Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bill124bill124 Posts: 242
    I entered into lease for 2008 CLK on april 2 for CLK Cabriolet. Do you think it makes sense to go for 2009 at this point? I guess it depends on factors, etc.
  • Great info! What is the residual value on the coupe?
    Thanks.
  • Can't recall if it's 44% or 46%.
  • When you get a chance could you please post which it is: 44 or 46?
    I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow and would love to be armed with accurate info.
    Thanks!
  • How can I get the same deal "James" received......Can u please arm me with the necesssary knowledge as I felt like "Prey" when entering the delearship today......this is the information which I seen posted on this site....MSRP $52,950, Cap $39,550.82, Drive Off $901, Monthly $500 tax included, 36 month, 12k. Will greatly appreciate any help.
  • Hi,

Any of you guys in So. Cal? The deal I got was from a local dealer. Not many dealers will offer this deal because they are basically loosing $3k on this deal. The sales even showed me the info.

Two dealers told me this deal is impossible, but I got it!

Residual is 44%.
    Location, location, location. Just like real estate, location is everything when car shopping. I had to go off Long Island to get a better deal a year ago. It's like you said, not many dealers will even offer that deal and then try to switch pricing at signing, let only actually do it.
  • There is one MB dealership in my state so I won't be playing one off the other.
    They are showing a $399 36 month lease on their website but they want over $8k out of pocket to achieve it. That is out of the question.
    I have no idea how willing they will be to deal, but I am hoping that since I read CLK's replacement will be in showrooms by the end of May there will be some play in their pricing.
    If I learn anything from my dealership visit today I'll post it here.
    And btw thanks for posting the residual value (44%)!
  • If that's the case, you are probably better off getting their national deal on the CLK350 which is $359/mon with $5,104 drive-off for 48 months. You should be able to get at least 10,000 off of MSRP, given there is a $7,500 mfg to dealer incentive.

Good luck!
  • Well the trip to the dealership was fruitless.
    They had 3 CLK 350s. Two Iridium Silver w/blk interior and one Black with Black interior. All optioned differently.
    I drove the most loaded silver: P1, Navi, Bluetooth, App Package, Ventilated Seats, Keyless-MSRP $58920.
    Their offer to me was full MSRP with only the $7500 lease cash off the price and (this was the kicker for me) a money factor of .00058. Residual was 44%.
    I was told with a perfectly straight face that the interest rates (and money factors) I see on the internet are the rates to the DEALERSHIP not to the public! LOL. They "mark up the interest rates and resell them."
    When I pointed out the lease deal on the MBUSA website for $359 a month shows that the "public" can get that money factor the only response I got was "That is for the base model that we don't sell".
    Whatever.
    I told them even if I could swallow their inflated interest rate, I would at least expect them to knock something off the MSRP.
    Not heartbroken....just would have been a great deal if they honored it!
    Best of luck to everyone else out there.
    Please share with us the name and location of the dealership(s).
  • Mercedes Benz of Honolulu.
    aka The Only Game in Town ;)
    Makes sense. Thanks again. It at least confirms the 7,000
  • alh5alh5 Posts: 3
    I know how you feel. I called dealer in so. florida and they told me some crazy numbers like 5500 down and no rebate... the process is no fun. Thanks for letting me know what you find out. I have the exact question.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on getting your new CLK, fourizonly007. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like you can tell others about your recent dealer experience as well by hopping on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Enjoy your new ride, I know that I would :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Thanks theloungeboy. Mercedes-Benz Finance's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CLK350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year is 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jj0621jj0621 Posts: 4
    Hi,

Can you share which socal dealer it is?

Thank you so much....
  • Hi,

It's Penske MB of West Covina. Email me if you need more info.
  • woozerwoozer Posts: 9
    This forum was very helpful so I thought I'd provide the information on my deal. Just leased a 2009 CLK350 last Sunday from a So. CA. dealer on the following terms:

Iridum Silver, Prem. Pack. 1, Bluetooth, Wood Steering Wheel, Appearance Pack.
    Terms: 36 months, 15K/yr, RV 44%, MF .00008
    MSRP: $54,740
    Cap Cost: $42,347.47
    Out of Pocket: $951.74
    Monthly Pay: $559.99 (includes CA tax)($512.58 w/o CA tax)

I think it's a good deal.
  • jj0621jj0621 Posts: 4
    Hi Woozer,

Do you need to paid aquisition cost in the out of pocket? Or is that cost also waived?

Insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks