Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler PT Cruiser

13»

Comments

• drejdrej Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2011
    Greetings, our 01 PT cruiser is runningextremely hot. This is odd as its is winter now (About 20 F here int he Cleveland Area) I have checked oil and coolant regularly. Recently the coolant has needed fill in the eservoir as it seems to always need some and the last fill it seemed empty but we've kept up on it. Is there some typical problem with these 2.4 L motors?
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    If you're adding coolant and the engine's temperature is rising; my first guess would be a blown head gasket. You need to get the car checked out immediately. You don't want coolant mixing with oil. As for the Chrysler 2.4L, it's been a fairly reliable engine. Good luck.
  • brenchenbrenchen Member Posts: 1
    My PT Cruiser's warning lights started blinking rapidly and my speedometer started going up and down. I rapidly lost speed from 40 to 0 and just managed to get off the road.

For anyone who is also experiencing this dangerous problem please go to http://www.safercar.gov/ to report it. Numerous people have already, but the more people who do the more likelihood that a recall will be put on the issue and we won't get the run around from Chrysler anymore. They will have to research the issue and fix this life threatening problem.