Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL 2006+

Comments

• I agreed on $1,200.00 over invoice, pretty sure I could have done better but I've dealt with the same sales manager on two other cars in the past and just kept it simple. It went like this: What price are we talking about? He replied 1500 over invoice, I said 1000, he said 1200. Fine done in 2 minutes, I know I may be a sucker to bite that easy but I'm so satisfied with the dealership (Fresno Acura, Fresno, CA). Such a change from the incompetent arrogant ___ _____ at Weber BMW here in Fresno!
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,487
    You are not a sucker. If you got the car you want at a price you are comfortable paying, you've won. Especially if you now have a dealer that treats you right!

Enjoy the TL!

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    But what did he say the invoice was? Sometimes dealers pump up what they claim is invoice. I would want a dollar amount, not X over invoice. At the closing, one could get a bit of a shock.
  • We plan to buy a TL this week (or next week). $33K is our limit for the 06 TL 5AT/Navi. If we don't get that, we'll wait until all of the 2005 models are sold. Maybe a month from now. I don't want my dealer to think of me when he/she is in Hawaii this winter. :shades:

Before you ask, we're interested in the TPMS so we'll pass on an 05 TL.
  • If you can get it, take it. 33K for '06 TL Nav is only a few hundred over invoice.
    You'd probably start a stampede to any dealer offering this kind of deal.
  • Why would the '06 prices drop after the '05s are sold? :confuse: (I'm not arguing, I just don't understand the economics of that)
    Popular cars usually sell for sticker (or near it) when they're first introduced, early in the model year. Then, as time passes, winter sets in, car sales decline, and the discounts begin. Granted, the '06 isn't a "new" model, but I think in general prices decline in each model year as time passes, falling to a low before the introduction of the next model year.
  • sriggs1sriggs1 Posts: 17
    That's invoice, isn't it? Surely, you will have to pay something OVER invoice.
  • I understand that prices drop as time passes, but the prior poster didn't mention waiting until February when sales are lower. He said he'd wait until the '05s are gone. Other than that being a way to measure time, I don't see how the disappearance of '05s will reduce the prices of '06s on that basis alone.

Maybe he meant "wait for a rainy day towards the end of February," but decided to phrase it in terms of the '05s disappearance b/c that's when he thinks they'll be sold off, but. . .
    My mistake, invoice is not 33k, it is 32,999 for an 06, ATw/Nav
  • bklynguybklynguy Posts: 275
    33K sounds optimistic right now, but who knows in 1-2 months. It helps to live in a competitive market. For example, in the New York Metro area, there are at least 15 Acura dealers (more if you include South Jersey & upstate NY). It only takes one dealer to "break". Maybe we'll get a 33K post by Thanksgiving. :)
    Apparently auto sales have fallen off a cliff since Oct. 1. GS and Ford are down unbelievably from Oct. '04 (50% or more), but even Toyota and Honda are down a lot, too. Might be a good time to get a good price. Don't know how that might affect the TL specifically, however.
  • My 06 Silver TL arrived today,and I will be picking it up Friday. I found it was a good time to deal, only dealer in town and managed to get $2000 off MSRP.
  • The Acura dealership in Spokane has a 2005 in their show room with red exterior and ebony interior. The dealer told me 2 weeks ago that this combo was not available on the 2006. Sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
  • the best you will probably do is between 33800 and 34100. Usually dealers will not go less than 1000 over invoice. Invoice on the 2006 is 225.00 more than the invoice on the 2005 models. That puts you around 32850 if my memory is correct (including 615.00 destination fee). Look up edmunds.com and kbb.com. You will get a number on what others are paying. Also, if you tell your dealer you are shopping other dealers who are willing to give you 1000 over invoice, you will probably get it from your local dealer.
  • I think the best way to kno what color combos are available is to go to the Acura website and "build your own." Once you choose an exterior color, it'll tell you what interior colors are available.
  • jpennjpenn Posts: 68
    Just took a look at the Honda Sports 4 from the Tokyo Auto Show. Does anyone agree with me that this will most likely be the next generation TL for the US market? My understanding is the TL will receive a makeover for the 2007 model year. The Sports 4 seems to fit into those plans. What do you think?
  • delmar1delmar1 Posts: 744
    I would guess the Sports4 would be the next generation TSX...say a 2008 TSX that will go head to head with the Lexus IS.
    32,999 inovice for 06 AT w/Nav, 30,999 w/o Nav
  • Hello,
    My dealer tells me that invoice on a 2006TL w/Navi is $32820 which includes the $615 destination charge. This is in at a dealer in Oregon.
    Has anyone seen the new royal blue pearl?
This discussion has been closed.