Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Murano vs Toyota Highlander vs Subaru B9 Tribeca vs Honda Pilot

1212223242527»

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,400
    If cargo space is a big concern then opt for the highlander. The rest is more subjective than objective.
  • I just went through the same comparison you did, and ended up buying a loaded Murano SL AWD. I've had nothing but Toyota's for the past 15 years, and the Murano just felt better to me. The Highlander is nice, but the interior left me cold. Good luck in your decision, I don't think you'll go wrong with either one.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I don't like that the HL's 3rd row doesn't split fold, but that's not an issue for you.

If the Nissan felt better, you should pick that. :shades:
  • morey000morey000 Posts: 354
    Certainly no bad choices in this bunch, and your pro/con list is right on.
    One thing that I'd add is that you can actually take the Tribeca off road. The AWD system is far superior in poor traction conditions, dirt AND snow. The Murano is probably the best road feel/handling of them. Also the best looking.
  • iomaticiomatic Posts: 48
    … in various combinations of snow, dirt, racing. And in racing, you can translate a lot of learned information and physics to the more mundane driving world.

All the silly armchair analyses here miss a couple things:

a) it's not the car that wins these WRC examples, it's actually … drumroll … the driver/team.
    b) it's the tires
    c) and then it's the suspension, body-weight ratio, and finally, maybe of the least importance: AWD/4WD system.

You give me the above, say, caged, prepped Ford Fiesta with FWD, and you take a big, fat SUV with summer tires, dual-zone aircon, seat heaters, chrome bumper and blingy wheels on a dirt road, and I'm pretty sure I'd win. Heck, my preteen kids would handily beat you.

So we ended up with a Highlander because 90% of the time it's pavement, and the rest is dirt, mud and snow. We thought the Land Rover Discovery would be overkill.

Love,
    io :P
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Well, the driver is the same (you), and all the tires here are probably M+S rated, so the difference on the road will end up being (c) above.
This discussion has been closed.