car and GM's making him pass it on to me so he's selling it for GMS less $1500 less $500 plus $75 DOC. I'm looking to buy this week, my target is now 8700 plus tax/title/license for a LS or 7100 for SVM. (assuming there is $1500 dealer cash on the SVM also)
    I'm going to fax attack the fleet managers at every dealer within 75 miles of me which still has a stick shift 2005 on the lot, and the low bidder wins.
    If I end up with a SVM for under $7k, I can do without air conditioning, it rarely hits 100 deg in Michigan and my commute is only about 25 minutes in the afternoon. If I get an SVM, I might ask the dealer if he'll throw in the A/C parts at cost, I might pay $700-800 for the kit, but $1500-1700 more for an LS is a lot to pay for A/C and floor mats.
  • The best price I've seen in Roch NY is $7700 for the SVM.
  • There is not much mark-up with the Aveo. On a 2006 LS there's about $500 and $900 on the LT. No sense playing hard ball on this car. The Aveo is the lowest price car in America, 5 STAR crash test, and according to insure.com, the 2nd least expensive car to insure. The GM Employee price is only about $200 under invoice.
  • AVEO Air Conditioning... :shades:

Be careful, the package price may not include LABOR. Most dealerships are charging $90 to $100 an hour for labor, and if the Shop Manual says an A/C install warrants 5 hours, even if they do it in an hour, you'll pay the full brunt of the bill (just like they do in collision shops - that's a whole other can of worms).

I know someone who got a Base SVM with no A/C .. the most competative quote they got with labor was $1700. For that money you could have got the uplevel AVEO. Needless to say they will not be getting A/C.
  • I paid 10995 for a 2006 LS MSRP was 12760.
  • I have a local dealership who can get me a 2005 Aveo Aotomatic, Air but they want $11,377. I want it but need a better price! Help! Tracy

I see people saying they are using their GM card? I can pay with my GM card??
  • Darn I just checked on gmcard.com and only have a lousy $39 in GM money >:
  • hydnhydn Posts: 8
    I just bought a Victory Red 2005 Special Value 4 door today. $9605 no haggle price - $2000 rebate from Chevy for $7605 and I had $3137.07 on GM Mastercard rebate for an AMAZING price of $4467.93 for a NEW car. With tax of 5.5% (on $9605, why on the full price, damn the government) for $528.28 and state of WI license, registration, and filling fee of $119.50 for a check to write of $5115.71 (no dealer fees).

Well one of us was living right, because it was the exact model and color I wanted.
  • That is _awesome_ - congratulations!

Wow do I wish I had the old GM Card...
    Yeah $3137.07 helps a lot, but it also means I charged $62,741 over the last 6 years (YIKE).

Trust me, they have giving me plenty of literature and offers to switch to "new GM" card. All it takes is reading the highlights and it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize that would be a bad idea.

Snowed 2 days after I bought my Aveo. Great timing on parking my summer car (that is why I bought a car without AC), not that summer is very hot in N.E. Wisconsin anyway.
  • Hey, there isn't any other way you are going to earn 5% back on money you had to spend!
  • I'm currently looking to buy an Aveo, and I'm kind of wondering how all of you are finding them for 4-digit numbers. I want a 5-door automatic, and around here (southern Michigan/northeastern Indiana) the only ones I can find have a MSRP of around 12-14000 (all 2006 LS models). The specific one I'm looking at is 13,853 with a "Red Tag" of 13,213. Of course on the website is has the disclaimer of "plus fees" so I'm wondering what I'm going to encounter? (Aside from TT+L, I know.) Any input would be great. Thanks.
    I bought the "Special Edition" with no other options. That is how. $9995 MSRP for a 2005 including delivery. I think the 2006 are $500 more.

"plus fees" are just BS from dealers. Now-a-days most dealers have "advertising" or "inventory" fees. They can be like $60-$120+. Make sure to negoticate them out AND make sure they are not in the final bill because they WILL just add them in because most are real scum. When it happens, say "This is not the deal we aggreed to. Any more deception like this will result in the termination of our dealings." Be prepared to walk. If they say something like "I can't remove that fee" then say I want that much off the price then.

The dealership I bought from did not have one of those fees. Then again they are a "no-haggle" dealership (I would rather haggle), but they had the exact car I wanted. Plus it is hard to talk a dealership down much on the least expensive car.
  • Looks like prices are up about $1200 for the LS Version in 2006 vs. previous years. That stinks! Get an '05 while you can...
  • Hi: New to your group but have been posting lots on Fit and Yaris sites also.

Is the Chevy Aveo a rebadged Suzuki Swift???

The reason I ask is I have a chance to buy a Suzuki Swift 5-door hatchback for $9,995. Canadian (CDN) dollars. Only extra is supposed to be freight/PDE which according to dealer is $1,295 and according to Suzuki website s/b $995.

When I asked dealer why they were $300 higher on freight they said cars originally arrived in Port at Vancouver, British Columbia then went to Toronto, Ontario to be sold there. My dealer supposedly then got a "great deal" from some other dealership in Toronto and bought a bunch and shipped them back to my city which is Winnipeg, Manitoba. Apparently this extra $300 is to cover that "return" part of the trip from Toronto to Winnipeg. I personally think it’s a BS story. Suzuki is also saying on their website that a current sale is for $11,250 including freight/PDE which is within $40 of dealer’s higher charges.

Anyway, does $11,290 CDN at the high end or $11,250 or $10,990 at the low end, if I can get the car for 9995 + 995 sound like a good deal to you?
  • The Chevy Aveo, Pontiac Wave (Canada only) and Suzuki Swift+ are all the same (all arrived in 2004) The previous Swifts were different cars.

I don't know what freight/PDE typically is in Canada, but that sounds excessive compared to such costs here.

$9995 sounds pretty good ($8676 USD), but you definitely see much cheaper cars here. (for the SVM model I assume you are referring to). As low as 7487 Canadian. ($6400 US). Then again, I haven't seen any of these ads recently.
  • Yeah, we just picked up a 2006 Bright Red 5-Door with Auto-Trans, A/C, and MP3/CD upgrade. It was listed for $13,??? but my wife used the internet to make deal with a Dealership near Boston. They called back several times, but she turned on her "Long Island" accent and held out for 11,495. We love it (my 18 yr old daughter will drive it mostly) :) , but my wife and I will probably grab the keys (from time to time). Smooth ride, great pwr steering and breaks, quiet ride, loads of room (I am 6'4" and fit fine in it!) Kudos to Chevy for putting this car on their lot!
  • I ended up buying mine for $11,250 Cdn., including freight, which was the price as advertised on the Suzuki.ca website.

Only extras was so-called dealer fee of $199, (which they originally wanted $399 for but i refused. They also refused to go lower than $199 also so being the only dealer in my city and the only chance therefore to get a new car for this low a price i reluctantly paid it) plus $14 tire tax. With our federal and Provincial taxes of 7% each bottom line price was $13,067.82 Cdn complete drive away price. In Canada at least the 2006 Chev Aveo or Pontiac Wave does not have side airbags, CD etc that this Suzuki has so this is a better deal yet considering.

My only disappointment has been the gas mileage. My first tank only returned about 32 mpg overall. In Canada its rated at 31 mpg city and 46 mpg hwy. Remember too that a Cdn gallon is 20% larger than a USA gallon so my average is only about 26.5 mpg in USA gallons. To make matters worse the split was roughly 2/3 hwy and 1/3 city miles. Has anyone else got this poor mileage and do you think it will improve once broken in??? :(
    I only average about 26-27mpg. I got/get 12mph in 1997 Ford F150 and 22mph in Honda S2000 (2.2 liter 4 cylinder) in the same conditions. My driving is very mixed, city, 45mph country, and 65mph highway. My biggest problem is that I drive it like a sports car, which it is not. That means I rev it to 6k alot, drive 15mph over, and accelerate like I think it is a formula one car.

I am sure I would get way better MPH if I drove it like most grand-mothers, but that is not going to happen until gas is $15/gallon.

I have drivin in Canada, all I remember is going 25kph over the highway speed limit (in a P.O.S. rental car) and being passed like I was riding a bicycle. If you are driving over 65mph (100kph?) your gas milage goes way down.
  • I need a new transportation very badly, I have been waiting for these supposedly better quality cars, Yaris,Fit and Versa, but it seems forever the day they would finally arrive here in USA.
    I am in NJ and I saw the other day in the parking lot of a
    dealer one Aveo Hatchback LS for approximately $11,570.00 base price plus $850.00 automatic and $ 325.00 for a replacement of the standard Am/Fm with CD, plus $540.00 destination charges, total $13,285.00.
    This could always be debated, the main reason for this writing is that I read good things about this car and bad things from owners, like problems with the electrical components, having to be towed to the dealer for not starting up due to the internal computer of the car, noise and rattles from the suspension to the embarrassment of the owner. I read of a woman driving an Aveo and her electric supply being cut off while driving in a highway and creating a four cars accident because of that. Would any of you who writes about their Aveo, tell me if they know about those complaints, thanks :confuse:">