Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• burnsvaburnsva Posts: 35
    Even if (which - believe they have) hit the 60,000 mark, we have until Sep 30th to qualify for the full credit, and then 6 months (Mar 30 09) to qualify for 1/2 the credit...
  • rilian1rilian1 Posts: 3
    Just another data point on price/schedule.

I ordered the following on 5/06/08 in Minnesota under X-Plan for $28,854.

FEH AWD Base Model (no options).

Other schedules I have seen suggest about 3 weeks from sequence date (a specific production week has been assigned) to ship date so may arrive in August however depends on how it falls with respect to two week line shutdown for summer end of July.

Receipt Date: 5/6/2008
    Serialize Date: 6/26/2008
    Segment Date: 6/26/2008
    Sequence Date: 7/2/2008
    Blend Date:
    Produced Date:
    Gate Release Date:
    Ship Date:
  • Hi - I have a small deposit on a 2009 Escape Hybrid. Never thought I would be wanting to buy American - but that is another story. But - time for me to be proud!!

I am being told that the ship or receive date is 7/7 - but I have received no info from my dealer (Los Angeles).

Does anyone have sticker info - my dealer has been unable to provide - I have my deposit on the FWD with all options.

Has anyone received their new SUV - or does anyone have a "real" ETA?

Thanks - I would appreciate any responses!!!
  • fmorrisofmorriso Posts: 52
    I ordered a fully loaded Ford Escape Hybrid Limited on April 20. My dealer says my order is "clean but unscheduled". No VIN. No scheduled production date. No estimated delivery date.

Since the Claycomo, MO plant where they are built is about to take two weeks off for scheduled vacations, I don't expect delivery of the vehicle anytime soon.

According to articles in the Kansas City Star, a third shift is supposed to start August 11 on the Escape/Mariner/Tribute line. Perhaps we'll see more vehicles coming off the line by then.
  • crysnstevecrysnsteve Posts: 17
    I have been reading this thread for a few weeks, I wanted to let anyone out there interested that lives in the Denver area that the Longmont Ford in Longmont is expecting some 2009 FEH 4wd limited in the next two weeks. I know they have a white one on order . They also have several 08 hybrids on the lot at this time. Good luck!
  • hdtechhdtech Posts: 11
    Fred. I have the same problem. "Clean" but "Unscheduled" and they are telling me that this allocation is truly a waiting game over which they have absolutely no control. This is frustrating as we ordered a 2008 but passed when it finally showed up in May. I didnt want end of the year stuff and I really liked the changed coming to the 2009.

We are in Colorado Springs so not the biggest market in the world but respectable nonetheless. To see the later post that Longmont CO will have 2 this weekend really ticked me off. We are at least 5-6x bigger than they are. OK, they are a remote Denver suburb.... I am just frustrated.

If anyone has any suggestion to get my 2009 sooner, please post or PM me!!
  • Have you inquired at BlueOval.com? If you have your VIN, one of the Ford Employees who works at the production plant is nice enough to look up your vehicle to see where it is in the 10-step process, but you must have your VIN. Other people who have ordered the FEH are currently tracking their orders there as well. You can see how your order date compares to theirs and how their process schedule is relative to yours. Those who ordered as early as late April are expecting them next week! Check out this forum:

link title

If you are getting to the point of desperation, you can try eBay. I have noticed one dealer put up 2009 FEHs/FEHLs for auction. No one has met his reserve price yet - actually no one has gone above $25K in a bid which is strange because this car should prove to be pretty popular. The dealership leaves contact info on the auction page, you may be able to go that route, but you will have to pay for 3rd party delivery service to your location:

link title

Don't be disappointed about missing out on the 2008. I am sure you'll be much happier with the 2009 considering many of the changes.

My hybrid is scheduled for delivery in either the last week of July or 1st week of August. I may not be able to keep it though. I'm applying for medical school and may need the extra cash. If I do, I'll make sure to inform posters on here. It's a black FEHL, no navigation.

Anyone read articles about the 2009 Prius running accessories like A/C on solar panels? Oops... was it taboo to mention Toyota on this board (?)
  • For those of you who have ordered, here's some info you may find useful:

For what it is worth, these are the stages of a vehicles production, from order placement to purchase:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.
    When the order is received from the dealers

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.
    When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.
    When they figure what week that parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to build the vehicle

Sequence Date:
    The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.
    When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

Blend Date:
    The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.
    When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle
    Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date:
    The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping
    Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date:
    The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant
    Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle
    Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date
    : The date the Customer picked up the vehicle
    You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

Once the order is placed, Ford will begin the scheduling process for your vehicle. For all intents and purposes, it is just a waiting game from that point on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - - ------------------------

Check out the "Priority" number on your order.

Ford Dealers can enter orders with priority codes ranging from 10-99. The lower the number, the higher the priority for scheduling vehicles for production. Most Dealers order "Retail" orders, those vehicles that are sold and ordered for specific customers, with a priority "10" so that those orders will be scheduled for production ahead of stock orders which might be ordered with priority codes 20-79. When a Dealer has allocation for that week's scheduling, Ford generates "Suggested Orders" which are always generated with a priority code of 80. They do this so that the "Suggested Orders" are prioritized behind most Dealers stock orders. Even so, Dealers can order vehicles with a "99" priority code which is supposed to mean that Ford is not authorized to schedule the unit under any circumstances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

I'm not a Ford insider, but I am considering on '09 FEH, so I've been doing some research.
    All of this info comes from people in the know at here
    It won't make you any happier, but I was just in Denver the second week of April, to take in the "Frozen Four" and meet my cousin and his wife, who live in Longmont. I guess I should have stayed long enough to order my FEHL, right? Then again, I'm not sure I would want to drive back to the suburbs of DC as the first trip in the new vehicle. :D
  • hdtechhdtech Posts: 11
    thanks neuroboy. I have asked the dealer for a VIN but I dont think it would be there yet until they get an allocation.

The other details about the priority number is very interesting too.

Thanks for all the help from everyone. This site is awesome.
  • How long does it generally take to obtain the VIN number once the order is placed with the dealer. I ordered my FEHL on 06/24/08
  • rilian1rilian1 Posts: 3
    I ordered on 5/06/08 and received my VIN on 6/26/08. Car was built 7/08/08 and am told will arrive in Minnesota 7/28/08 or thereabouts.
  • bjcarterbjcarter Posts: 28
    I was told there is a weather delay on shipments. That was yesterday. Unfortunately, the dealer was unable to elaborate.
  • baraboodadbaraboodad Posts: 20
    Sounds like the Seattle dealers haven't changed a bit since I finished medical school and left there.....

Have they learned how to actually fix vehicles brought for maintenance?

(Dodge didn't have a clue on that, but was good at charging anyway!)

Wisconsin dealers at their worst are better than the Seattle dealers I dealt with... good luck anyway (and we have a real good dealer/Ford service shop in Reedsburg, WI, though it's not the closest to where I live.)

More to the point, I had my order for a green 09 FEH Limited 4WD placed on 6/30 or so. No VIN yet, but the order is in and accepted. Now in the waiting game...
    The key is dealer allocation. No allocation = No VIN = No vehicle. Ask your dealer if they have an allocation that they can use for your order. Until that happens, your order is going to sit in a "CLEAN/UNSCHED" state in the CONCEPS (ordering) system like my April 21 order is currently doing.

I went to my dealer Saturday and watched him log into the CONCEPS ordering system, pull up my order and show it to me. The top part of the screen shows the Order Type (1=Retail), Priority (mine happens to be 12, which is where the "ordering guy" at this dealer starts numbering type 1 orders) and when the status was last checked/updated (07/10 in my case). The bottom of the screen shows the "event history" of the order. Mine has a single line dated 4/21 showing when the order was accepted into the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB).

The ordering guy came over and said they are working to convince Ford to schedule my order to be built, but they are having trouble getting allocation. As soon as they do, since my order has the highest assigned priority number at this particular dealer, barring any "commodity issues", it will be scheduled first before the only other FEH order this dealer has taken.

Bottom line: Nothing is going to happen to move an order out of the USOB until the dealer gets an allocation slot to use to fulfill that order.
  • alfredckalfredck Posts: 9
    Re tax credit, does the 60,000 mark apply to just the Ford Escape, or both the Ford Escape and the Mercury Mariner? I'm wondering if we'd have higher chance of getting the tax credit with the Mariner Hybrid.
  • burnsvaburnsva Posts: 35
    The tax credit applies to the combined sales of the FEH and MMH.
  • ursacatursacat Posts: 32
    Hi all,

Just wanted to post an update.

FEH - Limited - X-Plan. Initial Delivery date 7/10/08. Sonoma County California.
    Have VIN / PIN/ Contract and production date.
    I'd like to thank all for their detailed analysis.

Checked with the dealer today. Has not arrived but "expected" delivery this coming week.

I hope I'm not the first one to receive!

I'll let you all know.

Regards,
  • cwgmlscwgmls Posts: 5
    Thanks to whoever posted the info on receiving tracking from Blueoval.com. In less than an hour (after I finally figured out how to post - you must click on "Post New Topic" way at the bottom), I received the following info on the AWD FEH Base Model, I ordered, as well as a pdf file of the sticker. Unfortunately, no ship date, yet.

Receipt Date: 5/9/2008
    Serialize Date: 5/22/2008
    Segment Date: 5/22/2008
    Sequence Date: 6/9/2008
    Blend Date: 6/13/2008
    Produced Date: 6/23/2008
    Gate Release Date:
    Ship Date:
    Arrival Date:
    Sold Date:

As far as pricing, I ordered mine through the Z Plan and the price was $27811.34. Thanks to another post, I also found out that the Priority Number I had was 11 - just one off of the highest. This is from a dealer in Central NJ.
  • hxciter1hxciter1 Posts: 4
    Ordered my FEH April 18th. and just got my Vin. today. Dealer said August 4th delivery date.

Ordered a FEH Limited 2wd with EVERYTHING. A-plan prize around $30,000 even.
    Location is Detroit, MI.. Will post when I receive it. Good luck to all, this forum has been very helpful.

Hxciter