Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Yes.. that's fine... Thank you.. ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks again. Enjoy your GS300. Sounds great. I'll contact Longo on Internet. I would need the car shipped to me, but probably worth the cost if the deals are that good.
  • rkjrkj Posts: 4
    How much should I expect to pay for GS300 AWD in Baltimore?? How much to take off the MSRP??
  • Hi bartalk,

You may want to try Lexus of Steven Creek as well. Both Longo and Stevens Creek are owned by the same group. I got my GS300 RWD from Lexus of Stevens Creek about three weeks ago. MSRP was $50,209 and I paid $44,981. They also had a Sirius promotion that time. I got it installed and 9 months subscription with no additional charge.

I did not go through the internet department. They were not very responsive and would not negotiate.

Lexus of Sarramonte and Lexus of Pleasanton in Bay area also offer good price. I got an email from Lexus of Pleasanton said they would beat any dealer quote by $200.

Good luck.
  • I bought a GS300 AWD in Virginia (at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria) in June for $3000 below MSRP (no ML or nav). I found Silver Spring (closest to me in Columbia) wouldn't deal hardly at all.

I suspect things have become looser now. You should be able to get around $4000 off MSRP. This will depend on the option levels. If you get ML and nav, you should be able to do even better.

Don't be afraid to walk out if they don't offer this. You have Towson, Owings Mills, Annapolis, Rockville, SIlver Spring -- and Lindsay if you don't mind the drive -- to investigate.

Good luck.
  • Hi, bigpai,

Thanks for the tips. The price I got from Longo was excellent, nearly $4,000 off sticker for the GS300. My problem is that I would have to have it shipped to the midwest which would cost about $2,000 and thus neutralize the discount. It's tempting to fly out there and drive it back. Locally, the best I can do is $2,000 off sticker. Yes, I did hear about Serramonte and the others as well, but shipping again would be the problem. California is much more price-competitive than Illinois, probably because there are more dealers and a huge market.
  • If you fl-out you will have a great drive back in a super car..can't say enough about my new GS300 :)
  • rick: I agree with you. But I would like to get your reaction to post #18 under "Infiniti M35 vs. Lexus GS 300."
  • Can somebody give me residual and money factor on 2006 GS 300 w/nav, or without.
  • Hello everyone, just wanted to share my buying experience.

Just got a 2006 GS 300 AWD. I got the Navigation, ML system, ventilated seats, rear sun shade and moon roof. During about 2 months of negotiations I got the best quote from Oakland California. But then during the last minute, they backed out because I live in another state. I was very upset and challenged this and they simply ignored me. I actually didn't believe them and thought that it was very strange so I contacted another Lexus dealer in California. They told me that they sell to out of state buyers all of the time. The other dealer wouldn't match my quote, so I found that in Florida, I got a very good quote, 4,700 off of MSRP. I bought it and shipped it to the Midwest.

I'm very dissapointed with Midwest Lexus dealerships. Nobody wanted to deal with me at all, especially since I wanted the ML audio system. They don't make the GS 300 with the ML in the midwest and you would have to order it. They didn't want to order a vehicle and would not go past 500 off of MSRP for existing GS 300's in the lot without the ML. I'm very puzzled as to why I would have to go to another state to buy a car that I want.

Good luck to you all. I've owned many cars in my life and drove a $97k MB last year. This car beats them all hands down. Just an amazing piece of artwork.

Midwest Ron :)
  • Ron,

What did it cost you to ship it to the midwest? And who was the shipper? I negotiated a good price with a California dealer, but shipping to the midwest was $2,000, which pretty much neutralized the price advantage.
  • brat20,

The residual used on the GS300 AWD is 55% and the MF is .00235 for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles. I doubt that the absence of the Nav would effect it. I questioned the RV since it is substantially lower than that on the Infiniti M35 (60%) and Lexus is supposedly known for holding value and having more reliable cars. Infinti's MF was also lower at .00195. Apparently Infiniti is looking to move a lot of cars, because these rates lead to car payments of about $85 less a month on comparably priced vehicles. Extra miles, bought up front, are also more expensive on the Lexus ($.15 versus $.10).

Despite the obvious price differences, and the fact that I have driven Nissan/Infiniti for the the past 14 years, I am leaning towards to Lexus. The build quality just seems much better and the interior is pristine. And to the earlier post that spoke about not getting the ML sound system, very few cars in my area (Boston) come without it.
  • Worked with internet sales and on a loaded GS430 ~58K, they would come off $5200 off of sticker. I saw alot of postings on GS300 but is this a good deal for GS430?
  • fabulous deal. Where did you get it?
  • Midwest Ron:

I live in the Midwest as well (suburb of Chicago) and found that dealers are unwilling to move much off sticker (they state the cars are selling themselves - who needs salesmen then?). However, if you belong to Costco, they have a buying program that sets you up with a specific dealer to offer a set price without the need to negotiate - I believe the GS 300 discount is around $2,500 off sticker - I do not know if it only works with current inventory.

I have found Lexus Corporate and its dealers very difficult to deal with - I really like the GS but I am waiting for more info (pricing etc) on the new IS 250 AWD and can not believe with a car coming out in approximately 3 weeks that pricing has not been released. Most of the Dealers I have talked to seem very arrogant and I feel like I am doing them a favor by buying a car from them. :confuse:

Lipster
  • Hey Bartalk,

I used Dependable auto shippers before for another car that I purchased earlier in the year and had them ship from California to Chicago it ended up being 1100. When I called them for a quote from Florida, they gave me a quote of 1800 and that is just terrible. So I went with Southern Auto Transport, based out of FL for $670 to my door.

Hope that helps.
  • Hey Lipster,

I feel your pain. I have been dealing with them as well and feel the same. I even know a friend at a local dealership in the Western Suburbs. He told me that there is no way that he could come close to the quote that I got elsewhere. So what I would suggest to you is to use the local dealerships to find out what options that you want and then go somewhere else to buy it. That's what I did and I'm very happy with that decision. I almost got discouraged and went with another car all together, but I'm glad that I didn't. This is an amazing car. I got the Levinson and it is the best sounding car stereo that I ever heard. It's simply an amazing car overall.

Good luck.
  • Hi bigpai,

Just a word of warning. I wanted to do the same thing with another car that I bought earlier in the year. There is a new law in California that restricts out of state buyers from driving the car on their streets. The new law says that if you buy it from out of state and drive it on their roads at all, you have to pay their sales taxes as well as your local state sales tax. I fought it and didn't win. But there is a way to do it. You will have to register the car in your local state when you get all of the paperwork, then bring your temp plate / registration with you. If you put them on the car, then you can drive it back. By the time I figured this out, it was too late for me to do it. I didn't have a lot of time to plan this out as needed.

Good luck.
  • Midwest Ron:

Thanks for the tip on Southern Auto Transport. With gas prices climbing, I'm not suprised shipping costs have increased. Can you tell me which Florida Lexus dealer you bought from? Edmunds does permit mention of dealers, just not the names of individual salesmen. Thanks.
  • Bartalk,

Wilde Lexus in Sarasotta Florida was the dealer.

Good luck.