Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• mickeyrommickeyrom Posts: 936
    Just to think I was just recently reading how they couldnt get rid of the Esacape and Merc. Hybrids.Times sure change. :sick:
  • sksuhsksuh Posts: 13
    Hooray!

Just noticed that my factory ordered Ice Blue FEH (4WD, moonroof, premium package) has appeared on the dealer lot today. Ordered on May 16 and received on Aug 13. Actual "delivery" likely to occur within a day or two.

Another 2008 FEH will be on the road in the Canadian Rockies shortly.

Stephen
    Canmore, AB
  • I just ordered our 08 FEH. I'm the 3rd FEH on order for my dealer. I'm a bit skeptical I'll see this truck anytime soon as he showed me his order sheet and his first order was placed on 6/9 and there was no build date scheduled for that truck yet. Ford better get their act together...
  • I ordered my 08 FEH May 21 and was getting nowhere with the dealer (who is usually pretty good). On Aud 6 I emailed the two people at Ford, shown in previous threads, and got a call the very next day from an area Cust Svc rep at Ford. He told me my car had not gone into production because they were backed up for two main reasons: (1) NYC is converting their taxi fleet to FEB (true), and the batteries are back ordered (I think I understood the batteries to come from Toyota and they are coming in from California). Bottom line is he said he was putting a priority on my car and scheduling it into the production run. It's supposed to be ready in 5 - 6 more weeks. So, lessons learned: (1)Add on another month or two to the "promise" date from the dealer, and (2) bug the people at Ford, who are responsive, and may be able to help you more than the dealer.
    As usual Ford is putting corporate ahead of the "little"people.I would tell them that they can sell their non hybrids to NYC too.Frankly,I gave up on my plans to purchase a Ford hybrid.They irritated me to the point where I completely lost interest.I get better mileage on my KIA on the highway anyway.And they wonder why people aren't buying American. :mad:
  • mecheng1mecheng1 Posts: 161
    The batteries are made to a Ford design spec by Sanyo of Japan (don't know where they actually assemble them). Toyota is not involved.

It is probably another case of US Corporate thinking that is too short-term. The US mfrs react too quickly to a market that goes soft (hybrids a little over a year ago when gas prices went down)....and they can't react quick enough when markets pick-up (like the hybrid market has since May of this year) because they never increased their commitment to the hybrid market. They chose to add a Mazda Tribute Hybrid without adding any mfg capacity at the plant in Kansas City or ramping up their orders of HVBatterys or eCVTs. :(
    I didnt know that Mazda made a hybrid.
    Remember, the Escape, the Mariner, and the Tribute have all been assembled at the same plant in Kansas City and they have always shared lots of common parts. All three share identical hybrid components. Sheet metal and other items make them different. ;)
  • rmcleodrmcleod Posts: 1
    I am in Connecticut, ordered my FEH 7/9/2007 from Colonial Ford of Danbury was told that it would be a 3 month waiting period before it would be close to being ready. Received a call one week later stating that my specifications will fit (FEH Optioned OuT) a order ready for production also gave me the Vin # Said to look for it by late August or early September. Is this possible ???
  • gil369gil369 Posts: 4
    Any opinions on what I should do with this?

In CA, Ford advertises on TV using yourcaliforniaford.com for all their promotions. So, I've been looking at that site for rebate info on the 08 FEH and last week it showed that they were offering an $8500 rebate. Surprising? Of course...but, I called the dealer to check it out and he said there was no promo like that running. He said it was a mistake on the website and that they couldn't offer it. I have printouts of the offer, etc. but they still won't honor it.

The website was "mysteriously" updated the next day to reflect the correct $500 rebate, but I still have proof that the $8500 rebate was listed on the site (and I had "Clicked here to request this offer"). What is the legality behind this? Isn't there some sort of rule that says they have to honor an advertised price or something? Thoughts?
    My daughter cancelled her order for a Mariner(Merc)hybrid and bought a Toyota Highlander hybrid.They just got tired of the game playing by the Ford Motor Company.
    Too bad. The Highlander gets about 20% - 25% less gas mileage....25mpg vs. 30mpg (on average as reported by owners.) At 25mpg she could have gone with a Subaru or other models that get close to that. Unless of course she needs the seating and space that comes with a HiHy...then she made a good choice. :D
    She didnt ask me for advice.Not only is the mileage not as good as the Mariner,the Highlander cost approx $10 K more.The loaded versions of both are about that much apart.They just got tired of waiting,and they managed to buy the last hybrid SUV in the state.
    My son in law said that they were averaging something like 30MPG,but maybe thats only on the trip computer.It does definitely ride better than the Escape though.Otherwise the Ford product is a much better value.
    BTW I dont believe the 4WD Escape will average 30MPG,but the 2WD will.
  • dhuang2dhuang2 Posts: 15
    I think Ford should increase the output rate to not to push petential customers away. I believe the Hilander Hybrid is also a nice car, but I incline to 2008 Escape's new styling and better mpg. According to Real Hybrid Mileage Database (http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/) the 2WD and 4WD Escape (2007 and 2008) gets to 32 mpg and 29 mpg respectively. I believe the mpg should be higher (1~2 mpg) for pure 2008 model.
    The online database, as reported tank-by-tank by real drivers shows:

2wd HiHy (52 participants) 26.3 mpg average
    2wd FEH (163 participants) 31.8 mpg average

(I quoted 25 and 30 to account for 4wd) Anyway, its a 5mpg difference when comparing apples to apples.

The HiHy is a great vehicle, it's just not as much of an environmentally friendly alternative - unless it is replacing a Tahoe, a Yukon, Expedition, etc. on the road. Happy motoring. :D
    I visit the same site for my MPG information.
  • It just came in and I was lucky enough to pick it up for 32500C$ plus taxes (which the rebates should more or less offset). It is a FWD with leather, so far over 550kms and still on the first tank...should easily hit 700km. This is with city driving and a trip up to whistler for the weekend (from Vancouver).
    How many miles is 700km?...$32,500....or is that Canadian money?
    $32,500 would be would be over list.I dont know at what rate Canadian dollars exchange with American.
  • 700km = ~435miles, 32500 is Canadian $, and you cannot just use the exchange rate as the msrp is higher up here the in the US. 32500 was out the door including doc fees etc.
    Just out of curiosity,just what options do you have? :confuse: