Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Real World MPG

1919293949597»

Comments

• dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,456
    Both are quiet. Look at Consumer Reports for the full test. Sams club has $70 off on 4 Michelin right now - helps a little.
  • zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 67

I own a 2013 accord lx with cvt. so far I average 24.5 on regular city driving. I live in queens ny and I commute to manhattan everyday. Highway the speeds the car provides better mpg about 33 to 34 mpg at 65mph. I do not speed above 60 mph and I avoid stop and go traffic. I think Honda could do a better job with this car still a bit noisey...

• zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 67

Clearly when I travel from NYC to Philladelphia, the car gets closer to 34MPG just on highway driving. A/C seems to dampen the economy mode but overall its not a bad car to go from point a to b. I think I am willing to try Hyundai next time, It seems like you get more for the money!

• rbell2rbell2 Posts: 179

Last week I bought a 2012 Accord EXL, 4-Cyl, 4-Door, Auto. It had 30,900 miles. I drive 116 miles round trip to work each day. It is about 36 miles interstate, 70 miles 4-lane highway, and 10 miles in town. I got about 30.5 mpg on this first tank (516 miles divided by 16.9 gallons). I was driving a 4-cyl 2008 Accord (my son has it now) and it was averaging about 27.5mpg for the same trip. So the additional 3mpg they show for this newer 4-cyl seems to be real! Very glad - I need every mpg I can get but just don't want to have to step down to the size of a Civic to get more. All in all, I am happy.

• sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 332

12000 miles on my 2013 Accord EX bought new 9/5/13. No issues, trip b never reset, 33.8 mpg. Reset on its own at 10000 mi. Now showing 33.9 mpg on 2000 miles. No complaints here. Really happy with car as a whole and very pleased with mpg.

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX

• solarijoesolarijoe Posts: 6

Just filled up my 2014 LX-CVT for the first time - 33.3 mpg. My travel is typically 70%/30% interstate/local. The mileage computer is showing commutes in the 39 mpg range. Very happy with that mileage so far. I haven't used the Econ button yet - the Honda salesman recommended against it when using the AC. Any experience (pro or con) with the Econ button?

• suydamsuydam Posts: 1,034

I leave it on all the time. All it does with AC is the AC is not quite as cold which is fine with me. I don't live in a hot climate. I've had my Accord a year. Mileage in the winter has been 33 hwy and 27 around town. Last summer with warm weather gas more like 36 hwy 30 around town. Love it.

edited April 15

Two oldest are tanks from Jan and Feb mostly city driving and cold. The 38.9 is mostly highway with a week of short trips in town. The current is all highway at a little over 60 mph.

mpg.jpg 222.3K
  • solarijoesolarijoe Posts: 6

The 45.9 mpg looks amazing, but I believe it after owning the Accord. Based upon casual observation, seems like I'm getting better mpg at 65 mph than at 55-60mph. Does this make sense?

@solarijoe said: The 45.9 mpg looks amazing, but I believe it after owning the Accord. Based upon casual observation, seems like I'm getting better mpg at 65 mph than at 55-60mph. Does this make sense?

Could be possible with the CVT on undulating terrain that keeps it from staying at the lowest rpm. Impossible for a manual like mine.

• suydamsuydam Posts: 1,034

I just got over 40 mpg on a 500 mile trip from Philadelphia to Ohio and back (shrank to 35 mpg in the 18 miles of bumper to bumper Philly section of the trip). This is. 2013 Honda Accord 4 cyl CVT.

• butcherboybutcherboy Posts: 7
    edited June 6

I just picked up my new 2014 Honda Accord lx auto last week. First tank full 480 miles 50/50 highway / city 33.16 MPG, AC was on all the time. I am a happy camper.

23000 miles on my 2013 Accord EX and have averaged over 34 mpg since new one year this Friday. Often see high 30s on longer drives while driving 65-75. No issues, a joy to drive and own.

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,786
    edited September 2

2013 CVT. Got 38 mpg on a recent 90 mi highway trip. AC was on the whole way, 60-70 mph.

My 40 mile each way commute is 70 % interstate, remainder stop and go and rural. Trip B has not been reset in 8000 mi and is reading 35.1 mpg. Starting to decrease due to cold weather. I am very pleased, especially after reading many hybrids are not getting that much higher gas mileage. I don't hyper mile, drive conservatively yet keep up with the flow and occasionally have fun and press the pedal to the carpet.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,980
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a Honda Accord (2014 or 2015), a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 22, 2014, for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://tinyurl.com/o8uzder

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I own a 2012 Honda Accord and find that my range is minimum 450 miles and maximum (so far) of ~530 miles on a single tank of gas.

When researching the car I remember reading a review (it may even have been Edmunds) in which the reviewers couldn't get 500 miles out of a tank.

...I've done 500+ more than a few times.

I engage a fwy heavy commute, use Chevron regular unleaded fuel and service it according to schedule. I've used full synthetic oil but not consistently.