Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 BMW X5

Comments

• hikershikers Posts: 10
    OMG. That's gorgeous! I love it! How much more are they gonna charge?
  • As a previous owner of a 2000 X5 4.4i I can say it was one of the most pleasing vehicles I ever owned. Fast, yet quiet. We had two kids and it was extremely functional. It performed better and better as the years and miles grew on. I definitely got better gas mileage once the engine got past 30K miles.

When I got it, it was in the 1st year of production. I had very few problems with the vehicle. After 60K, all I had to do was replace tires and brakes. If they can do the same with the new version, I will be in line to get one. I am waiting for the GL320 CDI. If BMW comes out with an I6 (with average gas mileage and performance) or a CDI I6, I will definitely consider it, especially since it has the third row of seats. IMHO, I think it looks cool. Most vehicles with the 3rd row seat look long and portly. BMW seems to have made room for it without making the vehicle look too long. Hopefully, they won't compromise performance either.
  • Anothter vehicle you should consider is the Audi Q7. IMO, it looks amazing. The new x5 is definetly a worthy competitor of it though...
  • I have seen some of your other posts. I saw the Q7 at the Chicago Auto Show back in February. I have owned several Audis. I am low on the Q7 because the third row is so small. I have an LR3 today and I can comfortably sit in the third row - 6'1". I have seen the new X5 back seat. It doesn't seem to be as good as the LR3 since the specs say someone up to 5'6" can sit comfortably. The goal is for my son and his friends to be able to sit comfortably for trips aroud town. Because of this, we have ruled out the Escalade/Tahoe (3rd row still sits on the floor)and Volvo XC90 - to small in the back and are waiting for the GL320 CDI and now the new X5. I would also consider the Enclave/Acadia based on the pics I've seen. If BMW can keep the price relatively competitive with the I6 engine, then this might be another option to the GL. I am not looking for a speed burner SUV, but something functional and comfortable with OK gas mileage.
  • sp5183sp5183 Posts: 5
    I do agree with you. Most SUVs have terrible 3rd row seats. I myself am not a fan of the BMW SAV line because I'm just a car and truck person, not SUVs. BMW has the most efficient I6 motor in the world and it does get excellent mileage. From the looks of things, if I were to get an SUV, I would probably go with the Land Rover. They have the styling and all right and BMW hasn't been in that market very long. Also, with Ford going downhill, they might be selling Land Rover and BMW might pick it up and drop the SAVs. Lastly, I also have problems sitting in back rows because I'm 6'4" and I would much rather be driving than riding!
  • sp5183sp5183 Posts: 5
    I just want to tell you now that BMW will not be making any more diesel models. They are strictly producing gas engines and improving on the engine efficiency. Also, look for hydrogen down the road in about 15-20 years. They are perfecting a full-on hydrogen car. Don't worry, hydrogen is less explosive than gasoline because the hydrogen fumes dissipate faster than gasoline. Tests have shown that a gasoline leak in the trunk with scortch the whole car, wheras a hydrogen leak in the trunk only raises the interior temp 1 to 2 degrees Celcius and does not burn the interior at all. In fact, the car does not even have to be put out. It puts itself out.
  • I do not think BMW would buy Land Rover as they are the ones that sold it to Ford. The rear seats are really for 5'6" or under. By the way the JD Powers ranking has Land Rover with the highest number of problems per 100 cars produced and by far. Saab was second and of course Lexus had the lowest. BMW was 9th. I am looking the the new 2007 x5 or new 2007 MDX both still not released.
  • As a current LR3 owner, I would STRONGLY discourage you against getting the LR3. Land Rover consistently ranks at the bottom of quality studies. We have an LR3 and it is in the shop right now. It was in the shop 3 weeks ago and before that it was in the shop. Since we've had the vehicle, there hasn't been 60 days where it hasn't been in the shop for something. My wife and I were talking today. Our favorite vehicles were our 2003 Lexus GX470 and the BMW X5. For me the X5 was the best combination of power and comfort in a "truck". For my wife, the Lexus was smooth, but too small - which led to the LR3. We had very few problems with the GX. Like I said, if BMW can get it right with the next X5, I would go that way again.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,669
    Not sure if this was already posted

x5
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    I see that kbb.com has specs and pricing for the 2007 X5. They list the weight of the 4.8i as 5535 lb. I sure hope that's wrong. I expected it to weigh more than the '06 model, but not that much more.
  • vito2vito2 Posts: 1
    The 07 X5 has 2 engine options, the new 3.0 at 260 hp or the 4.8. The 3.0 base price is 45,900.00 and the base for 4.8 is 54,500.00. There are some great photos on this website: http://www.peakebmw.com/2007X5.htm
  • iceman2iceman2 Posts: 23
    i can totally relate - my wife has a 2005 LR3 and it's been in the shop constantly. it's a beautiful truck and rides great - when it rides! lot's of little things that add up, plus land rover service (orlando/central florida)is completely understaffed and junior league. as much as we like the truck itself, we're going elsewhere when the lease expires next december. lexus, bmw or audi seem the right way to go.
  • Hello, i currently have a 750 Li and it rides great so im really into BMWs but the mercedes GL450 is making me have second thoughts so can anyone advise me for which car to choose, the BMW X5 or the Mercedes Benz GL450
  • gollamgollam Posts: 29
    so legroom can be adjusted?...thanks
    The X5 brochure says the top speed is 150 mph. Is that scary or what!
  • dianegdianeg Posts: 6
    I have read many negative reviews about run flat tires...will the new X5 have run flat tires? I want to order the new X5 with the third row seat & its says in the brochure I have you cannot have a "space saver" spare tire...does that mean I cannot have any spare tire? Ihave a 2002 X5 & was so looking forward to purchasing the 2007 X5 but if I cannot get it with a spare, I will not order it.
    DianeG
  • The new X5 comes with run-flat tires. It is possible to get conventional all-season tires ( limited size options) but if you choose to go with conventional tires you cannot order the 3rd row seating option. That space is used for a spare tire - a small space saver type.
    Are you saying that BMW is going to offer conventional tires as an option? I haven't seen any mention of that in any of their press releases. That would be an attractive option. It is most unfortunate that because of their perceived need to offer a third row seat they make everyone get run-flat tires. I don't like run-flat tires; I don't even like the concept. (Say I have a flat tire in a remote area of the American west. So I can drive 90 miles at 50 mph. Then what do I do?) They say the rims are specially designed for run-flat tires. Can you mount conventional tires on them?
  • The GL450 is a much bigger than the new X5. Ten inches longer. Id get the Audi Q7, unless your not into Audis, then i would go with the X5. The Gl seems very boring and I think it will be outdated very soon.
  • Thanks for the advice, id go with the BMW X5 because im not really into audis but just out of curiosity would you get the audi or the X5
  • dianegdianeg Posts: 6
    I am leaning toward the Q7...no runflat tires & extra space.
    We had Audis in the early 80s & really liked them...they got such a bad reputation then that we bought other vehicles. We have had two BMWs recently & really like them but the runflat tires & no spare with third row seat bothers me...I, as a female at 65 yrs need to have a car that I can get a new tire easily...I drive a lot out of town...summer & winter often by myself. The extra space in the Q7 esp. when driving my grandkids. I still need to see & drive the new X5.
  • stv187stv187 Posts: 4
    run flat tires will run about $200 each... oh my flat :)
  • Personally i like the Audi a little more. I have actually ordered one allready. i guess if the x5 came out earlier i might have considered it, but i think it will be too small for me anyway (i used to have a Toyota Sequoia). I think the styling is great on both, but i slightly prefer the Audi interoir. However, i know the BMW will drive much more like...a BMW, which is a definate plus. I think it depends on what you are using the car for. It is a trip car for us, but if it was my everyday car, i would easily pick the X5 for its dynamics.
  • Well I actually chose the X5 because of the interior and the technology it has. The main reason I didnt like the audi was because of the interior. I thought it was too plain and i saw that it isnt a very safe car because it didnt pass the safety test at first. If the audi had an entertainment system, then i wouldve considered it. But the main reason is that im in love with BMWs. I used to have a 5 series but sold it after i got my 2006 750Li in Feb. so im looking forward to getting another BMW in Nov.
  • Yea BMW's are great! I probably would have gone for the x5 if it had been released sooner. I just fell in love with the Q7 exterior styling and ordered it...I think it will be a good car.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Are you going to apply for a change to your handle?

M
  • merc1,
    If i was to go for a change to my handle, I would be going more to the mercedes benz and Range Rover direction but not for the Audi SUVs. Although i might consider the Audi R8 that is coming out. But the BMW has already attracted me with their new 3 series hardtop. Although it can't be compared with the super R8 but im really looking forward to driving a convertible that can fold the top down on the key fob. I will first look for my SUV/SAV though. And i apologize for going a little off topic.
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    A handful of you probably know me from other posts. I confuse myself with new ideas day, after day, after day.

Today, I thought... "Well, I'm giving the A3 [my winter car] to my son in a few years... why am I just restricting myself to 535xi's and 328xi's [for my next winter car]? I might as well look at an SUV."

So immediately, it hit me. X5! As if you can't tell, I want a BMW for my next winter car (as odd as it is that an Audi would be me three-season car and a BMW, my winter driver), and because my wife is trading in her RX for an XJ8 or E350 4Matic in January (she's driving them next week), we won't have an SUV any more. I think it makes sense. The X5 is fun-to-drive, the new one is very good-looking, the interior has been vastly improved and it's not too big for me, while the Q7 is. Another bonus is that it would be in the vicinity of the 530xi's price, with options, give or take a few thousand. Sounds like a good deal to me. I may also look at the Cayenne S- but I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Any comments about the car? Haven't seen one on the road yet, but I'm excited. Hopefully it will impress me as much as the Q7 has. For some reason, I see the GL as lukewarm- even though it's opened to rave reviews. I'll have to drive one to see why it's so great.

Thanks.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330