Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mystery car pix

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,452
    No money down and get the GAP insurance?
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,100

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,396
    Those are three Ferraris from left to right:

Ferrari 400i, a 2+2 from the late 70-s IIRC, Enzo himself drove one.

Current model Ferrari California, a Folding hardtop design with none of the good looks and charisma of 250GT Spider California it was named after.

1960s Ferrari 330GTE/2+2, an underappreciated four passenger design from the golden era.
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,664
    The 330 GT 2+2 is now dirt cheap at only $85-$125K
    Exactly! The 330 GT is a 4 headlight model. It was a semi permanent fixture there getting an ongoing mechanical restoration of sorts.

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,917
    I am probably alone in actually liking the 400 series, I think they look nice.

When I was in Cologne in November, there was one parked on the street all the time, rain or shine. Seemed risky, I bet they decompose fast.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,601
    At least I know what the Taliban will be driving when they make a little money and run out of clapped-out Toyota PUs.

Evidently you've never seen Top Gear trying to kill a Hi-Lux:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/killing-a-toyota
    "I am probably alone in actually liking the 400 series"

I've checked, and yes, you are. :P The latest Sports Car Market Price Guide gives it a "D" rating on "investment", the lowest rating there is;

HOWEVER (here comes the bright spot)--the fact that they are the cheapest Ferrari you can buy on the face of the earth ($19,000 can get you a clean driver) means that someone is bound to notice soon and they see the prospect of a 15% gain in value this coming year.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 32,917
    I like that angular 2+2 style, very chic for the period. I imagine one cruising around the French Riviera ca. 1983 with Duran Duran on the radio :shades:

I'd never buy one though, maintenance scares me.
    edited March 2013
    Figure $2 a mile in maintenance to keep an older Ferrari in use as a reliable driver.
  • grahampetersgrahampeters AustraliaPosts: 1,554
    G'day

From the prancing horse on the nose and little emblem on the flank, it is a Ferrari but not one that I know. The coachbuilt body might be by Vignale, from the lines and I guess from about 1950-55. I assume that it is British delivery from the Right Hand Drive, but plates are wrong for any RHD country that I can think of.

Cheers

Graham
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,914
    I've paid almost half that to keep an E-30 running for the last 18 months.. :surprise:

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I'll take a shot at it - a 1951 Ferrari 212 Export Vignale.

I know because the owner of the dealership I worked at had a coupe version and it won a ton of awards.

I imagine this drop top is even rarer, one of one?

edited March 2013
    You're very observant Graham, considering how small that Ferrari emblem is.

Yes, it is a Vignale-bodied 1952 Ferrari 212 Europa cabriolet.
    It wasn't until the mid-late 50s that Pininfarina became the coachbuilder of choice for Ferrari. There are many early Ferraris by Vignale and Touring.

The pictured car s/n 0255EU is available for only for only $1,650,000 :sick:
  • magnettemagnette London UKPosts: 1,884
    In front of the two Opels in the foreground is a Renault Dauphine.
    There are a number of Simca Arondes The earliest one is passing the Riley whilst next to it the lemon / blue one is a later version with the second grille. and the grey car which is about to pass by is the third type. That car is being overtaken by what I think is a Simca Ariane or Vedette.
    The car beyond the passing grey Aronde looks like another Opel Rekord.
    Also there is a Citroen 2CV parked behind the cream coloured Renault 4CV /750.
    On our side of the central reservation there is another Simca Aronde in front of the Ford 100E, a Studebaker Hawk (57?) and ahead of that a Jaguar (later retrospectively known as a MkI).
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,589
    I'll take the hard part, and leave the easy stuff to someone else.

It is a MB from the 1970s.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• magnettemagnette London UKPosts: 1,884
    edited March 2013

Sorry it is so small
    It is a MB from the 1970s.

Wow, brilliant. I've seen lots of 1970s Mercedes but never that one.
    Anyone else?