Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

191011121315»

Comments

• locale dealer is talk straight list price on TDI A3. Anyone else looking? What are these Tdi selling for compared to either list or invoice. I'm in Miami and had purchased a prior A3 for invoice at the change over between 06 and 07 in may, 2007. there is a new sales team who appear to be jerks....but they are just so close to my office.

They said that there just aren't TDI's available and they want full list based upon the short supply. To save $3000, i'll buy in atlanta and drive it back to miami.

Where are they selling A3 TDI discounted???????? Or will Audi push over to VW--the TDI sport wagon is sweet, but just not as comfortable as the Audi.
  • hattrihattri Posts: 3
    I am looking at A3 TDI as well here in Northern California area. All the dealers are out of stock, taking deposits on the cars coming in. Nobody is giving a discount, selling it at full MSRP.
  • I'm in the Philadelphia Area looking for a 2010 A3 TDI Premium Plus with NAV, Cold Weather, and Convenience. MSRP is $38,020. Current offer (and first) from dealer is $36,500, about $400 over invoice.

As evidenced by the activity in this forum, there is not a lot of transactional information on this car right now.

I'm considering countering at $36k flat. Does that sound reasonable?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,348
    Reasonable but bet they won't move. I'd do the deal if they throw in the audicare.
    500 isn't much if the car meets all your needs. Audi doesn't do much on the a3 -- you can deal better on the a4. Depends what you like.
  • JLaw012JLaw012 Posts: 11
    Your target should be the invoice price. Normally i would say that you are under shooting and that you should be able to get the car for less but the TDI factor might make negotiation a little tougher. Have you been shopping around outside the area at other dealers? having walk away power would be good to have. You know you could get the 2.0 for about 10,000 less and you would probably be saving money in the end even though the TDI get's better mpg. Anyway, good hunting.
  • aaasupr1aaasupr1 Posts: 3
    Tried to get one it was a bit tough. Tried to get a used 2008 with 25000 mi for 23000. This was not the TDI, but it was a quattro. Dealer came down to 24500 but would not budge. What really killed the deal was the extended warranty for this vehicle. It was 3200 dollars, so you all better reconsider buying this one used.
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,343
    Extended warranties are a rip off whether they are 3,200 dollars or 32 cents. It doesn't matter. Unless it's from the manufacturer, it's probably disreputable.
  • The beginning june, 2010, my locale dealer wanted full sticker for their last exec demo, then i was out of the country and bogged down for about 6 weeks.previously pines audi had stock and very good pricing--500 over dealer invoice
    Everything was sold out and the new 2011's were coming in. i am still drivng my 2006 A3.

I would like to buy A3 TDI prem+ My locale dealer was not customer friendly--different sales-manager breaking balls for every penny and wouldn't trade out
    with another dealer. I will buy anywhere within 200 miles of miami for the right price.....orlando, pines, coral springs

Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.