Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z and 370Z engine and exterior tuneups

louiloui Posts: 4
edited April 10 in Nissan
Hello, im Allan
i just got a 350z 2003 for my first car....it is black on black...... and i really wanted to sup this car up.. i want headers, intake,,(loud, nice puring)exhaust, coolers, HID lights, lambo doors, and more stuff done to my enigne....
i was wondering off all you good people of edmunds could recommend,,what parts, the top name brand,, and the order in which i would install the parts......also i was thinkin of lamborghini doors,,which pop out and go directly vertical instead of those other brands that go vertical/horizantal...which would inflict in me parking...

so please help me and tell me wat you thiink

thank yall

Comments

• 350matz350matz Posts: 3
    I have put in a Injen cold air intake and an injen true duel ses exhaust and i love it i have noticed a significant power gain in the 3500 + rpm range i am considering header but at this point i do not even know if it pays cause u are not goin to get that much more power from what i have herd and after the exhaust its pretty load but if u did i would go for brola.
    Does any one know any thing on Proformance ecu's and what chips are good for the Z also if they make any where you can change the profomance chariteristics in the car with out using a laptop?
  • turbodude84turbodude84 Posts: 26
    I have heard that there is turbo kits out there for that car and it makes about 390 or so HP... they are around 5600 dollars or so

Later Derek
  • louiloui Posts: 4
    naaa im not up to the turbo ye...and before i get a turbo i have to put everything i want in the engine before i put that bad boy on

but what brand do yall think would give me the most hp and also for the exhaust would be the loudest....and for the intake...which one is the brand(iforgot the name) that when your car switches gear, its makes it sound like you have a turbo

and what do yall think about fuel injectors and headers, along with the basic i want exhaust, and intake
    what else? and what brand,,,and what order should they be installed in
    well so far it seems like ima adding:
    Borla Stainless Steel True Dual Exhaust
    Injen cold air intake (not that sure on this intake tho any suggesting?)
    Crawford Headers

im still looking for a good intercooler....fuel injectors....and a good set of lambo doors
    so im still lookin for a good coolers

and maybe somethign else i dnt know about i need advice and suggestions
    why would u put an itercooler in u have no need for one and fuel injector at this point is a waist of $$$ get springs instead it will make a would of difference in handling
    ok heres my final list for the engine,,,but i still need advice on which lambo doors..indash...and any other suggestions?...
    bora dual exhaust
    greedy or AEM intake
    greddy headers,downpipe, and when i got enough turbokti with injectors
    intercooler
    fuel managment system
    boost controller
    and blow off valve
  • pre452pre452 Posts: 1
    I have 2003 350Z. I already have the cold air intake which is giving me about 11 more HP. I was wondering if there was anything else I could do besides something like a turbo kit, that would increase my HP and possibly my MPG. I have heard a few people mention chips, but don't know exactly what that will do or how much they cost. If someone could help me out to figure out some things to do that are on the less expensive end, that would be great.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    There is really nothing that will increase your MPG. Some may CLAIM your mileage will go up, but its highly unlikely. I used to get 25 mpg average in my Z with about 70% highway driving and a very heavy foot the other 30%. I thought that was just phenomenal mileage.

Anyway, have you checked out the intake plenum replacements? They used to have a spacer you could buy that improved fuel delivery, but I heard from an owner just the other weekend that there is now a complete replacement plenum that will work with the stock shock brace.

What have you done in the tire department? The stock Z tires would go up in smoke on the stock engine output, so upgrading to better tires would help launches the most.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• A turbo would consume more gas, but you'd definitely get more HP.

Some chips work, some don't. It really depends on the reputation of the vendor. I myself wouldn't install a chip unless you could speak with another 350Z owner who did it and has evidence that it worked (that is, a dyno slip).

Better fuel mileage and more power are incompatible concepts IMO.
  • fochfoch Posts: 4
    I have a stock 2005 350Z and want to improve performance. There are a lot of suggestions out there but I want to know if someone has come across an improvement that offered surprising results (HP, cornering, etc.) at an affordable price.

foch.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    WElll... depends on how you define "surprising" and "affordable."

Actual dyno sheets have shown the popcharger can net 10hp. For the money, I'd say that's a deal.

The biggest bang, of course, is the turbo, but it is anything but cheap.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• Can anyone tell me how the "Nissan" 350Z hood and trunk emblems are secured to the body and how to remove them?
    Jon
  • zbartzbart Posts: 1
    I used wd-40. Work it into and around emblem backside with a small plastic knife, I even have used a metal one coated with vaseline (careful). Take your time, once the emblem begins to release you can then pull it loose and apply the wd-40 behind it as you go. After the emblem is off just work the residue off with the remaining wd-40. Takes time but I to like the new symbols better. zbart
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,916
    Some people have used dental floss or lightweight monofilament fishing line with good results. Softening the adhesive a little with a heat gun can also help, but careful with the heat. Goo-gone is another option for getting rid of the residue.
  • i have a 2004 350z with popcharger, testpipes and injen ses exhaust on the way...alng wit some other stuff...but my good friends 350z is turboed and nothing but problems and headaches.....supercharging is diff better ..im considering doing it evenutally...not to mention more reliable.]

LAtr joe
  • vservvserv Posts: 1
    I am looking for a billet fuel door for a 2004 coupe. Anyone know where I can find one?

vs
  • mahoffmahoff Posts: 1
    I want to get a turbo kit for my 05 350z but im not sure which one will give me the most horsepower. Does anyone have any suggestions for a turbo kit?
  • zkashzkash Posts: 3
    Guys,

Please help me out over here. I am thinking about getting HID bulbs but I don't know if my car have the HID capability. I don't really wana get those coversion kits...

Anybody has similar experience?

Thanks

Zmike
  • any one think that good tires will help me out. i installed stillen stainless steel headers. a high performance clutch kit an AEM intake and an HKS exhaust system. my car stock would do 14.5 sec on the quarter mile. and now it seems like im doing 14.9 that sucks. when i step on it the car is peeling out fish tailing and bouncing heavy like a little ball and i end up losing against a st0ck 350z. they told me something about some semi slick tires because the dyno reported i should do @ 13.2 seconds at the qrt. mile. between 99 & 102 mph i need good advice can some one hook me up
This discussion has been closed.