Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL 2006+

Comments

• Which dealer in Oregon is giving you that price? I would like to contact them. I like that price!
  • greensuspender
    I am buying from Butler Acura of Ashland, Oregon. I don't know if they will extend that price to everyone. I was told the reason they are giving me that price is because they could not find an '05 that they would be able to sell at $500 over invoice. They knew I was looking from No. Calif to Portland Or. and would probably find another car to buy , as I already had quotes from a couple of dealers. I guess they decided they might as well sell the car that they will have to service. And I'm happy about getting an '06 in a color combo I like at a good price.
    Well I'm not so sure about color combos...
    The red/parch will be in soon...but I still wonder about the royal blue pearl.
    Has anyone seen the blue??? I've been to the Honda dealership but they said they won't have any of the royal blue Hondas until December.
    What should I do :confuse: Honda makes great cars, but so-so colors.IMHO :cry:
  • I guess they decided they might as well sell the car that they will have to service.

Huh??? :confuse: I don't think so. There is no car that they must service. Rereading your post, do you meant that's the dealership you're gonna use for service and they figure they may as well sell you the car that you'll take to their shop?

I guess it's feasable that a dealer could drop the costs if he knew he could make it up in service fees, but I doubt it.
  • wymanwyman Posts: 13
    Thanks Stickyman. It worked!
    Now I'll know how to program my next purchase, an 06 TL nav. :)
  • tlgaltlgal Posts: 22
    I'm still doing research on my TL purchase for next month...

I plan on buying the Acura extended warranty. I've noticed some of the Acura dealerships sell the warranty online. Some of these online (Acura) dealers policies go up to 8 yrs, others go up 7 years. Does anyone know if all Acura dealerships have access to the 8 yr plan? :confuse:
    I've never bought an extended warranty before, but then again I've never bought a car with this much electronic sophistication. I've read that it's best to buy the manufacturer's warranty, rather than an independent agency, as you never know if the independent agency will be around in a few years. That's why I've decided to go with Acura's plan.
    Any input or experiences to share would be appreciated.
  • Have you tried Acura Of Portland or Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland? It seems like they have the biggest volume sales.
  • delmar1delmar1 Posts: 744
    You are probably better off investing your money than buying an extended warranty.

Of course it is debatable...but the standard warranty is 4 yr warranty overall warranty...and I believe the drivetrain is 7 years. So if you purchase 8 years extended...you are picking up an additional 4 years coverage.

Without certainity....most bugs would occur within the first few years. Also throw in the factor that you will may be selling your car within the extended warranty period.
  • bplayerbplayer Posts: 56
    I gave this a lot of thought and research and decided to purchase an extended warranty on my new 06 TL from 1Source. I plan to keep the car for 7 years or more, so was looking for protection for when the normal Acura warranty run out. It can be transferred or cancelled (residual value may be quite small though).

Looking back over the last 7 years withh my almost trouble free 99 TL, I spent more than the cost of the extended warranty. These included:
    - damaged rim and tire
    - dings and dents (covered under paintless dent removal)
    - mechanical and sensor failures

The new TL should be more reliable, but it is also more complex leading to possibly greater risk of something failing. I consider the extended warranty to be insurance as one major failure like engine, transmission, or navigation could easily exceed the cost of the warranty.
    I don't believe the Acura extended warranty covered dings, dents...or damaged rims and tires. How much was the cost from 1Source?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,496
    I wouldn't buy extended warranty. Invest the $ you would have paid. If you need an out of warranty rerpair, you still have your inivested money. If you don't need any repairs, you still have your money!

But, if you can't sleep at night without the warranty, buy it. But I'd self-insure.

Is 1Source reputable? Will they be around in 5 years?

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• boikoboiko Posts: 82
    For what it's worth...for many people it might be cost effective to join BJ's to get the discount on the 06 TL's - Invoice + $500. This has been the deal on 05's and I'm sure will be on the 06 model once all the 05's have been sold..

While you might be able to get this deal on your own...this would make it alot easier. Just a thought..
    My past experience is that I have been able to get a better deal myself than with purchasing aggregates like BJ Wholesale, Costco, etc. All the work I did was fill out a emails and done. Of course....cost aggregators may make it easier in some cases.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Yup, I agree. I bought on extended warranty only once --- on an '01 CL-S. But never would do so again. For one thing, I very rarely keep a car longer than 4 years. And secondly, I learned that on a trade-in, an extended warranty nets you no additional credit. :cry: They would say "Yeah, it's nice to have one, but most used car buyers won't pay any more $$ for it" Hmm.... kinda opposite to what they said when they sold it to me! :mad:
  • bplayerbplayer Posts: 56
    You are correct that the Acura extended warranty does not cover dings & dents (paintless dent removal) and windshield replacement, but 1Source does. Acura does cover damaged tires but not rims. These were some of the deciding factors.

Will 1Source be around in 5 or 7 years? It is a risk, but that is life. Will the car be free from a major defect for 5 to 7 years. I hope so.

Cost of the Titanium package with $0 deductable (including emission systems) for 84,000 miles was U$1095. Emission system coverage ($195 value) was thrown in as the quote was requested through the CarBuyingTips site.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,496
    But what is not a risk is if you keep your $1095 invested conservatively (FDIC insured CD, Treasuries etc.) for the duration of the origianal warranty. In four years you will have ~$1280+ to use as needed/desired. But again, if it helps you sleep at night, nothing wrong with that.

Just be sure to really closely read the contract, what is/is not covered and any exceptions. Good luck.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• sumintsumint Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen & used the new Back-Up Sensors on the 2006 TL?

The Acura Website gives this description:
    * Back-Up Sensors help alert the driver to obstacles behind the vehicles when backing up
    * Four color-matched sensors are installed on the rear of the vehicle, and the system beeps with increased frequency as the vehicle nears an object

But I was wondering if it is like other Mfgs where if you have the navigtaion it also gives you graphic (not actual video) of how close each quadrant of the rear end is getting to an object. Plus in other Mfgs the audible beep from the four rear bumper quadrants will also come from the respective location inside the autos speaker layout. Anyone have any knowledge of this system?
  • j47j47 Posts: 4
    did not know that the naviagtor would show quadrants of rear end within close range of parked vehicle. Is this definitely the case?
  • j47j47 Posts: 4
    I looked in the Edmunds website and read the reviews. The majority of them complained of very distrubing rattles under the hood. No one seemed to address this issue on t his forum. Has anyone else experienced this? I am ready to go in and buy an 06TL.
  • tlgaltlgal Posts: 22
    Where did you get your numbers? I've searched high and low and haven't seen anything published... :confuse: ">
  • We've moved this discussion to its permanent home on the Sedans board, where Pat will be your new host. Thanks for the great conversation!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

This discussion has been closed.