Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 450h Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jh87jh87 Posts: 13
    MSRP $53985, invoice $ 48669, sold price $45669. Options are really not important. I always negotiate directly how much above or below invoice first. I did that with my 2010 Mercedes GL450 too, check my other posts. By the way, the dealer is longo Lexus in southern California. They have two more 2010 Rx450h left.
  • wow that's a great price! Is $45669 OTD including tax/license?
  • sbctsbct Posts: 1
    From CT drove to MA Herb Chambers. Got a good deal I think on 2010 RX450h with nav, comfort pkg, premium pkg, xenon lights with afs, cargo pkg, tow prep pkg and more...
    Got $9160 below sticker price. The drive was worth it I guess. $44500 + tax.
  • Hi folks -

We are torn between two cars - an Acura MDX with Tech and Nav or the RX450H. I am trying to see if we are at our best price or do I still have room get a better price. It's looking like we can get either vehicle for the same price - except the MDX will be a 2011 and the RX450H will be a 2010

We are looking at the RX450H with a 3 year, 35 month lease - 12k a year. Premium, Comfort, Navigation, parking assist.

The only money due at signing will be the 1st month's payment of $600. The monthly rate is $600 total - including taxes in Los Angeles.

Your thoughts? any more room to get a better deal?

Thanks for your help
  • Just thought I would post a number for those searching for a price on the RX 450h..I just purchased one in SoCal the last day of Nov....Had to wait until that day to get dealer to sell it to me at the price I wanted....I went to 5 other dealerships and ended up with this one.

2010 450H with Comfort and Premium packages, nav, and parking assist and chrome rims. Lease/Sell price was 43,500. Payment is $630 including tax, lic, and all fees...The only out of pocket was $300.00, for 3 years, 12k a year.

Hope it helps someone and I hope I did well
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    Any info on2011 leases?
  • dmbfloridadmbflorida Posts: 38
    I bought a 2008, new, hybrid Mazda Tribute fully loaded SUV for my grand-daughter. We have two Lexus 400h 2006 cars and I used to own a 2004 Prius. The hybrid Mazda is the same as the Escape hybrid but the interior in the Mazda is superior to the Escape and the Mariner. I bought the Mazda in California in a limited inventory program in 2008. I agree with some of the comments about the A/C and other functions in the Mazda Tribute (Escape)...it is a cheaper car than the Lexus but this price reflects some lower quality features.
    I dearly loved my Prius but changed to the Lexus 400h because the Lexus is significantly more comfortable, roomier, and safer. To me, it is worth the extra money.
  • djeungdjeung Posts: 1
    I'm considering a purchase of a 2006 rx400h with all the bells and whistles (nav, rear DVD, backup camera, etc...) it has 83,000 miles and the dealer is asking $22,000 for it.

Since I'm unfamiliar with this particular model, let alone a hybrid, I'm hoping members can share their opinions of value and pricing. Also, what sorts of major expenses can I expect in the next few years, assuming an annual mileage of 20,000?

I've looked on other sites to find out what the service intervals are, but wasn't able to see any major service needs. Have there been any TSBs that I should be aware of?
  • lagvoidlagvoid Posts: 2
    Wow, that's an amazing price!

Question: Is it possible to obtain similar deals on models the dealer has to order? I assume you got such a great deal because it was in their existing inventory. I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more if I got exactly what I wanted through ordering my specific vehicle.
  • sometimes, prices can be negotiated lower at the end of a monthly cycle in inventory.
    some of my relatives have used carmax for other cars...perhaps the Lexus could be lower this way? I use State Farm ins.... for cars and other coverages....my Lexus 2006 400h ins just went up compared to a Mazda 2008 hybrid Tribute.
  • I am looking at getting a used Lexus Rx 400h, '06 - '08. There are couple of '08s (one purchased in 2009) that are priced well in my budget ~27K, but have done close to 75,000 miles (in 2-3 years). I wanted to find out peoples opinion on whether its better to get an older model with lower miles (<50000) or newer model with higher mileage for this car.

My concern is the capacity of NiMH hybrid battery to hold charge (and be effective) in the long run.
  • I am looking at getting a used Lexus Rx 400h, '06 - '08. There are couple of '08s (one purchased in 2009) that are priced well in my budget ~27K, but have done close to 75,000 miles (in 2-3 years). I wanted to find out peoples opinion on whether its better to get an older model with lower miles (<50000) or newer model with higher mileage for this car.

My concern is the capacity of NiMH hybrid battery to hold charge (and be effective) in the long run. Is there any information available on miles or age of a car that affects the battery life?

Thanks
  • 2thfxr2thfxr Posts: 1
    I read from some auto writer (Popular Mechanics I think) that the batteries should last somewhere around 120k to 150k. They are warrated for 100k. THe cost is $3000 minus what you can get for recycling the old battery.
  • I was just quoted 55,700 for this with the following options....seems a little above invoice...thoughts?

Dual DVD Rear Seat Entertainment
    HDD Navigation System
    NavTraffic&#153;
    Lexus Enform®
    Leather-trimmed interior
    Lexus Memory System
    Power moonroof
    USB audio input
    Rear-armrest storage compartment with cover
    Power rear door
    Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors
    Heated and ventilated front seats
    Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
    High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with Adaptive Front
    Lighting System and dynamic auto leveling
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    Roof rack - cross bars
    Remote engine starter
    Carpet cargo mat
    Cargo net - envelope
  • This is the deal I got on the following car:

RX450h AWD

Luxury Package
    Comfort Package
    Heads up display
    LED headlamps
    Mark Levinson sound system
    Navigation
    Park Assist
    19'' Chromed wheels

MSRP of $64,000, selling price of $54,000.

Is it a good deal?
    Thanks,
  • I think so! The heads up display is an expensive add on!
  • My wife could not breathe in new Lexus 450H; cabin integrity compromised; toxic fumes after long drive, followed by going uphill steeply. My son also affected. Problem continued for weeks. Dealer charged us $5000 to return car after 1 month. Dealer would not test car under similar driving circumstances. Not sure about toxic substance or it related to car-build following nuclear accident in Japan. Lexus Corp was very pleasant but refused even to take care of the $5000. Now, I'll have to pursue it in governmental jurisdictions and in litigation. If you have any similar problems, please let me know.
  • mofitmofit Posts: 3
    What dealer gave you such a deal?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,937
    A news reporter would like to talk with hybrid car owners in Northern California. If you fit the description, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, April 25, 2012.
  • abforumsabforums Posts: 5
    I am quoted $48k + TTL (MSRP 53.1k) for a new 2012 RX450h.
    Is this a good price?