Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just bought a used 2003 CLK500 with date of first registration 02/04 (23K mileage)which means that warranty and scheduled maintenance of another 28 months is included. Xenon, heated seats, but no keyless go or navigation. Price was 36,900.
    I am wondering if anyone else who drives a the clk500 is also experiencing a slight pull or lack of directional stability. I suspexct that the 225/45 and 245/40 factory installed tires have something to do with it - depending on the depth of the bumps or potholes, one definetely feels the pull in the steering wheel. Just curious if anyone has a view on this - may be re-alignment or rotating tires.
  • Hi, I am looking for a few good online stores for accessories. Can anyone recommend? Thank you!

dpc
  • You may want to verify air pressure in your tires. If one of the front tires is low, it may cause the slight pull you refer to.
  • Every time I put my CLK in park the engine starts to rev. Does anyone recognise this problem? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,473
    I know your car isn't a C-class.. but, since it shares many of the same mechanicals, you might have a better chance of getting an answer here:

Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• rdubsrdubs Posts: 11
    Hi everyone,

Anyone know for sure if Mercedes dealers get holdbacks on all models they sell, or is it just selected ones (similar to rebates)?

I recently negotiated the price on a CLK350. The research I did showed Mercedes gets a 3% holdback on all its models, and there are factory->dealer rebates on models on some models in addition (none for the CLK). Anyway, when I was talking to the guy I indirectly referred to the dealership's cost being lower than invoice (i.e., holdback) but he seemed to indicate no further cost reductions below invoice applied. Anyway I took his word for it and after we agreed on a price (based on no holdback) I regretted it.

If there isn't a holdback on some models, I think I did well, but it looks like the holdback is irrespective of the model. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.
  • dlukdluk Posts: 2
    I just took delivery of a 2004 Black Opal CLK500 two weeks ago. 22k miles, great condition, paid $38k. I think I got a great deal on the price and the car is just intoxicating to drive!

It is an absolute rocketship on the highway, and quite capable in the twists. It was also a delight on the highway for my long Xmas drive to my parents house.

My only complaints are a bunch of niggling issues in the interior (it's no japanese car when it comes to little things going wrong) - i.e. the cupholder doesn't slide out, the glovebox doesn't close without a firm and inelegant smack, the passenger vanity mirror light doesnt' work, etc. :shades:

A couple of bigger issues that I'd welcome people's opinions on: (1) the engine makes a weird noise at idle, which I've read is normal for this car, and (2) the transmission seems to sometimes upshift way too early under part-throttle acceleration and/or coming out of a turn, to the point where it feels unnatural. This scares me a bit but also might be that I'm used to having full control of a manual. Hopefully the adaptive transmission will un-learn this behavior?
  • pkunkpkunk Posts: 1
    Select models are subject to holdback.

Hopefully your "research" tagged that holdback is per vehicle and by that I mean each individual one on the lot.

Its just the same if you shop the clearance clothing at Nordstroms; the nicer clothes in the sizes and colors have already sold and anything on the clearance rack is sold to prevent/minimize a loss for the company.

Its too bad that there are posts here asking "Did I get a good buy?" It just shows how insecure people are about their decisions. Do you really need the reassurance from total strangers to recognize if this vehicle is meeting your wants/needs?

Ideally, you should be purchasing both a vehicle and customer service. Your salesperson is part of your ownership experience. I gladly pay a little more to know I will be taken care of when something beyond my control arises with my automobile.
  • Hey,

I got my car today and agreed on a monthly payment of 599$ inc. taxes and w/o any other payments (0 Down Payment, inc. tax, license fees). This lease will cost me:
    (39*599) + Disposition fee.

It only has Premium Pack and the price is around 50K. The mileage is 15k/year and the term 39 months.

I hope this helps.
  • wantmbwantmb Posts: 15
    Carman,

Can you tell me what the lease program for an 06 CLK 350 is currently. What is the program (money factor & residual) for 39 mos 15k miles. I live in Maryland.
    I am responding to the following request because there has been no response.

Can you tell me what the lease program for an 06 CLK 350 is currently. What is the program (money factor & residual) for 39 mos 15k miles. I live in Maryland.
    CarMan or Kydfx are you available to answer the question above. thansk in advaance, I need help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,473
    I don't have access to the information that Car_man has..

But, my best information is that the '06 350CLK coupe, leased for 36mo/45K miles (don't have 39mo. numbers) has a residual of 57% and a base money factor of .0023

Hope this helps,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

CarMan,

Can you please provide the Feb CLK 350 lease residuals and money factors for 06 CLK 350 for 36 & 39 mos 15k miles. Also are there any dealer or customer cash incentives for Feb? Thanks for providing sucha valuable tool for everyone!
  • I was given a price for a 2006 CLK 350, Navigation System, IPOD, 6 Disc CD, MSRP Approx $52,000. $3,000 Cap Cost Reduction. $495 Per Month. Does that sound like a good deal?
  • Hi wantmb. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Coupe through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 36 or 39 months (the lease programs for both terms are exactly the same) with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be an attractive .00160 and 57%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,000 bonus that Mercedes is providing for deals through MBC into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • spencerkspencerk Posts: 1
    I have this car for 1 year and would not recommend it. First the car is a death trap in snow or icy conditions, simply does not handle well or easily gets stuck. The tires are not designed to last very long as they are racing tires with a 8 - 11K mileage use. You will be replacing them over and over during the life of the car like no other car you have ever own. I got that directly from the service manager of the Mercedes dealership. There is only one cup holder and it is inconvient for the driver, the radio has lots of static and just mediocre at best, and at least with my dealership in Huntington, Long Island, they never have the parts in stock when I have a problem. Going back to Lexus next time, far superior cars.
  • molearymoleary Posts: 9
    Car_Man,

Your posts have helped me buy several cars in the last 12 months! You are a real asset to this site! Hopefully you can help us get the best price on a new CLK350.

My wife would like a new CLK350 with the following options:

Comfort Package
    Lighting Package
    Premium Package
    Sirius Radio (love that satellite!)
    Metallic Paint (Black Obsidian)
    Rear side airbags
    Lowered Sport Suspension
    Run-flat tire package

MSRP: $60,015* (as equipped above)
    Invoice $55,869* (as equipped above)

*Includes $775 destination fee.

We will lease the vehicle through Mercedes Benz Financial (formerly Mercedes Benz Credit), this will be the third consecutive lease though them. We have tier 1 credit so we should be able to get the best possible money factor. I have seen 1.9% advertised on 36 month financing, does this apply to leases or should we figure on the .0016 factor?

You listed the residual as being 57% w/ 15,000 miles / year. Using the 15K miles per year year number of 57% (I assume of the MSRP) the vehicle's residual value after either 36 or 39 months would be $34208.55. My wife will never hit 15K miles a year what would the residual be with 12,000 miles / year.

Do you know of any dealer holdbacks or other incentives on these vehicles right now? I believe I saw a $2000 rebate listed somewhere in this forum, if you go through Mercedes Benz Financial.

What else should we be considering on this vehicle lease? I plan on sending our local dealer an offer using the spreadsheet available at Carbuyingtips.com. I want to make sure I don't leave something out that makes me look like a nit-wit.

Thanks in advance Car_Man! I suspect a lot of folks in here owe you some really nice dinners!
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Posts: 871
    From what I understand, money factor is .00300 on cabs, and .00145 on coupes. $2000 Bonus cash is also for coupe only, not cabriolet. MB dealers do get holdback, but don't hold your breath waiting for them to pass that on to you. Generally, Cabriolets sell out every spring, so they don't get discounted too much in many parts of the country. Don't know about residual, maybe 1 or 2% different for 12000 miles??? Maybe someone else knows for sure?
  • I don't understand what are complaining about. Racing tires are soft and don't last long. Racing tires were not made for the snow. One cup holder, its a small car, not meant for all your beer buddies. Not having parts, get in line, there are other people who have problems too. Drive a Lexus, not as safe as a Mercedes. Next time do your research. If you did, you wouldn't be complaining. Mercedes doesn't rank #28 on JD Powers for nothing.
  • ajb723ajb723 Posts: 48
    I, too have had a CLK320 for about a year. Previously had a BMW 330i. Agree with your comments re:icy conditions. When there is the odor of snow I just leave the car home and use my wife's SUV. I've heard of tire problems from other owners, but that has not been my experience. The cup holder is a non-issue for me. The interior is plush and functional. I love the navigation system, which was an afterthought when I got the car, but now it is indispensible. I've had a couple of minor electrical glitches which were promptly fixed with readily available parts. The car handles reasonably well and is fun to drive, but I acknowledge it is not a true sports car drive like the BMW.
  • janis6janis6 Posts: 1
    I hope you can help me , I am looking at a 2002 CLK320, perfect condition, got car fax on it, clean no issues. The dealship wanted 23,900, we are now at 21,900, it has 42,000 miles I have to purchase an extended warranty for it, Cost $1800.00. I took a test drive and noticed it does not have a CD player or Tape player. How do I find out how much one will cost so I can negotiate the $$ more.I really cannot spend more than 23,000 for a used vehicle at this time. I did not think that a CD & tape player was an option. Also what is your thought of buying a vehicle out of state?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'm glad that you have found my posts so helpful, moleary. Thanks for the kind words :blush: . Mercedes-Benz Financial's current 36 or 39 month buy rate lease money factor for a lease of a 2006 CLK350 Coupe is an attractive .00145. Its has much less support on the Convertible models through. The corresponding 15,000 mile per year residual value for this car is 56%. Its 12,000 miles per year residual value would be 2% higher. Mercedes is providing a $2,000 cash incentive on CLK350 Coupes that are leased or financed through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now. Make sure to take this cash into account when making your offer on this car.

That should answer all of the questions that you asked, but if you think of anything else let me know.

Car_man
    Host
  • addiaddi Posts: 33
    CAR_MAN, Under post #15 you indicated the M/F to be .00145.
    I went back and looked under Edmunds' incentives for the CLK-350 and found a 1.9 (.0007916) rate.

Using the .0007916 in a basic lease trial run, I could save
    about $47.00 a month on this car.

My question: Would MBFS use the .0007916 term instead of the .00145 term. Thanks for putting me square with this interest question.

Addi.
  • jonsigjonsig Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how I can search new car inventory of dealerships throughout the states? I'm working with a dealership that says that they have found 3 cars west of the Mississippi that have the options I'm looking for. The fees are pretty high to get the car shipped to the dealership and I'd like to enquire about buying the car directly then either driving back myself or having it shiped but I have no idea how to find the cars. Thoughts?
  • caclk500caclk500 Posts: 1
    saw you post, just curious how long it took to finally get yours. I'm planning to order one, just wondered if the dealer had a formal order form document when you placed your order. I've been given a build spec document with hand written details about the quoted price. just wondering if this is normal.

thanks in advance for your response
  • changedchanged Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what the customs policy is for shipping a car back to the States? I just bought a CLK350 in Germany and will be moving to MD in the summer but I wasn't sure of what taxes to expect when the car is imported back. A web site would help as well.
  • molearymoleary Posts: 9
    Car_Man,

Thanks again for the help. Thought you might be interested to know that based on your feedback and my research we opted to extend my wife's current SLK lease for 6 months. Her lease will now expire in December of 06, hopefully that will put us in a better negotiating position.

Thanks again,

Michael
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Addi. Mercedes-Benz has a special financing program on this car that provides 1.9% for up to 3 years, 3.9% for 4 years, and 4.9% for 5 years. Unfortunately these rates can only be used on conventional finance contracts. Mercedes-Benz Finance has a completely different set of rates for leases of this car. For April, its buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 CLK350 Coupe is still .00145. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.48%. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Mercedes is providing a $2,000 bonus on leases of this car through Mercedes-Benz Finance this month. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • addiaddi Posts: 33
    Many thanks for your clear explanations pertaining to the interests rates concerning leasing vs. purchase.

I have been keeping under the bookmark click a small but very usefull set of info from you so that when I get ready to enter my next lease my knowledge for negotiation time will be set.

I presently lease a 2004 525i BMW. The one area I needed the most help was knowledge about the MF/buy rate. You have very nicely put me square on this very important area. Many Thanks. Addi.
This discussion has been closed.