Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• fmorrisofmorriso Posts: 52
    Congratulations!!!

My dealer got the color 2009 Ford Escape brochures and as I pour through it while waiting for my FEH Limited to be scheduled, I read near the back under "Choose your options" that you are correct: Voice-activated Navigation System with neaarly 10-gigabyte hard drive, single-disc Audiophile Sound System ....(Available on Limited, Hybrid and Hybrid Limited)

Compare the above with this, located on the same page of the brochure: Audiophile Sound System with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3 capability...(Available on XLT and Limited)

The key to remember is this: Limited is not the same as Hybrid Limited.
  • ddawesddawes Posts: 14
    CONGRATULATIONS!! From what I can tell you are the first person I've read about receiving their FEH. As I wait out the "weather related delay" , strike, or whatever it is for mine; can you tell me where you're at and what your ship date was? My FEH was "shipped" on 7/1, but is still in KC.
  • ursacatursacat Posts: 32
    Yee,
    Congrats. Please let us know how it shakes out. Our dealer here in Sonoma County CA still expects ours next week. I will keep everyone posted. It sounds however that the West Coast shipments have been delayed a bit. My original delivery date was 7/10. That's OK with me since I still have my 2005 Limited on Craigs List.

Regards,
  • crysnstevecrysnsteve Posts: 17
    We are close to the Denver area. I don't know a ship date, it had a ETA date of 7/21, it came in early. The paperwork also indicates that it came by roadway. You will love this vehicle! It seems to me, that they thought of just about everything. Hope you get yours soon!!
    Enjoy your vehicle. My arrival date was 7/14. Right now, I'd just like to know when it may start coming this way. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  • sbtattersbtatter Posts: 47
    Our company fleet manager was told last week that Ford aren't producing any more 2009"s, will have to waiy for 2010"s...doesn't that seem strange to already be stopping 09 production? Maybe it's misinformation Ford are sending us so we buy Explorers instead?
  • alfredckalfredck Posts: 9
    Congratulations!! Would you be willing to share pictures of your new ride? Pictures of the 2009 FEHL are hard to find.
    Could it be that there is enough retail (Type 1) and dealer stock (Type 2) orders in the pipeline that fleet buyers are being told that there is no remaining production capacity to fulfill additional fleet (Type 3) orders this year?
    Yes, I will take some today. I will post again when I get them and we can figure out how to post.
    I received an update on the Blue Oval Forum that advised my FEH was in-transit and MOVING! So whatever the delay was, the good news is vehicles are moving from the factory to the purchasers.
  • Hi,

Wondering where you purchased your new vehicle. Maybe it will help us all know how close they are to the rest of us.

What features do you particularly enjoy?

Waiting impatiently for my new wheels! :mad:
    Hi,
    We bought ours at Longmont Ford in Longmont Colorado. It is about 20 miles north of Denver, as I posted before they told me they had an allocation of 5 hybrids per month. I'm sorry to everyone out there that ordered so long ago,and have to wait SO long, but it was relatively easy for me to get it, which was good cause we just blew the engine in our dodge a few weeks ago. I can't wait till everyone has theirs. I have been blown away by it for several days.

Everything seems relatively easy to use, the manual is easy to read. The last new vehicle I bought was 7 years ago and I have never had anything that was loaded before. But I think it is well designed. You can turn off the things that I call annoying like the seat belt chime, the auto locks, and the auto headlamps. The moon roof can open or tilt. The FEH limited (what we have) does not come with the 6 speed auto tranny. I love the nav/sync system. The ambient lighting gives you like 5 color choices that you can turn on if you want. It is dim but lights up things nicely if it's really dark. One of the coolest things is the HEV screen which shows your mileage and where to power is coming from. It also tells you how many miles an empty tank. I could go on all day probably. Ford did a great job on this vehicle in my opnion. Hope you guys get yours soon, seems like a truck is probably headed west from here.
  • ursacatursacat Posts: 32
    Yes, We would love to see some pics!

Just an update. I received a call from our Ford dealer here in Sonoma County (CA.)
    He just received an update on delivery FEH - Limited - No Nav but the Sirius Sat radio.) It's due in this coming Saturday 7/26. He confirmed that the delay was due to the rail car delay because of the flooding. Since they have to install the Step Bars (because Ford missed this on the order) we will probably pick up Sunday or Monday.

Regards,
    I got photos of my 09FEH in my hard drive I don't know how to post. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Go to http://www.shutterfly.com and sign up for a free account that will allow you to upload your photos to an online "photo album". Then use the Share Photos feature, using your email address as the person to share with. Shutterfly will send you an email with the hyperlink to your online photo album. Copy/Paste that hyperlink into a reply in this forum and we'll all be able to view the photos by following the hyperlink.

Here's an example:

Pictures of Crater Lake, OR

When the page displays, find and click on the Slide Show link. Then use the View Full Screen link to make the pictures more visible.
    Thanks. I sent Longmont Ford my contact information this morning. I'm betting they can enter an order, get it scheduled and delivered before the dealer in Virginia even gets his first allocation. And that's taking into account the two week plant shutdown that occurs between July 28-August 10.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921
    Upload them to your CarSpace!!

Just click on My CarSpace, and you'll see..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

:blush: I was so [Ford?] focused on the one picture album web site I use most often I completely overlooked the one right here on this forum. :blush:

I only wish this web site had sound as well as emoticons so I could insert a Homer Simpson Doh! sound into this post.

Thanks for catching my error.
  • bjcarterbjcarter Posts: 28
    Very sharp. I bought a stripped down version. I'm sure I'll be envious of the extras you've got in no time. I'm still playing the waiting game!
    Did anybody catch the fact that picture #5 very appropriately shows the artist as "Motorhead"?

Careful with the rocks and dirt. Don't want "wash me" drawn on the glass after less than a week of ownership :)
  • So - the first stock vehicle I had a deposit down on - hit the dealership in LA, CA. I decided to end my relationship with that dealership as I feel that the Internet Manager was an idiot.

I now have a new stock vehicle on order with a different dealership that seems awesome. And the new dealership is closer to home. But still waiting - Decided I did not need the navigation system and the markup from this new dealership is less - only 1K over MSRP. The other was 2k over MSRP.

Of course, I am looking at stock items expected for delivery - not custom delivery.

Wondering - if Ford is producing stock items first and custom orders later thinking they already have custom order folks hooked!!! Just a thought!!!

Still awaiting!!!
  • burnsvaburnsva Posts: 35
    I have been told by my dealer the priority is: 1) retail sales (custom orders), 2) dealer stock and 3) fleet sales.
  • cwgmlscwgmls Posts: 5
    I was told by my dealer today that the delay in shipping had something to do with a "mass quality control" issue. I had a ship date of 6/25 and am still waiting here in NJ. The blueoval forum listed it as a weather related delay. I wonder what the real issue is. I'm hoping to get my FEH before the end of the month so can turn in my leased '05 Freestyle - don't want to make another payment.
  • alfredckalfredck Posts: 9
    Thanks for sharing!! It looks awesome. Is that a split window I see? I don't remember seeing those before...
    No it does not have a split window, but on the drivers side back it looks like some kind of vent thing in the back window. Maybe it has something to do with the battery.

My husband wanted the nav system, I'm glad we got it, it's a pretty cool feature. It already needs a wash, guess it's the Rocky Mtn. afternoon rain.

I'm anxiously awaiting you all to get yours and hear what you think. :)
  • "Mass Quality Control" issue is a bit worrisome. Anyone else heard of this?
  • mabatchemabatche Posts: 7
    Apparently my order finally shipped on 7/18. Thanks to the people over at blueoval for supplying me the info. Now, I just have to sit back and wonder how long its gonna take to get from KC to southern Illinois.. :) Anyone else in this area (chicago even) recieved theirs yet?

Heres the info from Blueoval....

For those of you interested, its a standard FEH fwd with a moonroof and nav system added.

Receipt Date: 5/10/2008
    Serialize Date: 5/15/2008
    Segment Date: 5/15/2008
    Sequence Date: 6/11/2008
    Blend Date: 6/18/2008
    Produced Date: 6/26/2008
    Gate Release Date: 7/17/2008
    Ship Date: 7/18/2008
    Arrival Date:
    Sold Date:
  • cwgmlscwgmls Posts: 5
    I'm just concerned that they got caught in the floods from a few weeks ago, considering blueoval posted mine with a ship date of 6/25 and as of yesterday my dealer has no idea where it is.
  • Check out the edmunds.com user reviews. There is one up for the 2009 FEH and this person gave it a rating under 7. This person couldn't have had it for more than a
    week considering 2009 ship dates (!?) Based on the review date, perhaps they accidentally reviewed a 2008 and posted it under 2009. It would be a hapless mistake though - how could the reviewer think that they would be the sole reviewer for a particular 2008 vehicle, a hybrid no less, on edmunds.com?