Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus SC 430 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jlettie2jlettie2 Posts: 14
    I was interested in 2005 430. The car had low milage. The dealer wanted $48,900 for the vehicle. I asked the dealer to drop the certified warranty price. We can start talking at $46,000. The dealer stated you must buy the car with the certified warranty. I asked why? The vehicle still has over 2 years of the factory warranty and vehicle only has 7,000 miles. I stated nobody can force a customer to buy a warranty if they do not want it. I really believe that these vehicles are not inspected as they claim. I know a neighbor who purchased a 430, the breaks were sweaking. H e put it on a lift there was less than a 1/16 remaining on all the pads. I would say buyer beware on the certified warranties. You are paying for the original warranty.
  • manlymanly Posts: 14
    I live in Los Angeles area and plan to purchase the 2007 SC430 (Pebble Beach edition) in the next couple weeks. I am a lousy negotiator. Would anyone share your purchase price, experience and recommend a Lexus dealer where you have purchased? I plan to offer 2% over invoice price. Would that work ???

Thanks for sharing.
  • jlettie2jlettie2 Posts: 14
    The Sc430's are not selling that well due the price of gas and customers hate the runflats. We have one dealer who has 15 in stock and has only sold 1 SC430 since March.
  • gordogordo Posts: 6
    I'm looking to buy a 1992 SC400 from a private seller. The vehicle is good to excellent condition with 112,000 miles. Normal wear of leather seat on driver's side. Owner said it was rear ended a few years ago, but was completely restored. Looks great with a very nice exterior/interior. Options include the moonroof, rear spoiler, 12 disc CD changer with premium sound system. Asking price is $7895. When I compute the price on Edmunds TMV, I get $4372 Private Party and $5891 Retail (including regional and mileage adjustment). KBB has it listed as $6195 "Good" and $6755 "Excellent." Question to you all is why the big difference in TMV vs. KBB? And what do you think would be a fair market price for this vehicle? I think the owner has it priced too high. Wanted your input before I make an offer. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    Hi, gordo..

We have a couple of discussions where you might have a better chance of getting an answer from a professional.

Real-World Trade-In Values

What's my classic worth?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• den6den6 Posts: 1
    The dealers in my area only have one if you are lucky. Do they have the pebble beach model every year? How can I find what I want?? Frustrated...
  • rlejr66rlejr66 Posts: 44
    Hello members. I picked up a pre-owned 2006 SC430 in Smokey Granite Mica on Friday. Will be the Mrs. ride (although she has let me drive some) ;) . Replaced a 2005 GX470. She is extremely happy. Not even sure she is aware of the harsh ride she gets with the run-flats. I'll have to keep everyone posted.
  • Car man! What does .00255 mean? I understand the 52%. If car's price is 65,000, how do they figure the lease payment? This leasing is all new to me. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hey bslusher. The articles that kyfdx directed you should answer most of the questions that you have about leasing. .00255 is this car's money factor. Most banks use money factors instead of interest rates to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. You can convert money factors into approximate money factor equivalents to see how good they are by multiplying them by 2400. So, a money factor of .00255 would be equal to an interest rate of around 6.12%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • All cars will be less expensive later than they are now. In addition due to economy, dealers are dumping more expensive cars which will only drive prices down both now and later. Any dealer can only afford to keep so much inventory at time. Since they are not selling as many cars now, many of the extra cars are have to be moved through other means at a lesser price.
  • FYI. I just purchased in Sept. 09 a red 2005 SC430 with 11,500 miles for 33,900. My limited research seems to show low mileage 2004 SCs selling around 29K and 2005 selling in mid 30s. If dealing with a dealer, add on about 5K. Keep in mind on a trade, you normally only pay taxes on the difference of the trade $$$.

BB
  • rcraftrcraft Posts: 16
    Sticker was just over $70K and I paid $64K plus TTL. I'm guessing that I paid about $2K over invoice. Dealer really struggled to "hold gross", but the soft market was my friend. BTW, the '09 Pebble Beach is drop dead good looking - Mercury Metallic, Ecru Leather with black stitching and black hard seat backs and very dark (nearly black) bird's eye maple. The two tone interior is just beautiful. They have reduced the Pebble Beach run to just 300 in '09, so the dealer was using the scarcity ploy, but in the end my $64K was more scarce than his PB SC430. I love Capitalism. :D
  • paragon99paragon99 Posts: 1
    Just picked up my certified 2005 Black/Ecru with 37,000 miles from local Lexus dealer. Paid $37K - it's a beauty. Only complaint is "oily-looking" condition of center information display and similar condition on Navigation screen. Looks like a good cleaning would solve the problem but did not. Dealer could not improve appearance (said they tried). Any suggested remedies would be appreciated. :shades:
  • I just bought an 05 sc430 with 50K miles, deal of the century. Flew to vegas and drove it back to San Francisco, paid 23,888! I don't like the wheels. It has the run flat tire option. The ride seems a bit rough, compared to the way my 3 series sports package BMW hugs the road. I would also like to get chrome wheels...any ideas - where I could find good deals on OEM wheels? Thanks
  • I just bought a silver/saddle perfect condition with 62,000, all records, no issues 2002 SC430. Sweet ride. I am in north Texas near Dallas. One small problem - the radio door/cover will not come down. Any ideas on how to fix it?
  • It could be a mechanical or an electrical reason. The radio door could be mechanically stuck if something sticky got spilled on it, say a soda that could tip from the cupholder. If all the radio buttons and knobs turn without sticking and the ashtray opens easily that is probably not the cause.
    Either the button is not making a contact or the motor is out. Just to be sure - also check the fuses. There are at least three fuses listed in the manual for the audio system. To check the button you need to open the console starting at the seat warmer dials - directions are lengthy but available on the Internet.
  • chief1731chief1731 Posts: 1
    I am considering a 3 year lease on a 2007 SC 430 WITH 11,500 miles priced at 43,500. What should the payments be?
  • king11king11 Posts: 7
    I was told by my Lexus dealer that Lexus does not lease pre-owned Lexus cars. Is this true? I live in Ma.
  • asolare1asolare1 Posts: 31
    Do you know what the money factor and residuals are for 10,000 and for 12,000 miles and 36 months on a new 2010 SC430? Thanks.