Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL 2006+

Comments

• I agreed on $1,200.00 over invoice, pretty sure I could have done better but I've dealt with the same sales manager on two other cars in the past and just kept it simple. It went like this: What price are we talking about? He replied 1500 over invoice, I said 1000, he said 1200. Fine done in 2 minutes, I know I may be a sucker to bite that easy but I'm so satisfied with the dealership (Fresno Acura, Fresno, CA). Such a change from the incompetent arrogant ___ _____ at Weber BMW here in Fresno!
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,629
    You are not a sucker. If you got the car you want at a price you are comfortable paying, you've won. Especially if you now have a dealer that treats you right!

Enjoy the TL!

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    But what did he say the invoice was? Sometimes dealers pump up what they claim is invoice. I would want a dollar amount, not X over invoice. At the closing, one could get a bit of a shock.
  • We plan to buy a TL this week (or next week). $33K is our limit for the 06 TL 5AT/Navi. If we don't get that, we'll wait until all of the 2005 models are sold. Maybe a month from now. I don't want my dealer to think of me when he/she is in Hawaii this winter. :shades:

Before you ask, we're interested in the TPMS so we'll pass on an 05 TL.
  • If you can get it, take it. 33K for '06 TL Nav is only a few hundred over invoice.
    You'd probably start a stampede to any dealer offering this kind of deal.
  • Why would the '06 prices drop after the '05s are sold? :confuse: (I'm not arguing, I just don't understand the economics of that)
    Popular cars usually sell for sticker (or near it) when they're first introduced, early in the model year. Then, as time passes, winter sets in, car sales decline, and the discounts begin. Granted, the '06 isn't a "new" model, but I think in general prices decline in each model year as time passes, falling to a low before the introduction of the next model year.
  • sriggs1sriggs1 Posts: 17
    That's invoice, isn't it? Surely, you will have to pay something OVER invoice.
  • I understand that prices drop as time passes, but the prior poster didn't mention waiting until February when sales are lower. He said he'd wait until the '05s are gone. Other than that being a way to measure time, I don't see how the disappearance of '05s will reduce the prices of '06s on that basis alone.

Maybe he meant "wait for a rainy day towards the end of February," but decided to phrase it in terms of the '05s disappearance b/c that's when he thinks they'll be sold off, but. . .
    My mistake, invoice is not 33k, it is 32,999 for an 06, ATw/Nav
  • bklynguybklynguy Posts: 275
    33K sounds optimistic right now, but who knows in 1-2 months. It helps to live in a competitive market. For example, in the New York Metro area, there are at least 15 Acura dealers (more if you include South Jersey & upstate NY). It only takes one dealer to "break". Maybe we'll get a 33K post by Thanksgiving. :)
    Apparently auto sales have fallen off a cliff since Oct. 1. GS and Ford are down unbelievably from Oct. '04 (50% or more), but even Toyota and Honda are down a lot, too. Might be a good time to get a good price. Don't know how that might affect the TL specifically, however.
  • My 06 Silver TL arrived today,and I will be picking it up Friday. I found it was a good time to deal, only dealer in town and managed to get $2000 off MSRP.
  • The Acura dealership in Spokane has a 2005 in their show room with red exterior and ebony interior. The dealer told me 2 weeks ago that this combo was not available on the 2006. Sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
  • the best you will probably do is between 33800 and 34100. Usually dealers will not go less than 1000 over invoice. Invoice on the 2006 is 225.00 more than the invoice on the 2005 models. That puts you around 32850 if my memory is correct (including 615.00 destination fee). Look up edmunds.com and kbb.com. You will get a number on what others are paying. Also, if you tell your dealer you are shopping other dealers who are willing to give you 1000 over invoice, you will probably get it from your local dealer.
  • I think the best way to kno what color combos are available is to go to the Acura website and "build your own." Once you choose an exterior color, it'll tell you what interior colors are available.
  • jpennjpenn Posts: 68
    Just took a look at the Honda Sports 4 from the Tokyo Auto Show. Does anyone agree with me that this will most likely be the next generation TL for the US market? My understanding is the TL will receive a makeover for the 2007 model year. The Sports 4 seems to fit into those plans. What do you think?
  • delmar1delmar1 Posts: 744
    I would guess the Sports4 would be the next generation TSX...say a 2008 TSX that will go head to head with the Lexus IS.
    32,999 inovice for 06 AT w/Nav, 30,999 w/o Nav
  • Hello,
    My dealer tells me that invoice on a 2006TL w/Navi is $32820 which includes the $615 destination charge. This is in at a dealer in Oregon.
    Has anyone seen the new royal blue pearl?
  • Which dealer in Oregon is giving you that price? I would like to contact them. I like that price!
  • greensuspender
    I am buying from Butler Acura of Ashland, Oregon. I don't know if they will extend that price to everyone. I was told the reason they are giving me that price is because they could not find an '05 that they would be able to sell at $500 over invoice. They knew I was looking from No. Calif to Portland Or. and would probably find another car to buy , as I already had quotes from a couple of dealers. I guess they decided they might as well sell the car that they will have to service. And I'm happy about getting an '06 in a color combo I like at a good price.
    Well I'm not so sure about color combos...
    The red/parch will be in soon...but I still wonder about the royal blue pearl.
    Has anyone seen the blue??? I've been to the Honda dealership but they said they won't have any of the royal blue Hondas until December.
    What should I do :confuse: Honda makes great cars, but so-so colors.IMHO :cry:
  • I guess they decided they might as well sell the car that they will have to service.

Huh??? :confuse: I don't think so. There is no car that they must service. Rereading your post, do you meant that's the dealership you're gonna use for service and they figure they may as well sell you the car that you'll take to their shop?

I guess it's feasable that a dealer could drop the costs if he knew he could make it up in service fees, but I doubt it.
  • wymanwyman Posts: 13
    Thanks Stickyman. It worked!
    Now I'll know how to program my next purchase, an 06 TL nav. :)
  • tlgaltlgal Posts: 22
    I'm still doing research on my TL purchase for next month...

I plan on buying the Acura extended warranty. I've noticed some of the Acura dealerships sell the warranty online. Some of these online (Acura) dealers policies go up to 8 yrs, others go up 7 years. Does anyone know if all Acura dealerships have access to the 8 yr plan? :confuse:
    I've never bought an extended warranty before, but then again I've never bought a car with this much electronic sophistication. I've read that it's best to buy the manufacturer's warranty, rather than an independent agency, as you never know if the independent agency will be around in a few years. That's why I've decided to go with Acura's plan.
    Any input or experiences to share would be appreciated.
  • Have you tried Acura Of Portland or Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland? It seems like they have the biggest volume sales.
    You are probably better off investing your money than buying an extended warranty.

Of course it is debatable...but the standard warranty is 4 yr warranty overall warranty...and I believe the drivetrain is 7 years. So if you purchase 8 years extended...you are picking up an additional 4 years coverage.

Without certainity....most bugs would occur within the first few years. Also throw in the factor that you will may be selling your car within the extended warranty period.
  • bplayerbplayer Posts: 56
    I gave this a lot of thought and research and decided to purchase an extended warranty on my new 06 TL from 1Source. I plan to keep the car for 7 years or more, so was looking for protection for when the normal Acura warranty run out. It can be transferred or cancelled (residual value may be quite small though).

Looking back over the last 7 years withh my almost trouble free 99 TL, I spent more than the cost of the extended warranty. These included:
    - damaged rim and tire
    - dings and dents (covered under paintless dent removal)
    - mechanical and sensor failures

The new TL should be more reliable, but it is also more complex leading to possibly greater risk of something failing. I consider the extended warranty to be insurance as one major failure like engine, transmission, or navigation could easily exceed the cost of the warranty.
    I don't believe the Acura extended warranty covered dings, dents...or damaged rims and tires. How much was the cost from 1Source?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,629
    I wouldn't buy extended warranty. Invest the $ you would have paid. If you need an out of warranty rerpair, you still have your inivested money. If you don't need any repairs, you still have your money!

But, if you can't sleep at night without the warranty, buy it. But I'd self-insure.

Is 1Source reputable? Will they be around in 5 years?

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

This discussion has been closed.