Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• emeekeremeeker Posts: 3
    Want to order a 2009 FWD Hybrid Escape Limited using x-plan (pin number in hand) as soon as possible. The few dealers that I checked with did not want to take a x-plan order. I live in South Jersey will travel about 100 miles to make a deal. Any input would be appreciated. If you would like to email me please send to : EMEEKER371@AOL.COM

Thanks Again
    ED
  • aprilcaprilc Posts: 4
    Can anybody share what the differences are between the base FEH and the limited model? Also if you have dealer cost, invoice or msrp prices. thanks! I am waiting in the 2009 !
  • beckyncatsbeckyncats Posts: 1
    I was too late for the 2008 models so I waited for the 2009's. My dealer called and I went in today (5-2-08). The 2009 offers 2 versions of the hybrid; the XLT and the Limited. I ordered the limited and it has all the upgrades from the 2008 that I wanted as standard. The 2009's also are equipped with Sync as a standard feature on both versions. They have discontinued some color options and have added a brilliant silver metallic (I got this one) and a white suede. All I had to add was side steps. My dealer said that it was possible that I would receive my car late July or August. He would know more after the order is sent in as to production time etc. Base price on the 2009 limited is 30,635. Hope this helps you decide. I will update as I know the time frame for my vehicle.
  • bjcarterbjcarter Posts: 28
    I wouldn't expect your '09 until late this year or early next year. Scheduling isn't due to be set until at the earliest September and production is due to begin until mid October. It's going to be awhile. I set a link a couple of postings before yours... sorry for the bad news.
  • fmorrisofmorriso Posts: 52
    I second what bjcarter says about scheduling (mid-September) and production startup (October) of 2009 Ford Escape Hybrids.

The previously announced May 15th date for scheduling of FEH's is for the gasoline models. The same is true for the June 23rd production start up date.

I ordered my 2009 FEH Limited (U59/750A) on April 20, 2009, just three days into the new order acceptance period and I don't expect to see mine until December at the earliest with January 2009 being more realistic.

Please go back and ask your dealer if the delivery date you were quoted is realistic or was just something they told you to get your business.
  • neuroboy002neuroboy002 Posts: 24
    Hi Everyone,

I, like many of you, are looking at the 2009 FEH. It will be my first car I purchase on my own. it will quite an investment but I am looking forward to it. I have been to one dealer so far in Orange County. Many of you are curious about pricing so I thought II would help out by posting my invoice (or estimate - the portion says "this is not an invoice." One thing I didn't realize was that leather interior is no longer an option on the FEH - if you want leather, you have to upgrade to the limited. Below is the invoice for the normal FWD FEH:

4 DR FWD Hybrid: $28305
    Step bar/Rocker: $345
    Power Moonroof: $795
    Roof Rack w/bar: $45
    Destination and Delivery Charge: $30,185

I'd like to know what you think. It's hard to negotiate for a car that didn't even on the lots yet and needs to be custom built. I will hopefully be getting an estimate for the FEH Limited later on. I was hoping to stay below $30K but it doesn't look like it. My head and wallet hurt just thinking about it. My throat is going dry.
  • ursacatursacat Posts: 32
    Hi all,

We have a 2005 FE (regular fuel) Limited. When we purchased in late 2004 we drove the FEH - decided not to purchase because, well, the performance. Just test drove a 2008 over the weekend. Just fine. Since there is no rush we'll order the 2009 and wait. Questions:

-Anyone have the 2009 order guide? (the two dealers - first one Costco - Petaluma Ford, second one Marin Ford said this would be the first one ordered.)

-We'd like FWD, whatever package comes with Leather and those damn back-up sensors that have saved my [non-permissible content removed] a couple of times!

-NO Nav. My Blackberry does a great job!

-Whatever stereo comes with an iPod connector (either a true control UI or an output jack) and Bluetooth for the phone. If it doesn't have either one I'd rather install an aftermarket unit w/ CD player, iPod connector and BT.

-Step bars (we have a 5 year old.) Doesn't look like I can take them off a 2005 and install on the 2009. No bolt holes and there is sheet metal in the way (on the 2008's.)

-We have Costco and the x-plan option and I'm awaiting quotes and lead times. \\Am I missing something? Since we are leading the pack here we should compare notes.

-BTW. Why doies Consumer reports give the FE such a low rating????

Regards,

Lou
  • namxleenanamxleena Posts: 9
    As posted by ericmui, frontier ford is discounting their top of the line 2008 FEH by $4000 and the lesser trims by $1500. Was wondering if I should jump on one of these vs. waiting for the 2009s? Also, is the tax credit still available?
  • drlarsendrlarsen Posts: 21
    If any Canadians are on the fence regarding whether or not you should buy a 2008 model now or wait for the 2009, it's worth noting that the federal gov't has discontinued the ecoAUO $2000 rebate program after this year.

From what I understand, any 2008 models which are approved before the end of this year will be given rebate cheques, however 2009 models do not qualify!

Just thought I'd put that on the table. I'm not sure if anything similar is happening in the US.

PS - I just received my rebate today! :) It takes about a month to process and mail out a cheque. For some reason they can send you a letter letting you know they've accepted your application right away, but it takes awhile longer to actually pry the money out of their hands ;).
  • rilianrilian Posts: 1
    Placed an order today in sunny (finally but only half of the day) Southern MN for 2009 AWD FEH base model, no options. Base includes SYNC and Satellite Radio and cloth seats (too cold for leather - only heat the front seats). $28,854 w/ destination charges using X-Plan. Delivery date window of Nov '08-Jan '09.
  • ursacatursacat Posts: 32
    Hi,
    I would love to follow-up with folks that have actually placed an order for the 2009's (esp rilian) in Southern Marin (dealer name). Looking for to order guide if you have it.

Regards,
    Ursacat
    ursacat@hotmail.com
  • fmorrisofmorriso Posts: 52
    2009 ordering information (severely condensed from 11-page handout given to my by dealer):

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid (FEH) and 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited (FEHL)

Order codes:
    FWD FEH U49/300A
    4WD FEH U59/700A
    FWD FEHL U49/350A
    4WD FEHL U59/750A

Tires:
    P23570Rx15 A/S BSW
    16" Hybrid unique aluminum (???) - FEH
    16" bright machined aluminum (64E) - FEHL

Colors:
    White Suede Clearcoat (WS)
    Black Pearl Slate Clearcoat Metallic (T9)
    Black Clearcoat (UA)
    Light Ice Blue Clearcoat Metallic (LS)
    Kiwi Green Clearcoat Metallic (NZ)
    Brilliant Silver Metalic (UI) "eye"

FEH (LS,NZ,T9,UA,UI,WS)
    FEHL (LS,NZ,T9,UA, UI,WS)

Colors NOT available for FEH or FEHL:
    Torch Red (D3)
    Sport Blue Metallic (U1) "one"
    Sterling Grey Metallic (UJ)

Interior:
    Ambient Lighting (636) standard on FEHL
    Cruise Control (standard on all Escapes)
    Ford Sync (standard on both hybrids)
    Cloth seating (standard on FEH)

4-wheel Anti-Lock (ABS) std on all Escapes

Leather Confort Package (63G) - Standard on FEHL

Cargo Package (21R) - not sure if available on either FEH or FEHL from information I have

Moon and Tune Value Package (17A) - optional on gasoline Escapes (only?)

Sun and SYNC Value Package (17B) - not sure if available for Hybrids

FEH includes "select XLT content plus…"
    16" wheels
    110 volt AC power point
    AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)

FEHL include "all Hybrid content plus…"
    Chrome Appearance Package
    Luxury and Convenience
    - heated front leather seats
    - power moon roof
    - retractable cargo cover
    - SecureCode keyless entry keypad

Navigation System (60N) - option for FEH and FEHL

Options:
    Cross Bars, black (615) - FEH (only)
    License plate bracket (153) - FEH and FEHL
    Side step bars (187) - FEH and FEHL
    Moon roof (43M) - FEH (std on FEHL)

I probably butchered the 11 pages in my attempts to condense the information, but at least you have the codes.
  • pensivepensive Posts: 9
    UPDATE;

the dealer who took my order in Dec 2007 for a 2008 which was for 1st Qtr 2008 delivery (the only 1 his dealership was allocated by FOMOCO) is saying the factory has advised them the unit will be in production 12 May 2008 or thereabouts.

i suspect;
    might get a 2008 which someone else couldn't sell
    or
    might get a 2009 with a resubmitted order after the
    factory couldn't make it in the 2008 run.

he (sales manager) said maybe.... i smiled and
    said maybenot.

keep in touch.
  • milehybridmilehybrid Posts: 1
    Anyone with Ford X Plan experience in the Denver area? Have the ability to purchase a vehicle on the X Plan if we can find a dealer who will sell us a car. Test drove a 2008 Escape Hybrid today but the salesperson avoided discussing the X plan with us and at one point said that the Escape wasn't included in the X Plan. According to the Ford Partner website I believe that it is since we could get the price quote for it. Reason #2 the internet will replace retail stores someday.
  • burnsvaburnsva Posts: 35
    Ordered my '09 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited FWD last week. Dealer estimated late July, but I am not expecting it until Fall.

Ordered Brilliant Silver w/ Stone Leather Interior and added Side Steps. MSRP is $31,675 including destination charge ($695). I signed my contract for $30,800 (including destination) and I'll qualify for at least one $500 rebate on delivery.

The Limited Edition includes everything except Side Steps and the Navigation System.
    The Limited includes all options except Side Steps and Navigation System.
  • emeekeremeeker Posts: 3
    The 09 Hybrid Escape Does not start production until OCT.The schedule change a few weeks ago.
  • warrentoolwarrentool Posts: 3
    I ordered an 09 FEH on 21 April. Could you please tell me where you got your info on the build schedule. My dealer does not know anything about the delay. Thanks.
    My dealer has told me that the October Production Schedule applies to Fleet vehicles only. Production is still scheduled to start on June 23rd for Retail Sales. Anticipated delivery is 8 to 12 weeks (minimum) from production start.
  • bjcarterbjcarter Posts: 28
    This link doesn't make reference to fleet versus non-fleet. I hope you're right:

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_trucks_ford.html