Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

123457»

Comments

• I bought a 2009 Pontiac G3 (same as aveo) 5 door during the cash for clunkers. Price was $15000 sticker, -4500 cash for clunkers -3500 factory rebates, so I paid 7000 plus 450 destination charges. (my clunker was a true junker, worth $200) I like this car. It is a stick shift, air conditioning, but thats all, no cruise, no extras. I drive 17 miles to work and back each day, I drive gently and at 55 mph, and average 34MPG. I believe that the important fact is how much you pay per mile you drive, price and fuel milage, so it may not compare as well as some other compacts in some areas, including mileage, but if it proves reasonably reliable, it will be less pennies per mile than all the others, and is a good car for me. I have 3000 miles on it. It is easy to change your own oil, once you get used to the paper filter and Torx t45 tool to drain the oil. I would recommend this car to drivers who pay a small price like I was able to, and just look for $ per mile.
  • I just purchased an Aveo 2008 with 15,000 miles for $7799 from Miller Chev in Rogers, MN. Great experience....great car at a solid price. Most Blue Book MSRP's have it for over $8000 on dealers lots. Very happy! :)
  • wwwonewwwone Posts: 4
    At the end of December I purchased a new '09 sedan for $4200 TOTAL with NO trade and the is NOT Cash for Clunkers deal.

I needed a new car and wanted something new and cheap. The LS Aveo fit the bill. I sold my 1993 Honda Civic privately and got a new car with a 3/36K bumber to bumper warranty, 5/100k powertrain, 5/100k roadside assistance, 6/100k rust warranty, OnStar free for a year, built in phone and emergency services notification assistance, etc, It even has it's own phone number. Not necessary - but included free. It has side air bags, too. No curtain bags. But it's still a lot safer than my 16 year old Civic. No rust. No rot. All shiny, new and clean. Nice.

The car drives very well, is very comfortable and is NEW for $4200. I sold my Civic for $1.8k so after netting out my Civic it cost me about $2400 to move up 16 model years.

It turns on a dime and the brakes are awesome. The drivers seat is height adjustable and has adjustable lumbar support and even a little right-side armrest. It even has 2 trip odometers. Great for tracking gas mileage and little trips on the other trip odometer. Very handy. The rear seat folds down 60/40 style. So far I am averaging mid thirties after 7 tanks of fuel.

3,000 miles and climbing. Gas mileage is Mid-thirties MPG in winter in New England. The car is comfortable, great for running around, scout meetings, dance pick-up etc... Works for me.

Not a bad deal, huh.

marc :)
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter for a major daily newspaper is looking for someone who has recently purchased a Chevrolet Aveo. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by July 26, 2010.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter wants to interview people who are focused on achieving 30mpg or better in their next car puchase. Please reply to pr@edmunds.com by Fri, Oct 15, 2010 with your daytime contact info and a few thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I'm a BIG Chev/GM supporter and owned an Aveo. This car, however, is something that GM should get rid of. From day one I had, electrical problems, engine light ghost problems, continual blown head lights, cracked plastic pieces in cooling system causing overheating, leaking master cylinder seal, culminating with a broken timing belt at 120,000 km causing massive engine damage. There was no warning from GM dealership at services that the belt needed changing and nothing from them advising of the propensity of this engine to have timing belts break at low mileage.

If the new Cruze uses the same engine as the Aveo I would avoid it like the plague.

The Aveo was the worst vehicle I ever pruchased. GM should be ashamed.
  • I bought a 2009 Aveo in 2010. I paid $11,500 for it and now it has a little over 12,000 miles on it. There was a recall on the spark plugs not sure if the wires were included in the recall. Anyway, so far the car is doing great. I love to drive it and it gets great gas mileage. I only drive it four or five days a month. My husband and I drive for a trucking company and we are gone three to four weeks a month. :)
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,108
    Glad to hear that you're having such a great time with your Aveo, jeepcrazy2013! Wishing you many more happy miles!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I bought an '05 Aveo with around 50k miles on it for about $8k. I have not enjoyed it. I have had so many problems and in just a year and a half put an additional $1.5k into the car to keep it running. I will not buy another Aveo, and probably not another Chevy. I'll ditch this one off to some place like this once I'm done with it because it belongs in a junk yard!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,108
    We're sorry to hear about your Aveo experience, carguy172. Do you have any current concerns with the vehicle?

Sarah, GM Customer Service
123457»