Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infinity Stereo / Radio

tomcat66tomcat66 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in Hyundai
I have a 2009 Hyundai Sanata Fe Limited. Every now and then I get a loud noise from the stereo, it's almost a bang like a firecracker but lasts longer. I thought it might have been electrical interference like lightning or power tranformers. It's happened with the radio, the USB port and playing a CD. On one occassion the unit ceased working and didn't come back till several attempts later. The noise is much louder than the listening volume and I must saw quiet alarming. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    For something this specific and unusual, I think you need to visit the Hyundai Owners Forum, where you are more likely to meet other owners of your year, make and model.

Not much I can say about an actual cause, but I would pull the unit and check for a bad ground, first of all. If examining the wiring doesn't reveal anything, then it would have to be bench tested at an audio shop. It might be an amplifier problem. Sometimes it is cheaper to just buy a replacement unit from someplace like Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com). You might not only pay the same as you would to repair your old unit, you may actually get a better system.