Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• :confuse:

I am in the process of buying an '07 Escape Hybrid. The current $2,500 Customer Cash promotion will expire after a week (on 02/28). So what can we expect? Will Ford extend the promotion, maybe even raise the amount, or will the promotion just disappear? (In other words - should I hurry up and buy a car quick??)

$2,500 is a lot of money...
  • It's a gamble. 2008 models are arriving at dealerships every day, which usually means the incentive on the previous model will be around for a while. But you may want to act fast, just in case.

I didn't think there were very many 2007 hybrids left?
  • I just bought an '07 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, Premium, leather, GPS, etc etc. Stickered around $34, they offered me $27,800 including "undercoating" (I didn't think dealers did that any more) but no 0% interest. I took it. Maybe could have done better, but I'm happy.
    Paul
  • drdan3drdan3 Posts: 13
    Ford's only incentive was a 6.9% interest deal, which was no deal at all. I found that the best Ford dealer in the MD-DC-VA area was Castle/Crysall Ford in Silver Spring. In response to my query for a 2008 about 3 months ago, they promised to provide me first with a pricing sheet when it became available (which they did), and then quotes on incoming units. Their quotes were around invoice. I paid $27,900 for AWD, Premium package, Chrome, moonroof. This saved so much time compared to others who were evasive or who - in one case - quoted the MSRP and a "your price" with an asterik saying plus taxes, tages AND FREIGHT. The MSRP included the destination, but it was taken out of the "your price" quote... Thus far, no problems with the car...on the contrary it seems much more refined than the 2007 and worth the difference in cost. If you do spring for the nav kit, at least it is 'normally sized' although a bit pricey.
  • My wife ordered a 2008 Escape Hybrid AWD to replace her 04 Escape.
    Pretty much loaded with the exception of the chrome package. With the Military Assistance $500.00 cash back, close to invoice price, and the $2,200 tax deduction, I believe we did pretty well.
  • I just noticed that the $2500 incentive got extended 'til 04/02/07. However the is an extra $500 that we could get, and so far there is no word regarding if that one will be avail. in March... I am still sitting on the fence...
  • tclongtclong Posts: 6
    Got it today, Escape Hybrid 4WD w/premium pkg, audiophile, and moonroof. MSRP $30375, total invoice $28658. I qualify for X plan at $28620. They called today and offered it to me for $28200. I think $450 below invoice is a good deal for someone who can't get 'A' plan, so I took it.

The ride is still a little truck-like, but a huge improvement over the old one. I wish there was better quality on the interior, perhaps fewer separate pieces and better plastics. And what's the deal with the tiny cheap plastic glove box with no light? At least the huge console is big enough to store almost anything. Regardless, this vehicle is WAY better than before. It's noticeably more refined and quiet. I agree it's worth getting the '08, and re-sale should be better, as well.

The incentives on the leftover 07s are still $2500 cash plus $500 bonus cash, or low APR plus $500 bonus cash, expiration April 2. No incentives at all on the '08, but they were definitely willing to deal.
  • zoltanozoltano Posts: 6
    Galpin gave me the best deal. Dealt with internet manager. Received ~ $2500 dealer discount plus the $3000 Ford Cash plus I am eligible for the full 1950 tax credit on a new '07 4WD FEH.
    Final math: MSRP $33100 - $7500 incentives = roughly $25600 + tax (8.25% where I live in LA).

I got financing through Ford Credit but I am planning to pay the car off this year so I did not opt for the 0APR financing, rather took the $3000.

Hope this helps somebody.
  • tclongtclong Posts: 6
    Not that it matters, just an FYI for everyone, there are not "$7500 incentives" available on '07 Escapes.

The only incentive is $3000 from Ford.

Savvy buyers can negotiate an additional $2000 to $2500. Dealers want to move the last '07s which have been in stock since last fall, most of which are $33100 units equipped by Ford with their remaining old style nav systems.

The final $2000 in the example is a personal Federal income tax credit ($1950), which most buyers can claim next year against '07 income. Some buyers, like a retired person who pays no tax, would not get that. Also, people with other credits may get caught up in the AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax) if they try to claim a hybrid credit, too.

Also, sales tax is calculated on ~$27600, not $25600.

Again, not to nitpick, but just to point out that the example is not exactly a $25600 + tax purchase. It's still a great deal, though!
    Well said. I just did not have that much time to type...

:P
  • lhpmjplhpmjp Posts: 1
    Just picked-up a '07 FWD Hybrid with appearance pkg, safety and leather - stickered for $28,410. Got 3k off MSRP for 25,410 plus 3k rebate - final cost $22,410 plus T,L and doc fees. Very fair deal, especially with $2,600 tax credit yet to come on '07 taxes. Drew Ford in San Diego made the deal - easy to work with - no BS.

Let's hope that quality is there, as we are giving up a bullet-proof '02 Acura MDX for the green thing. Not to mention an increase in real word fuel economy from 16 MPG (premium fuel) for the Acura to 30 MPG (regular unleaded) in the Ford.

Good luck - deals on the '07's are still out there.
  • I work at Chatham Ford on Cape Cod. We have finally gotten our first 2008 Escape Hybrid. Very cool! Big changes from the 2007! We have had a couple of lookers so far, but it is still available. The sticker price is $29,850.00 and typically they would sell for close to that amount due to their scarcity at this time. Let's face it... it's a buyers market right now you can save money!
  • I am thinking of purchasing a 2WD Hybrid Escape from Galpin during the next week. How did you get the $2,500 dealer discount -- their internet manager tells me that does not exist. They also claim to not have any Escape Hybrids that do not have all of the expensive options and packages -- meaning, no base model -- so, you are stuck with paying for stuff you don't want or need.

I will likely try another dealer that can get me closer to the $22,000 price point (meaning, I get both dealer and Man. incentives, plus some of the packages without getting gauged for stuff I don't need). Thanks.
  • lv031170lv031170 Posts: 3
    I purchased an '08 FEH three weeks ago. I live in Boulder, Colorado and the sticker price was $29,175. I was able to get it for $27,238 because I used my COSTCO membership warehouse auto buyer program. After searching all 15 Ford dealers in the entire Denver Metro area, there were only two '08 FEH's that were not fully loaded with sticker prices at $32,500.

I did not want the $2,695 Navigation system nor the moonroof and was able to find 2 without these options. 2WD doesn't even exist out here. No one in Colorado would buy one. All in all, I think I got a good price considering there are no incentives out on the '08 yet.
    Yepp, it does not exist - that is something that YOU have to negotiate off the MSRP... I was able to do that, but mine was fully loaded (MSRP 33100) so maybe they are more willing to sell those at (in my case slightly below)Invoice.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
    A reporter for a weekend news program is looking to interview consumers in the Los Angeles area who are interested in purchasing a hybrid. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, March 22, 2007 with your daytime contact info.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Wow, hard to find 08 hybrids here but I did close the deal last week on a fully loaded black one. Drove the Mariner hyrbid first and was shocked at how different it drove, sounded, and felt from the Escape although they are supposedly in the same blood line. After much BS, I got mine for $1000 below MSRP and then saved an additional $1000 in rebates for college grad/auto show promotion. Hard to get right at full invoice when they are so new and scarce but I'm pleased.(trade in on mine was quite sweet to boot). Nice quiet ride, Nav/Sirius/Moonroof were worth the bucks. Averaging around 33 MPG thus far.
  • I'm debating purchasing the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 2WD.

Originally, I thought I'd get a better deal on a 2007 model because of all the extra incentives. The vehicle has a base MSRP of $25,655.00 and a base invoice of $24,198.00. Accounting for dealer holdback (3% off total MSRP), Blue Oval holdback (additional 1.25% off total invoice), and current factory-to-dealer rebate of $500.00, I've come up with a dealer cost of $22,625.88. Add in the destination charge and subtract the $3000.00 in customer rebates, and I'm down to $20,290.88 for the base model. Anyway, after adding in all the options I want (Premium Package, Safety Package, and Moonroof) and my local tax rate, I've come up with a total w/options cost of $25,987.30. That's $7,397.40 off MSRP & $5,031.48 off invoice). Take out another $2600 for the tax credit, and I'm down to $23,387.30. Then, of course, I have to add in *some* profit for the dealer.

Now, here's the issue... Going through all that rigamarole with the 08 model has given me a total cost of $25,698.23 (after the $3000 tax credit and, again, I have to add in profit), which is $2310.93 more than the 07, and only $4336.67 off MSRP and $1,873.23 off invoice... That really seems crazy to me, based on previous vehicles I've purchased (course, they've always been marked up more than the Escape).

Anyway, I've read--from Ford--that the 08 is slated to have an 11% better residual value than the 07 model... If that's the case, it might be worth it just to go for the 08. That, coupled with all the new features, may be my best choice. Of course, the drastic markdown in the 08 will certainly have a negative effect on the prior models' resale value, anyway.

It should also be noted that I used this same formula with both the 07 and 08 Mariners. Oddly enough, both of them came in at just over $200 more than the 08 Escape... So the 08 Mariner is on my mind too. *sigh*

Any thoughts before I purchase?
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A large local newspaper is looking to interview consumers who are considering purchasing a Ford vehicle. If you are interested in speaking to the reporter, please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 20, 2007 with your daytime contact info.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• treagantreagan Posts: 6
    I'm in the same boat, but in so cal. all the 07's are fairly loaded. I'm assuming that when more 07's are gone, the big rebate will shift to the 08. I'm also looking hard at a Prius.