Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High-End European Luxury Sedans

191011121315»

Comments

• paldipaldi Posts: 210
    You are probably right!

image :P
  • paldipaldi Posts: 210
    Sure is quiet around here. I installed a mesh grill for a change of pace but now the car is in having a new transmission installed under warranty.

• esfesf Posts: 1,020
    Very nice! Now, all you need is a Bentley badge on the front grille... no one will notice...
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,013
    A reporter with a national newspaper is hoping to talk with consumers who have received or are giving a luxury car as a gift for Christmas. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 8, 2006 with your daytime contact info.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I am thinking about leasing a used
    745i/S500/CLS500 and would like to find out what are the pros/cons of each car. :confuse:
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    Here you go. I can give you my own personal buyer's guide...

745i-
    Pros: well-built, best-in-class handling, controversial styling
    Cons: anti-ergonomic controls (not just iDrive- check the seat controls), not the most powerful big sedan out there, controversial styling

S500-
    Pros: elegant inside and out, good torque, prestige
    Cons: everyone has one, some materials on the inside are surprisingly cheap, and it was probably the least-powerful $90K car on the market back in 2005

CLS500-
    Pros: gorgeous inside and out, S500's engine in a smaller package
    Cons: only comes with four seats, rear doors are terrible for entry/exit, overpriced for an E-Class reskin

They're all nice cars, but it depends on your priorities. 7 Series is a bit more cold and business-like, but very competent. S-Class is more feminine and smooth, but could use a nicer interior (S550's interior is a huge improvement in every area). CLS is not practical by any means, but it sacrifices that for great style.

If I were in your position, I'd add the Audi A8L to my short list. It has...

Pros: standard AWD, best-in-class engine from '03-'05, class-leading interior design/space/materials, elegant exterior
    Cons: lacks S-Class's prestige, handling isn't quite as good as BMW's but better than S-Class

Or, you could even consider a great deal on an '06 LS430 before Lexus dealers only have LS460s. If you don't care about performance.

Just my two cents.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • murphdog1murphdog1 Posts: 11
    Where did you get the grill and GT rims?

My lease is up in the fall, any news from anyone who got VW to negotiate and move down on the residuals that were part of the 04 lease program when everything was subvented $10K. I am seeing $29K-$34K for 04's with under 35K miles. I love this car so much, I hope they wheel and deal so I can buy it outright, but the current residuals are north of $40K.

BTW, my dealer today told me that they are going to start importing the short wheelbase Phaeton for 2008.
This discussion has been closed.