Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Starfire Pearl (White) with Cashmere interior. Loved the Mercury Metallic but didn't like the Black Birdeye maple. Too shiny for me.

Trying to find chrome wheels that are replacements for the 18" standard wheels. Don't want to go through Lexus. Does anyone know who makes the wheels for 2007 Lexus GS350 RWD?
  • shenghshengh Posts: 29
    Put a deposit down this afternoon - Negotiated $2750 off MSRP ($48997) for a GS350 with Nav & 18" wheels + other accessories (total of about $4132).

How does this compare - should I be happy? Seems like the dealer here in Houston was really unwilling to give much as there weren't many GS350's in their lot (only saw 2 or 3). The one I wanted was being shipped...
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    Be happy with the deal. I had $3670 off MSRP ($52067) since Oct 21st. Mine is being shipped too. I can't wait for
    my car to arrive. It's a hot car in the Boston area.
    Hi chucko, I am sure it's a regional thing. Have not had any luck finding out what people in Houston are paying. I would be willing to fly east/west if I knew I could secure a significantly better deal (i.e. $500 - $1000 over invoice).
  • Car-Man or anyone else: What is the current Lexus money factor and residual percentage on this vehicle for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year and Tier 1 + credit rating. THANKS!!
  • Today I went to a Lexus dealer in north houston, and the saleman offered the selling price (include taxes+title+lic) for $48,000.
    I negotiated down to $44,000 but they did want to sell it.
    It's GS 350 Base, the only upgraded is the 18" wheel (cost around $1000).

Please advise!
  • I mean they did not want to sell it for 44K.
    what was the base invoice price with the equipped option(s) for the vehicle? you should go to a site like kbb.com and research it first... that way you know what the dealer's invoice price is/should be. You can try other dealerships - there are 3 others in Houston.
  • The dealer offered me the GS 350 + 18" Wheel for selling price of $45,935 (including taxes+title+lic).

Any advise?
    how much over invoice is that before TTL?
  • The invoice is around 42K
    If it's around $42k, that means you are not much over invoice with a $45,935 drive out price. I say go for it!
    Finally picked up my GS350 AWD+ML yesterday.
    I don't think you can get $1000 over the invoice in the
    northeast.
    Congrats chucko3! I was able to negotiate mine down to $2000 over invoice and get to pick it up today!!! GS350 RWD with NAV and 18" summer tires. :D
    I thought the odometer gauge is blue as shown here:
    http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/detailed_specifications.html

But mine is white. What color is yours?
    I know I can change the mode, but I still can't change it to
    blue. Haven't driven in daylight yet. Maybe it turns blue in daylight.
    Nice catch. Mine is the same as yours... just went out and tried, but did not get the blue to show up. Maybe it's only in the 430? :confuse:
  • I'm looking at a 2007 GS350 AWD with an MSRP of $47,312 for $43,300 which is $4,000 off MSRP.
    KBB states invoice is $41,600.
    Salesman claims his "dealer" invoice is $42,300.
    So it's $1,700 over KBB invoice.
    And $1,000 over "dealer" invoice.

Is this a good deal, or should I keep looking?
    The car is in New York, is white/black and has just vented seats, spoiler and accessory pkg.

Thanks!
    $41600 is invoice with options as you mentioned, but w/out
    accessory package (wheel locks, trunk mat, and cargo nets). Add another $300 to it.
    Your offer $43.3K is good. It's 1400 above invoice.
    But I would check around with at least another dealer.

My GS350AWD+ML came from NY a few days ago after 48 days
    waiting. They don't make many GS350AWD with ML.

There are many $47K & $49K (MSRP) cars around here. I
    imagine they should have quite a few in NY.
    So make sure you get the color you want it. I only got my 2nd choice of color.
  • I got a price quote of: $46871 (Before Taxes)
    Specifications:
    2007 GS350 RWD obsidian/cashmere
    18" summer tires
    Mark Levinson
    Navigation System
    Preferred Accessory Kit
    other addons like spoiler, ventilated seats, etc.

Is this a good deal for this car in the Los Angeles area? Thanks
  • "I got a price quote of: $46871 (Before Taxes) "

What is MSRP on the window sticker?
  • MSRP is $51763. Car includes XM radio as well.
  • At $4,892 off MSRP it sounds like a good deal to me.

Go for it!
    I agree!! Good deal!!
  • I put a down payment on a GS350 AWD w/ the Mark Levinson stereo options/accessories. Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA gave us $1,500 off the retail. He's searching for a Blue Onyx Pearl w/ cashmere int. but it seems unlikely he'll find one any time soon. Are they really so rare, or is the dealer trying to avoid getting the car from another dealership at his expense? We hoped to get the car by year's end.
    $1500 discount seems way too low, even if the car you want is not in stock. Also, they will typically try to pass the shipping cost on to you if they have to get it from a different dealer. Try to shop around if you have that option.
  • Is it possible to get back our $1,000 down payment so we can free ourselves to go elsewhere? I trust this dealership, and the salesman, but I'm afraid they saw us as too willing to buy and didn't feel they needed to give. We also had $750 off from a taste-of-lexus event coupon, so we're getting $2,250 off total. That means we're paying $49,815. Too high? How do you deal after you've put money down but don't have a current contract? We opted out of a base model for the M.L. version, which they didn't have.
  • I also had the Taste of Lexus coupon. I bought my car last week, MSRP was $47,511 made the deal for $42,800, then minus the $750 coupon for a total of $5,461 off MSRP.
    You really need to shop around! Use the Edmunds price quote feature, it's free, and that's how I bought my GS350 AWD. Email them exactly what colors/options you want and find one in stock. Then call the internet sales person and offer them $4,500 off MSRP. Read the coupon, it says to make your best deal first and then apply the coupon as cash payment.

And yes you can get the down payment back, call them NOW and tell them. Then show up after work. DONT take no for an answer. Finding another car at another dealer ALWAYS costs you more money.
    I did so (got my deposit back) and you should be able to also, especially since the car is not there yet. Just tell them you've changed your mind. If they really push, tell them you got a better deal elsewhere.

If you are willing to travel out of state, I've heard that the Ray Catena dealership in NJ has done some deals. Definitely use the online price quote feature on Edumunds as a starting point.
    hrthrb, check out this link - you may want to make absolutely sure that you get onto the dealership to get your refund to you ASAP.

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230603&highlight=Pohanka