Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mystery car pix

Comments

• Yes, true, but the M cars are rather low buck collectibles given how old they are and how much they cost to bring back to life--- and they've remained totally stagnant in value for quite some time. You can get more for a 1980s era Camaro Z-28 than you can for a M car.

The problem is that they look like regular BMWs and they really aren't that fast anymore.

But yes, some people do collect one or two--the reason values are stagnant is because everyone who wants one, now has one--so they just change hands at the same price because there is no strong buyer pressure to escalate. It's like "oh, you want X dollars for your M5...well call me if you'll take less".

So...collectible? Yeah. Hot collectible? No. Future collectible? Maybe not.
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    maybe if you took that DeLorean back and told some of the companies what to do then the 80's cars would be collectable. :D

Odie
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,403
  • fintailfintail Posts: 32,943
    I wonder what the white wagon is beside the 64 Galaxie - I was thinking Datsun 510, but that's not it. Maybe a Rootes group car?

Small car driving is a Datsun Bluebird, I think.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,275
    That white wagon has me stumped too. But the next 4 are all Ford; a '64 Galaxy, about a '66 Falcon, a TBird ('66 also I think) and a '57. Beyond that is a 2nd gen Corvair.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

I think the white wagon is a Datsun but the taillights are wrong for a 510, perhaps a late 60s Bluebird.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,459
    What is that big dark red/maroon car way over to the left side of the picture?
    Looks like a big 70's Impala to me.
  • grahampetersgrahampeters AustraliaPosts: 1,555
    G'day

Looks like a Datsun wagon but lights are not quite right. I wonder if it was local production under license or some sort of knock-off (popular in China and Taiwan)

Cheers

Graham
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Kent, OHPosts: 7,371
    My first guess was '75 Caprice Classic, but that's too new for the pic.

My best guess (and that's all it is) would be a '63-64 full-size Buick, probably an Electra 225.
    I wonder if it was local production under license or some sort of knock-off (popular in China and Taiwan)

Interesting, the photo shows the location of a U.S. Navy NCO Club in Taipei, Taiwan.
  • lostwrench1lostwrench1 Ct.Posts: 435
    Hmmm. The BB Club sign is in Korean and English. I would say the photo was taken in Korea.
    Needless to say, I don't know Chinese from Korean or Swahili but someone is pretty sure that the photo is of Taiwan.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,275
    Well, at least I feel better about not recognizing that white station wagon on the right; it was probably never sold here in the US of A.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• lostwrench1lostwrench1 Ct.Posts: 435
    Yes, the photo was taken in Taiwan.
    The photo was taken in 1970.
  • grahampetersgrahampeters AustraliaPosts: 1,555
    G'day

After a lot of trawling the net, there is apparently a Taiwan version of many Datsuns, made by Yulon or Yue Loong. The names for the cars were as cheesy as the Japanese versions. Given that I found a head cover image with the name on it, I suspect that there might have been an engine plant as well as body assembly.

However, I have not found an image of this station wagon

Cheers

Graham
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,043
    My first thought was that was the new Lincoln grill. Not a Ford logo though.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Looks like a Renault Murano. A little too much like a Murano, in fact.

Is that a Nissan rebadge?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,611
    Renault CUV based on Juke underpinnings.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Looks better and more practical than the Juke, though still a little wild.

I like the two-tone, inside and out.