Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Real World MPG

1139140141142143145»

Comments

• dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,407
    Both are quiet. Look at Consumer Reports for the full test. Sams club has $70 off on 4 Michelin right now - helps a little.
  • zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 66

I own a 2013 accord lx with cvt. so far I average 24.5 on regular city driving. I live in queens ny and I commute to manhattan everyday. Highway the speeds the car provides better mpg about 33 to 34 mpg at 65mph. I do not speed above 60 mph and I avoid stop and go traffic. I think Honda could do a better job with this car still a bit noisey...

• zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 66

Clearly when I travel from NYC to Philladelphia, the car gets closer to 34MPG just on highway driving. A/C seems to dampen the economy mode but overall its not a bad car to go from point a to b. I think I am willing to try Hyundai next time, It seems like you get more for the money!

• rbell2rbell2 Posts: 179

Last week I bought a 2012 Accord EXL, 4-Cyl, 4-Door, Auto. It had 30,900 miles. I drive 116 miles round trip to work each day. It is about 36 miles interstate, 70 miles 4-lane highway, and 10 miles in town. I got about 30.5 mpg on this first tank (516 miles divided by 16.9 gallons). I was driving a 4-cyl 2008 Accord (my son has it now) and it was averaging about 27.5mpg for the same trip. So the additional 3mpg they show for this newer 4-cyl seems to be real! Very glad - I need every mpg I can get but just don't want to have to step down to the size of a Civic to get more. All in all, I am happy.

• sdasda Posts: 308

12000 miles on my 2013 Accord EX bought new 9/5/13. No issues, trip b never reset, 33.8 mpg. Reset on its own at 10000 mi. Now showing 33.9 mpg on 2000 miles. No complaints here. Really happy with car as a whole and very pleased with mpg.

• solarijoesolarijoe Posts: 6

Just filled up my 2014 LX-CVT for the first time - 33.3 mpg. My travel is typically 70%/30% interstate/local. The mileage computer is showing commutes in the 39 mpg range. Very happy with that mileage so far. I haven't used the Econ button yet - the Honda salesman recommended against it when using the AC. Any experience (pro or con) with the Econ button?

• suydamsuydam Posts: 883

I leave it on all the time. All it does with AC is the AC is not quite as cold which is fine with me. I don't live in a hot climate. I've had my Accord a year. Mileage in the winter has been 33 hwy and 27 around town. Last summer with warm weather gas more like 36 hwy 30 around town. Love it.

edited April 15

Two oldest are tanks from Jan and Feb mostly city driving and cold. The 38.9 is mostly highway with a week of short trips in town. The current is all highway at a little over 60 mph.

mpg.jpg 222.3K
  • solarijoesolarijoe Posts: 6

The 45.9 mpg looks amazing, but I believe it after owning the Accord. Based upon casual observation, seems like I'm getting better mpg at 65 mph than at 55-60mph. Does this make sense?

@solarijoe said: The 45.9 mpg looks amazing, but I believe it after owning the Accord. Based upon casual observation, seems like I'm getting better mpg at 65 mph than at 55-60mph. Does this make sense?

Could be possible with the CVT on undulating terrain that keeps it from staying at the lowest rpm. Impossible for a manual like mine.