Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• audifansaudifans Posts: 8
    Seriously consider a CPO. Was told the break in period will determine how the car will last. Most CPO are lease return. Does any one having problem with lease CPO.
    :lemon:
    You wont believe what the Dealer around Socal (OC) quoted me 08 A3.
    OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT:
    OPEN SKY SYSTEM
    Front License plate holder
    PHONE PREP. W/ BLUETOOTH(R)
    CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    18" ALLOY WHEELS
    BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS W/ ADAPTIVE LIGHTING
    S LINE SPORT PACKAGE

MSRP $34370
    (I told them I was borned yesterday)hihihihi ;)
    New 2008 A3 - White
    2.0T
    FWD
    Automatic
    Premium Pkg
    Open Sky
    Convenience Pkg
    Heated Seats
    Approx. $28,300 with Audi 2.99 APR and Approx $26,700 (without Audi Finance) roughly 5.99 APR third Party Financial Inst. ...With Tax & Reg.

:confuse:
    Any comments folks ( I getting tired just listen and talking to these sale pro. )
    Thanks a millionsss.
  • huntzingerhuntzinger Posts: 350
    I'd tell him that you would much rather special-order an '09 that has just the options you want, instead of paying top dollar for an over-laden '08 leftover that has "junk that you don't want"...particularly if you want to talk him down on the '08 leftover.

You can also mention that you know that Audi has been accepting 2009 orders on their computer system for a couple of months now, so he can go in "right now" and put in your order, as soon as the two of you agree on a price.

BTW, here's the change point list for the 2009 A3 from marketwatch.com:

MSRP
    A3 2.0T Front Manual $26,920 A3 2.0T quattro S tronic $30,500
    A3 2.0T Front S tronic $28,400 A3 3.2 quattro S tronic $36,975

-- Exterior and Interior freshening including new wheels.
    -- 2.0T S tronic now available with quattro all-wheel drive.
    -- New simplified offer structure concept.

Standard Equipment Changes

-- Hill-hold assist - now standard on 2.0T manual (already standard on
    S tronic models)
    -- Sirius satellite radio - now standard on all
    -- Leather seating surfaces - now standard on all
    -- Flexmetallic interior trim - replaces Matte interior trim on 2.0
    -- Leather steering wheel - now standard
    -- Aux audio input - standard on all
    -- Ashtray / Smoker pkg - deleted on all (replaced with storage tray)
    -- 3.2 only: Standard Bluetooth, Bi-xenon headlamps with LED DRL, and
    Open Sky
    -- 3.2 only: No longer standard Symphony, Sport Suspension, Sport Seats

Option Program Changes

-- New offer structure concept
    -- Discontinued: iPod adapter (replaced by standard Aux-input), Wood
    trim, Sunshades for rear side windows, Premium Vienna leather
    -- New options: Audi magnetic ride, Sport package

FWIW, I was out in LA around two weeks ago, and based on the highways that I drove on, I'd not want 18" wheels or the S-Line package - - the standard 17's and suspension are IMO firm enough for highway runs; be sure to test-drive to make sure that there's not too much NVH.

-hh
  • malibu8malibu8 Posts: 1
    Model Year: 2008
    Model: 8PA59X A3 2.0T 4-DR AUTO S TRONIC FWD
    Exterior Color: A2A2 BRILLIANT BLACK
    Interior Color: MB BLACK
    Options: 3FB OPEN SKY SYSTEM
    3Y4 MANUAL REAR SIDE SUNSHADES
    6W9 FRONT PLATE FILLER PANEL
    9ZG BLUETOOTH PHONE PREP
    PBA IPOD INTERFACE
    PPX CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    PX3 BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS
    WQB S-LINE SPORT PACKAGE

MSRP is 33770. Got it for 29520 with 0.9 APR financing for 36 months.
    This is in Atlanta area.
  • 4hero4hero Posts: 1
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T
    Automatic tranismission

Lava gray - exterior
    Black leather - interior

Open sky system
    Heated front seats
    Bluetooth phone prep
    Audi DVD navigation w/ Ipod adaptor
    Premium package
    Convenience package
    Bi-xenon headlights

M.S.R.P. - $36,220.00 + fee's (tax, title, license)
    Your price - $32,064.14 + fee's (tax, title, license)

I just wanted Lava Gray + audio package, but the dealer said this is the closest they could find "in the state." I requested a quote for the 2009 model with the exact options that I want. Shoud I go for this loaded 2008 model or wait for the 2009 model?
  • jxbst15jxbst15 Posts: 21
    That's a judgment call only you can make. Whilst the 2009 A3 is just a facelift, MSRP prices are going up, as are options configurations (e.g. leather is standard, no more iPod integration but an AUX port is standard).

Some people love the Quattro, which is now available on the 2.0, which would be a big reason to wait. But if you don't care about Quattro, and you don't really care about the updated R8 style headlights, no reason to stay on the sidelines.
  • audifunaudifun Posts: 1
    Specs:

8PA52X A3 2.0T 4-DR AUTO S TRONIC FWD
    3FB OPEN SKY SYSTEM
    9ZG BLUETOOTH PHONE PREP
    PBA IPOD INTERFACE
    WQB S-LINE SPORT PACKAGE
    METALLIC PAINT

MSRP $32,920
    Purchased for $29,200
    (about 3 weeks ago)

Invoice was $30,671 including destination, dealer claimed invoice of $31,025 after including advertising and other nonsense charges.

Audi is/was running a $2,000 dealer cash promo.

Dealer offered $29,650, I countered $29,200, dealer accepted.

No further surprises or miscellaneous charges. Probably could have negotiated further; other 2008 A3 buyers should consider lower offers.
  • Trying to figure out the price for a 2007 with 200 miles
    - A3 2.0T Auto
    - Premium Package
    - Open Sky
    - MSRP ~30600

It's considered a used car, and the warranty started back in November, so only 3 years left, and 2008 incentives do not apply.

I really have no clue about how low I should go. Is $24,000 a reasonable price for the car? I don't have his first offer yet.

I'm thinking: it's a "used" car, 2 year depreciation since it's a 2007 and the 2009s are almost here, warranty already counting, so the price of a good used + $1000 extra would be fair. But I don't know the price of an used 2007, I just see asking prices. Edmunds TMV is about 23500 private party, 25100 dealer asking price.

How should I start, I'm inexperienced, but I feel there could be a good deal here.

Thanks for any comment.
  • maxbosmaxbos Posts: 6
    Bought a basic A3 with manual transmission (MSRP $26.705) for $22,700. No special Audi financing though... The car is black, 10 miles on the odometer, fresh stock.

Hope it's useful for someone negotiating a purchase.

max_bos
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,623
    That's a lot of car for $22,700... :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I am looking for a A3 in MA right now. Can I know the dealer and the city you got the price?Thanks
  • maxbosmaxbos Posts: 6
    It was Herb Chambers in Burlington. I found it easiest to negotiate over the phone. The price included supplier discount from my employer, but that should not make more than 300-500 difference.
    You can see their (and other dealers') inventory on cars.com.

Good luck!
  • 2009 models have been out for a while. Anyone has buying experience? What's the invoice price like? Thanks!
  • Hello there,

I really like the A3 (am coming from a BMW 330xi and need something smaller), but haven't seen much discussion on pricing for the 2009 models.

I'm still balancing whether to go DSG or manual, and here's my first "internet only" offer from a dealer in Virginia. How does it strike you in the Audi community?

The following is full description and Costco/internet price for an in-stock 2009 2.0 FWD S-tronic A3.

Trim: Premium
    Color: Brilliant Black
    Options: Convenience Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg and Open Sky System
    MSRP: $34,125.00(includes $825.00 destination)
    Invoice: $32,158.00
    Internet Price: $32,458.00

Thanks for your help!
  • Premium Package
    Open Sky
    6 speed manual
    Charcoal
    Brand New 2008
    MSRP 32,000

I got it shipped from MA to Audi of Alexandria VA
    and paid a clean $25,000 about 4 months ago
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,237
    Well done! If that car were red, I'd have been all over it as well, if I could have found one like it.

How many miles on it when you got it?

Enjoy.
  • it was brand new with like 200 miles on it from test drives.. I was looking for a used one originally but when i realized i could pay only a few thousand more for a new one then i sprung for it and i am glad i did, i think it was a good deal.
  • riles246riles246 Posts: 1
    I live in Central NJ and I am having a bear of a time trying to get a reasonable deal on a new A3. I went to Bell Audi in Edison, and they will not budge on MSRP. As soon as I mentioned that I was looking at A3's the guy looked at me like I was some poor jerk since I didn't want an A4/A6/ etc...

He quoted me some lease rates and they were insane, so I said I'd rather just finance. The model I configured for myself doesn't have too many options- Sport Package, Manual Transmission, Cold Weather, and Rear Side Airbags. The MSRP on this car is $29,170, so I asked "Ok, so what can you give me this car for?" And he said "$29,170".

How are people getting these great deals? Should I try a different dealership?

The guy was such a [non-permissible content removed] he didn't even give me a business card to contact him in the future. Ugh, only in NJ are you treated like trash for wanting to spend $30k.
  • ebbgreatdaneebbgreatdane Posts: 278
    Take his offer to a competing dealer and bargain a new price. FAX, call, email in a 100 mile radius.

Take the lower price back to the '[non-permissible content removed]' and negotiate a better deal.

Take the better deal from the '[non-permissible content removed]' to a competing dealer (or the same competing dealer from the line above if you liked them) and work a slightly better deal. Buy the car.

Call the '[non-permissible content removed]' afterwards and thank him for his time but that his first 'offer' failed to 'strike while the iron was hot' (good advice i once got from a fortune cookie) as well as pushing you to Un-douchy-dealership, Central NJ.

:)

If you're really sour you could visit the showroom a week later and drop the competing dealership name to patrons. I love car sales people.