Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• rsononersonone Posts: 3
    I got a deal on Aveo, 4dr Sedan, for $8200 MSRP. It is manual and comes with A/c, no CD. I think this is a good deal. Wha do you folks on the forum think?

thanks,
    -r
  • How did you get that price? The going price seems to be $8766 after the $500 rebate and the GM employee discount.
  • And....that's for the base car with 5sp no a/c.
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    Great deal - did you use the GM card?
  • With the GM card it nets out at $6200. A "give away".
    Wish I had that card instead of the newer one.
    We got $900 off our Aveo, for a total of $8500 (Base w/ auto & A/C)
  • That's still a very good price on the base with auto/air. What is the MSRP? According to Edmunds it doesn't appear that A/C or Auto can be ordered on the Value Pkg model (?).

Also, what do you (or others) think of the extended warranty to 5 years 60K miles Bumper to Bumper? This is above and beyond the 3/36 and 5/60 power train. The dealer offered it at cost at $475 (or supposedly $25 over cost).
  • I do know you can get air on the value package....that is the only way it would sale down here. Can you imagine 100.F. with no air... The salesman said it was close to $1000 to do that, and no automatic
    The MSRP of our 2004 5-door was $11635. I called it a base, but this trimline became the LS for 2005 - it wasn't an SVM. A/C is standard on the base/LS, and the Automatic transmission was like $800 or something. So I was very happy with $8500.
  • So last friday bought the car! Final deal: $9100 out of the door.

It is an aqua green sedan, Aveo LS. Manual 5Spd, radio, a/c, floor mats.

I did not use the GM card.

I think it was a good deal. So far I love the car, very smooth.

-ranjeet
  • Air Conditioner Package for 2005 Chevrolet Aveo

Air Conditioner Package
    Keep cool on hot summer days with this GM Air Conditioning package specifically engineered and designed for your vehicle.

Air Conditioning Package 96430552 $1,228.57

* Required and optional accessory equipment may vary depending on your vehicle. Prices shown are suggested manufacturer's retail price, not including applicable vehicle calibration, balancing, installation or taxes. Dealer final prices may vary. See your dealer for details.
  • Great deal - congratulations. Enjoy the car.

jerseydriver - That AC package is something everyone should keep in mind when the end of the year $6xxx SVM Aveo's are out...
  • I have been looking at the 05 Aveo LS comes with A/c and a cd play. I would like to know what is the best price I can expect to pay. So far i have not had much luck talking the dealers down, they seem to stick together.. my price be for tax and title is 10 400.00 Any help would be great.
    Thanks Patrick.
  • Is it an autobox or a 5-speed.....also what part of the country are you in? With the gas prices going up they figured out the can ask more for a smaller car.
  • Getting ready to buy a Aveo. I want to know the best price I should be able to get..
    I have been looking at 2005 LS with 5 spd and A/C some have cd player some dont. Seems that most dealers are sticking together at 10400.00 to 10900.00 before tax and title. I seen a post that said someone bought the same car for 9100.00 out the door??? If you would post your sale price I would appriciate it thanks.

IL zip 61755
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Are you currently shopping for a vehicle? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you to learn how important fuel efficiency is to you as you make your decision.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 14, 2005 with a few thoughts on the subject.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Well, I bought 2005 Aveo LS Spicy Orange 5 spd, cd mp3 player and comes with a/c.. Best price I could come up with was 10400.00 Add 6.2 sales tax 676.10 Subtract 500.00 rebate and ADD 78 plates 65 title for out the door price 11223.90. I did my best played hard ball and ticked a couple dealers off. one even replied to my e-mail with all cap letters in very large print...Seems they all are sticking together on employe price. my best deals came from dealer added charges. 540 destaion 189.00 dealer prep and the 43.99 dealer inspection.. I did not pay any of them.. they put the paper in front of me with these figures, witch by the way was not what we had talked about just 2min before (final price) I told them I was going to be late for work. witch i was.. and that i would give them till tommorrow to tink out it.. dealer pushed the papers in front of me to sign I told hime I wasent going. Im not paying that I told him. he went to the BIG GUY as he put it and came back with the 540 off. I read it over seen the 189.00 and refussed offer again.. he said that is less than it cost them to put it on the lot.. I told him out of the two dealers i had talked to eariler today that neither one of them were charging for that.... He said its not that much money.. it will only be 2 or 3 dollars per monthly payment... I said good since its not that much then you wont mind taking it off... he stared at me 30 or 40 awkward sec. i pused the paper in front handed me a pen and showed me where to sign.. I laughed... he thinks I am stupid.... I replied by pushing it back and looking him eye to eye I AM Not Paying that.... at that moment the BIG GUY came in to see i guess what was taking so long.. the two made it to the hall and I heard the big guy say were are not losing asale over 190.00, Take it off.. so he came in and asked if I would sign now... I said yes as long as sale price 10400.00 tax and title was all i was paying for..... signed it and gave them 500.00 down.. since the car was on another lot I will pick it up saturday..Hope this helps futher buyers out... Let me know what your best price is.. I still need one more Aveo for the wife....
  • You are one smooth operator...not letting them push you around over such a little amount. I hope you will enjoy you car. It sounds like a real beauty.
  • I'd love to know how/where you got one with auto for $9100 taxed.
    Here in Mid-Michigan, the best I've seen so far is LS/5sp/ABS (12,240 sticker) for $9995 after rebate and before tax/title/license. I'd fly out and drive home if I could get one for $8xxx elsewhere.
  • I got one 13325 otd, is a 2005 aveo 4 dr lt with 6 speaker and power sunroof. is that expensive