Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• gotminegotmine Posts: 4
    I just checked with my dealer on the status of my presold order. I ordered May 7 and was originally told August 22 was worst case date for delivery. Now the worst case date has been moved to August 15 and the general manager told me it would probably be last of July or first of August. Didn't say anything about Bluetooth but I didn't ask because I just heard it here.
  • acorin88acorin88 Posts: 14
    I ended up getting mine off the lot, but in talking with my dealer, he said that their ordered vehicles were coming in much more quickly than expected, which is why I was surprised to see your post. It could be that your dealer is just being overly conservative on delivery, but I would definitely shop around to other dealers and see what else is out there.
  • I got an even worse lease offer today -- $3500 due at lease inception. MSRP is $30,035. I have five months to go on my current lease ($2020), so that was rolled in. Factor is .00227. Monthly payment is $513.80.

I emailed back that I'd discuss it further next year when the car isn't as new and availability isn't so tight and Audi has a lease program, yadda yadda...

CK
  • mofastmofast Posts: 2
    Bought a black on black, 6-speed with following options (everything except the rear air bag option):

xenons
    nav+sound
    sat
    lavagray/grey
    cold
    convenience
    sport
    opensky

In the end, after all fees and taxes, I received a $1300 discount.....

:)
  • got_vtecgot_vtec Posts: 22
    Is it just because it's not going to be a big seller in the US (being a hatchback and all)?
  • I've been interested since I got wind of the car last year, but did not want to pop for one for > $30K. Does not look like Audi is advertising much-- my dealer told me they wanted to get more out on the street. Sticker was $30,085 for a DSG premium w/ cold weather pack + sun package & a fog light delete. So, the deal was $28,470 + tax/tags. I'm happy with the car at that price & the straightforward, low-key approach from the dealer.
  • matthewsrmatthewsr Posts: 2
    Lava grey/black interior
    manual
    open sky
    sport package
    cold weather
    ------I had the performance tires switched off so I could have the all seasons, because it is simply more practical: the tread lasts longer, the ride is better and I had no intention of driving at the limits (unfortunately) in the first place

$28,050 (I originally offered $28,350 but the dealer must have mis-heard me and came back with the $28,050 figure. So, my negotiating skills can't really take credit for that last $300.)
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Posts: 195
    I heard a radio ad that HBL in Tyson's Corner, VA is offering "Buyer's plan pricing" until the end of July on all in stock Audi vehicles. What kind of discount is this? I think it is the "diplomat" buying plan.
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Posts: 109
    who will allow a decent discount on an ordered A3. I live in S. Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia. Two local dealers that I talked to wanted full list or list -$200. They till me that they have a VERY limited allocation of these cars, and as a result they must get full MSRP. If there is a Dealer anywhere in the Mid Atlantic States who will discount, I'm ready to order. There is no trade-in to confuse the situation. Thank you for any dealer suggestions. Bill H.
  • mapinmapin Posts: 27
    i got a good deal on my A3 at Audi of Huntingdon Valley in Philadelphia.

About $1400 off of MSRP, got exactly what I wanted, great people there.

----
    2006 2.0T A3, Lava Gray, Gray Leather, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Open Sky, Xenon.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    A reporter hopes to interview recent VW or Audi model buyers aged 30-40 who are first time buyers of a VW Group car and willing to discuss their profession/income; and recent VW or Audi buyers aged 30-40 who are repeat buyers of the brand and willing to discuss their profession/income. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Wednesday, July 20, 2005, and provide your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,036
    The Audi Connection is advertising all in-stock A3's at $1000 off MSRP.. in the local newspaper..

Just as a point of reference..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• designer8designer8 Posts: 1
    Hi there:

May I ask in what city/state you purchased your A3? I can't seem to talk the price down from $28,490 and that's just DSG with opensky, silver and int cloth. They would withhold the fee associated w/ having to get the car from somewhere else. Any feedback would be appreciated!
  • Annapolis MD. From what I've seen on other A3 boards, willingness to discount varies quite a bit from dealer to dealer. There are at least 6 Audi dealers in the Baltimore/DC area-- not sure whether that was a factor. I did not have to do a lot of dickering to get that price. Once I broached the pricing thing, the salesman came right to their bottom line-- which was greatly appreciated.
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    This is listed on the Audi site. But it's 2.9% for 24 months on the A3? Presumably that's a lease but no mention of the monthly payment, which is typicaly headlined.
  • pmagpmag Posts: 22
    As I understand it the 2.9%/24 is available for purchases of the A3 -- I'm not sure about lease. Audi is also doing 3.9%/36 and 4.9%/60 month (or 66 months if you prefer).

Cheers,
    Paul
    Paul is correct... No payment listed, because it is a loan.. I think a 24 month payment would scare a lot of people off..

regards,
    kyfdx

• stchiustchiu Posts: 2
    Live in Bay Area. Talked to a few Audi dealers recently. They are willing to give around $800 off MSRP. They are not really that willing to negotiate. I told them some other manufacturers ( e.g. Acura, Infiniti ) offer invoice for their cars but they weren't moved.
    I finally decided to not buying the A3 for now caused I really don't know whether the value of this car can hold up. Remember BMW 318 ?? Will wait and see.

Steve
    I think I know why no one has reported leasing an A3..

Just looked at the 3yr/45K residuals...

48%-50%, depending on model... ouch..

• dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    from what i understand they want to "sell" the starter A3 model and have no intention of making great leasing deals .

DL
    If that is their intention, then they'll have no trouble.... because, no one will lease at those residuals...

I think that is a hard way to go... Once you top $25K for a luxury import, you'll have more leasers than buyers... Seems like they are giving away a big piece of the market.. Maybe not so much on the $25K strippers.... but, a lot of them will be right around $30K..... $575/mo. finance payments will price a lot of people out of the market...

Hopefully for the buyers, actual resale will be better than those residuals...

Totally agree. 48-50% residuals is what dodge numbers? YUK!

DL
  • $575/mo. finance payments will price a lot of people out of the market...

Without a significant raise I'm out. Too bad about the terrible leases. Test drove a 2.0 DSG and fell in love. Guess I'll have to drive the Camry a bit longer. :cry:

-c
  • 8_track8_track Posts: 3
    Base + metallic paint + DSG. MSRP 27,390, selling price 26,125.
    I'll be leasing it but haven't squared away the terms just yet. Audi Finance is out of the question, their money rates are 6.9% and higher. Most dealers in my area are going with Chase who is working in the 3.9% - 4.9% range. Residuals at 15k miles are 51% for 36 months and 46% for 42, a little better for 12k miles. Chase has some nice features like pre-buying extra miles upfront at a discount (I run up miles and this helps avoid big over-charge at the end), and $1,000 damage allowance so you don't have to deal with nickel-and-dime stuff at lease end. The tradeoff is slightly higher fee structure.
  • An A3 with the following options:

-DSG transmission
    -Lava Gray Pearl with black leather interior
    -Sport Package
    -Convenience Package
    -Open Sky Option
    -Sound Option
    -Bluetooth Option

$31,329

I'll be adding the Phatbox aftermarket, as well as the splashguards and cargo mat.
  • istrvtistrvt Posts: 2
    Stick+Premium+Cold Weather+Lava Gray+destination
    MSPR - $28,635

Got car for $27,725.

Other dealer was willing to go 200 less on car but had ~400 more in fees.
  • legarlegar Posts: 71
    50% is not bad at all for leasing, a G35 sedan is around 55% and so is the 2005 3 series.
    Dodge numbers are somewhere in the 30%-40% range (except for the Viper, which is like 59%).
    Thats the old E46 model. the New 3er is 62% on 36 months and 75% on 24 months. As for a dodge and mass produced japanese vehicle enough said ;) . Its clear Audi does Not want to lease the A3,but sell them and thats ok by me. Hopefully the residual is not a accurate barometer of what the true resell value will be.....

DL
  • legarlegar Posts: 71
    yea I meant the E46 model (aka 2005 3 series). Yea your right the NEW 2006 3 series is really high. As for why you said Audi does not want to lease the A3 is not very clear to me at all :confuse:.
    If they wanted to lease the car, they would set the residuals and money factors at a level that would generate sales..

When the lease price for a $37K BMW and a $30K A3 are the same.... you have to figure that Audi doesn't want to lease the A3.. It just isn't competitive... Especially for an '06 model... those are low residuals...

regards,
    kyfdx