Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew MPG-Real World Numbers

1235»

Comments

• amsbearamsbear Posts: 147
    BTW, my dealer charged me $107 + tax. If you are not in a hurry, I am sure you can get a better price online.

I used a Subaru Bucks coupon so it was only $15 out of pocket.

Alan
    98 OBW Ltd
  • Subaru bucks, how do you get those? Are they available in Canada?
  • amsbearamsbear Posts: 147
    Chase offers a Subaru credit card where as you spend on the card, you accumulate points (3%). The dealers honor these for parts, service, and car purchases.

I'm not sure about the Canada availability. Take a look at the Chase credit card site for details.

Alan
    98 OBW Ltd
  • stantontstantont Posts: 148
    '08 OB XT turbo, MT5. First trip after breakin. Approx 2500 miles at start. 75-80 mph on cruise control. [Included about 50 miles of letting family try out the car in New Orleans; that particular tankful only came to 23 mpg(!).]

TOTAL: 103.0 gallons for 2839 miles equals 27.56 mpg. Wouldn't be surprised to see it creep to 28+ by 20k miles.

MPG indicator is about 10-15 % low; it read 25.2 mpg for trip. At first I was pretty disappointed in "mileage" until I realized the trip MPG calculator was off.

Looks like the new EPA test routine (18 city, 24 highway, Hah!) is pretty hostile to the turbo. I routinely get 22-23 city, and the highway mileage speaks for itself.
  • 10years10years Posts: 48
    03 Forester, 4 EAT, 83 K miles.

Last year, June 2007, I'd been averaging about 25.5 mpg. But now I'm averaging a touch better than 28 mpg over the last three fill-ups. Although I'm not a hyper-miling purist, I've kinda of:
    1. Inflated tires a couple pounds more than the door placard shows.
    2. Slowed down to not exceed speed limits very much and mostly stay in the right lane.
    3. Look far ahead to anticipate conditions to better to take advantage of coasting and light touch braking to minimize full dead stops and starts.
    4. Go light on the accelerator.

On the downside my 26 mile compute time is extended about 5 minutes and the brakes have developed a light squeal.

Have Fun,
    Ted
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The brakes probably do that because you rarely use them! ;)
1235»
This discussion has been closed.