Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nkf2008 -

Based on the currently advertised lease special... this sounds like a GREAT deal. I only hope that I can do just as well. The current lease special is for 499 a month with 4k drive off. I like where you ended up and I wish I could get the same deal here in California.

I am trying to decide between the CLK and E-Class and I am making my decision 100% based upon getting a great deal. :/ Not the smartest way to go... but its me.

Did you notice that the advertised lease in NY was similar to the 4k down they are advertising here in LA?
  • hey spybond;

i didnt go through a dealership, I went through a leasing agent, that may be the key to getting this deal.
    I know on the east coast they have a fleet rebate for the dealers, thats why you will see great rates on the MB cars here in Ny/Nj areas.
    Ask your dealer or whoever you are in business with if he is getting a rebate on the car, and if they do fleet rate leasing.
    I was offered E-Class fully loaded for 499 a month, with 2k out of pocket, but I went with a CLK, because I honestly like the coupe better than the E-Class, it wasnt a big money factor difference between the two.

If you cant get these deals in CA, I would suggest going for a Lexus GS, that was my other choice, but I couldnt wait until December to get that deal, knowing now that Lexus has a good promotion on them.

Good luck, let me know if you need some info. :)
  • ingberingber Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I was quoted a 2007 CLK 350 at $612 per month for a P1 package including navigation and 12,000 miles. Is this a good deal? I welcome your response.
  • wazabwazab Posts: 6
    Please advise!

Is this a really bad deal?
    36 month
    10K/ year
    $668/ month

money factor sales man said 0.0035 (isn't that reall high)
    MSRP $49,800

Need help to negotiate a better deal...Thanks
  • cluvnucluvnu Posts: 5
    I am in the market to lease a clk 350 coupe and would like to get the sport style wheels(double 5 spoke) or the larger tires with the ipod ability and the premium package...does anyone know what the money factor and the residual will be for this car and what i can expect to put down to get a payment at 500 with tax....any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • That rate is way too high on a 36 month lease. Here are MBC' current January lease rates on the CLK 350.

2008 Mercedes CLK350 Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00005 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00075 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00075 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00355 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00080 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00355 Base Rate

*Rates are based on 10k annual miles. Subtract 2% for 12k miles, subtract 3% for 15k miles.

As you can see, they are trying to charge you the 60 month rate as oppossed to the 36 month rate.
  • That rate is way too high on a 36 month lease. Here are MBC' current January lease rates on the CLK 350.

2008 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00080 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00355 Base Rate

*Rates are based on 10k annual miles. Subtract 2% for 12k miles, subtract 3% for 15k miles.

They are definitely marking the rate up on you. Renegotiate!
  • bill124bill124 Posts: 242
    I received a call from a dealer saying that MB USA will allow me to terminate early (within 3 months of termination date) without penalty if I go into another MB. This is not the environment they were in 3 years ago, last time I did this, when dealer said he'd take back car but I had to continue to make all payments !!!

I told them I'm not quite in the 3 months yet and even if I was, I am not looking to have them add payments into the lease. Dealer assured me this wasn't a gimmick and that MB would allow me out early. Anyone else hear this?
  • It's called a lease payment waiver, and if it is in effect, then they will essentially "eat" your remaining payments, so long as you enter another contract with MBC. Your current lease undoubtedly would need to be through MBC, though.

Call Mercedes- Benz of North America to confirm:

1-800-367-6372
  • I posted this in the prices paid and buying forum, but I'll repost it here for you:

As you can see, MBC has excellent lease programs on this vehicle right now. As for the payment you're looking for, I would need to know the MSRP of the exact vehicle you're looking for, then I could give you a more accurate quote.

I will say, I do not recommend making a cap cost reduction (down payment) on a lease. I'll give Car_Man credit here as he's said it numerous times that you risk losing that money in the instance that your vehicle is totaled or stolen. You should only pay drive offs... 1st mo, registration, acquisition fee, security deposit (if applicable).

* Above rates are based on 10k annual miles. Subtract 2% for 12k miles, subtract 3% for 15k miles.

**May vary by region.
  • I.M.H.O. (airplane speak for "In My Humble Opinion") you did just fine. I'm not a "car-guy" since my one indulgence happens to be airplanes--private air travel is my first-choice form of transportation and I've had a plane since I was 26...and thats alot of years!

Yesterday (2-8-08) I leased for 27 months but only 10k miles/year the exact same car--or nearly so-- '08 350CLK convert. (I estimate the car will have not more than 12,000 miles on it when I turn in back in 27months)

options are:

Extra cost paint
    Premium I
    NAV
    Heated Seats
    ipod
    IRG participation@ $600 -whatever that is

MSRP on this car is $61,320. the "capitalized cost" was $ 58,480

My sales tax is only 3.4% -- with $1k down (including the 1st pymnt) my monthly cost is $702.61.

The important thing to remember when leasing is that whatever you put "down" over and above the first payment will be lost if you have a car stolen -or- written off by your insurance company.
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    $629 a month for 27 months for a '08 clk350 cabriolet, 10k mi per year.No down pay ment, drive off costs include first month's payment and tax. MF is .0008 and residual is 65%. MSRP is 60105 and selling price is 54411. What do you think?
    Hi,

I am also on long island. What dealer is that and do they have inventory? I am going to be giving up my lease on 05 cabriolet in July but for a good deal would go sooner. I can't speak to MF and residual but monthly is good. Note that I still think quality sucks and hate that MB doesn't cover routine maintenance when everyone else in that space does.

Bill
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    MB doesn't cover routine maintenance when everyone else in that space does

Only BMW still covers routine maintenance for free. Audi discontinued it and most others never did.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    I think Audi still covers the first year...

And.. you can extend it to 4/50 for a list price of $595..

But, other than that... BMW is it...

A lot of buyers think that it's no big deal.... until they come home with a $150 bill for their first oil change.. :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

What do you guys think of the price and leasing cost for that car? I found my sheet from 2005 and my cap cost three years ago for the 320 was like 56.9K leaving me with payments of I think 749 for 39 months. His cap cost with nothing down is less. Seems to my I got a bad deal, he has a good one, or some combination. Let me know. My lease is up in July. Also, what do you guys think about availability in June? Does the weather increase demand / am I better off looking now?

Also, for the guy with the earlier post with the pricing, let me know what dealer,even if not on long island.
  • Hi everyone,

I just got my 2008 CLK350 and I thought I had a really good deal, but after reading many posts. I am not sure. Can anyone help me to figure out if my deal was good or bad?

Monthly Payment: 570.90 + 47.10 Tax in LA = 618

Term is for 12k a year for 27 months.

Gross Capitalized Cost: 48,872.90 + 795 (Acquisition Fee) = 496667.90
    Down Payment: 5,286.00 (Includes below items)
    -618 (First Month Payment)
    -3917.36 (Capitalized Cost Reduction)
    -323.18 (Sales/Use Tax)
    -370.00 (Registration)
    -45.00 (Document Fee)
    -8.75 (DMV Filing Fee)
    -3.71 (Sales tax on Document Tax)

My car has P1, Nav, and Ipod with diamond silver exterior.

I don't know what my money factor is. Could anyone help me to figure out? This is my first time leasing a vehicle and I am really concerned with the deal I got because I did not negotiate any on the price.

Thank you!!!
    What was the sticker price on the car? I am trying to figure out what they took off. From the guy above that was looking at the cabriolet that hasn't replied, it looked like he got off about $5,600.
    I emailed the data from the 629/month posting by crestonave to my dealer. He said he would meet. He said he can't get to exactly the MSRP posted by crestonave of 60105 and selling price is 54411. Crestonave, any way for you to detail how you got to that?

Dealer also said that even with that pricing, they will still let me out of lease three months early just to take new car now. Said pricing not different for 36 months but said redesign likely either 09 or 10.
  • With P1, Nav, iPod, Sirius, Sports Apperance. MSRP is 53.5k. 27mo lease. Drive off is $2000, monthly is $560+tx. I thought it's a fairly good deal. The Gross Cap. Cost is set at $47051.26. What do you think?