Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 400h - MPG-Real World Numbers

1121314151618»

Comments

• cvav1615cvav1615 Posts: 3
    Thanks Luke, I will try this. Just one question, how will I know the battery is full, in the green, if I do not have the Nav screen on to show me the Hybrid system? Thanks!
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    Maybe the oil company changed the gas composition to be less polluting. Ethanol will reduce mileage.
  • Cvav, You leave the screen on for this procedure so you see the Hybrid battery turn green....Good Luck!!....

Luke :shades:
  • ahaberahaber Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2008 RX 400 H . the millage is great in city 25 mpg.

The problem with consumption is how you drive , when I am driving is 25mpg when my son driving is 19 MPG
  • Dear Luke: Merry Xmas! My Rxh 400 2006, died on me yesterday with two messages Check VSC and Hybrid system. Would the above procedue help me so that I can get it to the mechanic? I was supposed to take into the shop last week but scheduling got the best of me, the maintenance required light went on and with the holdiays couldn't get there. My car and I have been through alot and its been serviced regularly "old blue" has been through many a bad snow storm and icy roads and has been pretty good on the mileage too.

Best,
    Alice And Happy New Year All!
  • About how long does it take to recharge the battery while doing the 40on/10off? Just bought a 2008 rx400h and the mileage is lousy and I've been really conservative in my driving.
  • clintonpclintonp Posts: 1
    If you live in a cold weather climate the gas companies change the make up of the gasoline to aid starting in cold weather. This gas reduces the mileage on most vehicles and especially on hybrids. September is the month when cold weather gas is introduced and ends in May. I had a Prius and I got 51 mpg I summer and it went down to 41 in winter.