Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 950
    If my car was under warranty and someone else is going to pay for the repairs, I would definately take it to the dealer for repairs. By doing that, Infiniti and your dealer can't claim that the accident was not fixed completely...or that something failed due to the accident. Alternatively, if your dealer farms out body work, find out what body shop they use and use that shop. They can't claim that you used a shop that didn't fix things correctly.

Sorry to hear of your problems...best of luck
  • I get very hot air from my vents with the outside air vent on and AC off. I would like to know who else has this problem and how to get Infiniti to fix it.
    This happens on my 2007 M35.
    With the engine fully warmed up turn off the climate control system so the AC doesn’t go on. Push button “intake air control” for outside air. Set “mode” for floor vent only. Turn fan speed to medium or high. I tested this with the outside temperature at around 65-70 degrees. After a few minutes I tested the temperature of the air coming in from the floor vent, it’s 105 degrees and the floor next to the gas peddle is quite warm.

I took the car to Infiniti Service at the dealership and they said they all are like that; it’s designed to take the air across the engine and into the car. If the engine is hot then you get the hot air. The only way to not get hot air is to turn on the AC.
  • bobicgbobicg Posts: 15
    All,

I had my 06 M35x into the Cincinnati Infiniti dealer on 11/9 to fix this problem.

Here is what was done and it worked:

Gear & linkage - 49001-EH11A
    Power steering fluid - 999MP-AG000P

Thanks to mule714 for pointing me in the right direction.
  • Went to pick up our new black M35 and found numerous scratches and a couple of chips in the paint. They sent it to the body shop to try and buff out the scratches, but when we went back today a number of the scratches are still there. We refussed the car as we think it should be in better conditon. The dealership said black has this problem and we should choose another color. Any comments? Again this is a NEW car. Thanks.
  • bocatripbocatrip Posts: 194
    Yes, It's true that black will show absolutely everything. Also, I would not take the car if it was not perfect. If I were you, I would choose another color as you will be finding scratches and swirl marks on Black all the time.
  • art234art234 Posts: 103
    Greg,

I had Infiniti change the y pipe, plus they found the metal shield in the drive tunnel behind that pipe was not loose but needed to be torqued. So far the problem is gone, and it's been a few weeks.

I still have the problem with hard shifting from 2-3 when the car is cold, and when its about 20 outside it takes a long time to go away. The dealer says its normal, I am not sure it is....

Thanks for the hint-it worked.
  • I have a black M35 (2007) and it absolutely flawless - not a single scratch or issue to be addressed. Is it harder to keep clean - you bet. Is it easier to show scratches - sure, just try a dirty cloth to wash and smile at all the scratches. Is it beautiful when clean and liquid shiny - nothing can match its beauty.

Refuse the car, if the dealer doesn't replace it, then walk (no - - run ) to another dealer and see if they will match the offer.
    When I picked my car up new 04 G35 Coupe, the salesman had it in the showroom so that I could inspect every inch inside and out.
  • Now that's the way a dealership should act. The dealership sent the black one back to dealer where it came from and we are back to square one. Funny thing was they said we weren't cut out to have a black car! Gee, wanting a new car to look new no matter what color is reasonable in my opinion. I have a 2001 Lexus and it still looks new! Oh, but it's silver. Now we just have to hope they have canceled the loan.
    Make sure they don't charge you one nickel! Get the car you want in new new condition.
  • All,
    We recently got our '06 M35 back from the body shop after a collision damage repair. Now, when ever I start the car, I hear a beeping noise. This goes away after some time. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    Is the seatbelt lamp on? Might not have reinstalled the connection.
  • James,
    Thanks for your input.

The seat belt lamp is all right. However, there is another lamp which is on. It's like a crown symbol. Any idea what it might be or whether that is driviing this beeping noise?

Thanks,
  • nycdudenycdude Posts: 33
    Just a guess, but could it be your tire pressure sensor?
  • Lane Departure Warning?
  • I have had to replace the steering rrack now twice in one year and my car only has 30,000k m on it.

We become aware of the problem because of a front noise everytime we turn right!

Is this a known problem? and what can cause something like this to happen so quickly?
  • njm35njm35 Posts: 7
    I have had ths problem for some time now. The dealer the first time I took it in said yes we know of the problem and there is no fix. After that he played dumb. I have had it in twice and the last time they replaced the power stearing pump. The noise slowed down but it was still there. Now it is back stronger and I have to take it back again. I think this may come into the lemon law area???
  • dhellerdheller Posts: 28
    I've been on these sites quite a bit, along with other forums, and have not seen any mention of this problem. I'd try the service manager again, then go to the East Coast region which is located in Franklin TN for assistance. I thought I had written down the address (should I need it), but just can't put my hands on it now..
  • bobicgbobicg Posts: 15
    Go to this message and read this thread, it may be helpful:

Messsage #840 of 866
    Re:Front end noise [bobicg] by mule714
    Sep 11, 2007 (8:33 pm)
    I am on many of the Infiniti forums and this absolutely the first time I have ever heard about steering rack problems with any of the models. Make sure the dealer makes good. Good luck.
  • I just purchased a left-over M35x w/tech package--diamond graphite w/charcoal in Jan 08'. The car is beautiful but the steering scares me. The car has a little over 400 miles and I want to give it back. On a perfectly smooth road the car performs well, but if there is any any little imperfections in the road it pulls and you fight with the wheel. I thought I was nuts, but after reading some other complaints on this site I know I'm ok. The dealer says that there are no "known Problems" regarding the steering....

I have owned many Nissan/Infiniti's and have never experienced a problem such as this. The car goes into the dealer next Monday.. I'll keep you posted.
  • kiwikkiwik Posts: 10
    Hmmm--- I am the original owner of a 2006 M35X with 15K miles on it and I thought I was nuts!! All of a sudden I started noticing this steering wheel issue a few weeks ago and really thought it was my imagination. When traveling down a major interstate and then when on the ruts where the trucks have damaged the road - I have been noticing that I too am "fighting" with the steering wheel. Last week I thought I was going to loose control of the car. I am a 100 lb. female and could barely get a hold of the wheel as it was veering to the left so bad then swayed to the right.....I will be curious to hear your outcome. I have an appt. for an oil change on Feb. 2 and am calling the dealer today to make them aware of this issue. I am the primary driver of the car, but do not drive the car that much - as I work from my home. This weekend we are heading to the mountains, my husband is going to drive and see if he notices anything. He doesn't drive the car, because the headlights drive him crazy in the evening even though they have been adjusted twice. I do agree, however, with the other reply where the person said they had not heard of any steering wheel issues - I have not either and get these forum updates daily! Anyway, I just love the car!
  • kiwikkiwik Posts: 10
    Well I just spoke to my husband tonight on this issue - his opinion is that its the tires causing the car to sway and my steering problem. He thinks I run the car with way too much air in the tires which makes sense to me. To come to think of it, I did recently fill the tires to 40-42 PSI (Infiniti says max is 44 PSI). When we go to the mountains or during the real cold weather (we live in Colorado)- I hate that buzzard going off all the time if the tires drop in pressure below 27 PSI. What is the PSI in your tires? While neither one of us are car experts or mechanics - this is just our opinion. He runs his car at 30-34 PSI. We are going to take some air out of my tires tomorrow and see if that helps. Even though the car is a 2006 - we purchased it when they first came out in May 2005 and I have never had this problem before nor have I ever run the tires this full either until a few weeks ago.
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    You really don't want that much pressure in the tires! 34-36 pounds is plenty for this car. The ride at 42 must be really stiff and you'll notice better braking as well. The pressure does drop as the temperature drops at the rate of around 1 pound per 10-degrees. So, even at the 34 pounds, you should have quite a temperature drop before you got a low pressure warning, and as you drive the car, the tires warm up raising the pressure.

Make sure when you fill them up you haven't driven more than a mile or so. Best if you have a compressor where you can do it in the garage or driveway. You also need an accurate gauge.
  • The tire pressure in all four(4) tires is 32-33lbs as per the "Information Tab/Tire Pressure Screen" on the display. Checked them again with a tire gauge and still about 33lbs each... The steering also has some play in it and the car tends to pull to the left . I'm thinking she needs a good wheel alignment and some re-calibration on the steering rack..and from what I have been reading on the Goodyear tires it seems that this particular tire should not be matched to this car..
  • I have a 2008 MX355x and I see the problem. Sometimes the steering seems to have a mind of its own, specially on uneven pavement.
    I have not read any issues with "tramlining" affecting the base model M35. It just seems to affect the M35X and M35 Sport. I'm sure the tires are the culprits.
  • I purchased my 07 M35 Base model in September of 07. I noticed the steering would pull to the right when I was on roads that have groves in them and my car had less than 1000 miles on it. I thought I was crazy as well and didn't want anything to be wrong with my new M35 because I had researched the car so well before I purchased it.

So I don't think this steering issue is with only the all wheel drive or sports models. Because I have experienced the same problem with the the steering on my base model. My husband believes it's the tires that is causing the pulling. Please keep me informed. Only 3900 miles on the car.
  • njm35njm35 Posts: 7
    My M35X has 41K miles on it and it has been in 2 times already for a front end problem on the steering and I ended up taking it back a third time today.

Now time 1 they said the could not find a problem
    Second time they replaced the power stearing pump
    This time I did not even end up leaving it, listen what happened.

They got the head mechanic from the back to come out and look at it. He told me that this is a problem with ALL M series cars and he knows exaclty what is wrong, he did not need to drive it. It happens on right hand turns only and makes a noise and you can also feel it in the streering itself. So they did not keep my car because he needs to call Infiniti tech support to see what the next step may be. They mentioned the steering rack.

I dont know about you guys but I am going to start to look into the lemon laws.
  • barryendbarryend Posts: 121
    Last week the dealer replaced the steering rack and the improvement was significant. Then I put on Conti Extremes tires. I dove from Westchester County NY to southern VT. Contis are softer and fell stickier. I only drove in some light snow. They were fine. Contis have a hum on the interstate. Worth it for more traction.
    Press the dealer to cure the steering issue. I think this problem is snowballing.
    2006 M35X 28,000.