Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti M35/M45 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    infinity2infinity2 Member Posts: 12
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. HAVE YOU BEEN READING THESE POSTS ON THE M. YOU PROBABLY WORK FOR INFINITY AND TRY TO CHANGE PUBLIC OPINION ON THESE FORUMS. :mad:
  • Options
    bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    YOU PROBABLY WORK FOR INFINITY AND TRY TO CHANGE PUBLIC OPINION ON THESE FORUMS

I don't work for Infinity(sic).

Also, if you ever bother to compare this forum to the problem threads for other cars you'd find how good this car really is from a reliability standpoint.

When the primary complaints for a first model year car are mainly squeaks and rattles and the truncation of song titles I'd say the manufacturer has done a very nice job.

Have people had other problems with this car? Yes they have. Cars are made by humans. No manufacturer will ever deliver 100 percent trouble free cars.

Do the number of complaints rival those for Mercedes, BMW, or Audi? Not even close. As a long time Benz owner I can guarantee you that the number of problems with the E class dwarf those found on the Infiniti M. Since the original poster has what he considers to be a problem M he might have done better with a Benz. I doubt it though.

Smile, those frown lines on your emotorcon will give you premature wrinkles.
  • Options
    infinity2infinity2 Member Posts: 12
    Wheather it is a rattle, brake issues, non functioning blue tooth, loose seats or rattling moon roofs, this car has serious issues. What is Infinti paying you to plug their car? Infiniti should addrss all these problems instead of ignoring them. They advertise all the wonderful technology and most of it is flawed. They gave me the pitch on the bluetooth and I was never able to use it without people complaining it sounded like I was talking from a tunnel.

The E 350 is a proven car. The M has a long way to go!

So tell me, why is there not a forum for problems with the Mercedes E350?
  • Options
    mrivisionmrivision Member Posts: 22
    My VDC/off light and slip light came on last last. The check engine soon light also came on. The car lost a significant amount of power for a short time. After turning the car off and restarting, power back to near normal and only check engine light remained on. Brought to Infiniti next morning. They gave me a G35x loaner. Car repaired and had back the next afternoon. The dealer said it was a throttle sensor. Repaired under warranty. I hope this is not gointg to be a recurring problem.
  • Options
    docnukemdocnukem Member Posts: 485
    E Problems and Solutions

I have had the moonroof rattle and the slight slip in the driver's seat (both fixed under warranty and with use of a loaner G35x). This is still the best driving car I have ever had (including a BMW 3 series).

The brakes are the best of any car I've driven. That says quite a bit when you consider the car is 4000 pounds.
  • Options
    houtxguyhoutxguy Member Posts: 11
    Hey docnukem -

I see you have (had) the same issue that I am having with the driver's seat. I feel the slight movement when braking and is very annoying. Had it into the dealer for them to look at it and they claim they could not find the movement.

I had to take the Service Writer out to the car and physically show the movement by grabbing the steering wheel and the bottom of the seat. The Service Writer was then able to feel the movement (at least he said). Unfortunately they had kept the car overnight and I did not want to leave it over the weekend with them (lord knows where they place cars on the dealer lots over a weekend). Did not want door dings or mysterious scratches to appear. Also - the base G35 they loaned me was dirty and just plain crappy - I wanted my M back. I was so happy to be driving it again. The Service Writer understood and actually agreed with the difference in the G and M.

I will be bringing the car in for service at 7500 and have them address it then. Did they tell you exactly what they did to fix yours (assume it was fixed to your satisfaction)? I have read it is a bracket replacement. Only concern I have it that they will @#$% something up in the interior while fixing the seat (since I assume they will have to remove the seat to change the bracket).

Also - I have a popping sound that comes from the seat when turning corners or shifting in the seat. It comes from the bottom cushion and occurred on two other M's that I test drove before I bought. This one did not have it initially but I discovered it when adjusting the seat. I have it adjusted so the sound is not present now. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.
  • Options
    No, I can't say exactly what they did. They had to order a part (10 days). It was a bracket of some sort. My car was the first one where they (my service dept) had to take the driver's seat out. Apparently, this was much harder than they anticipated (very heavy). You might want to warn them. I only noticed the movement with heavy braking, but it was gradually getting worse.

I have not noticed any popping noises.
  • Options
    Wheather it is a rattle, brake issues, non functioning blue tooth, loose seats or rattling moon roofs, this car has serious issues.

Rattles certainly can be annoying. However, if you took just a minute to view the link doc posted for you it will be obvious that rattles pale in comparison to the problems the current generation E is having. The E's problems are very consistent with problems reported across the entire Benz line for the last 6 or 7 years. My 2003 SL500 has been a victim of all the electric gremlins reported on the E thread and more.

Infiniti should addrss all these problems instead of ignoring them. They advertise all the wonderful technology and most of it is flawed.

I certainly agree that they should address every issue a customer has. However, I completely disagree with your assertion that ALL the technology is flawed. As with most people who have posted on the M site, the technology on my car has worked flawlessly. I know this is no solace to those who have experienced problems with their M, but I think it reflects surveys that indicate that Infiniti has equalled and in some cases surpassed reliability of even Lexus.

They gave me the pitch on the bluetooth and I was never able to use it without people complaining it sounded like I was talking from a tunnel.

I've yet to talk to anyone using hands-free that doesn't sound as if they are in a tunnel. Hands-free phones connected to land lines still have a bathroom-esque quality to them.

The E 350 is a proven car.

It has proven to be another in the long line of defective products from Mercedes Benz in the last decade. I say this with a heavy heart because I'm a lifelong Benz owner and fan. The magnificent history of this manufacturer is unparalleled and they are managing to tarnish it mightily in a very short period of time.

I'm no paid shill for Infiniti. If they don't take care of unsatisfied customers they won't continue their tremendous growth of the last few years. The treatment that I have received from them, however, and the quality of the two cars I've purchased from them seem to point to a bright future if they can get people into their showrooms to test the cars.
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Thanks for the forum posters who suggested manual adjusting my rebuilt (after a crash) m35x. ...

You're welcome! :blush:
  • Options
    zidecarzidecar Member Posts: 49
    ewl88,

It is disturbing that the local infiniti dealer (circle in nj)'s service guy didn't know about the manual adjustment and had to ask a tech!

I have had a similar experience with the Infiniti Dealership you referenced regarding repair of the sunroof/headliner rattle. This has been the only problem I have had with my M35x in its first 4K miles. I had told the first service advisor about the Tech Service Bulletin regarding the head liner rattle. He essentially "blew" me off, saying that not everything posted on the Infiniti website is applicable. Needless to say, when I got my M back, the rattle was still present. Somewhat perplexed about the waste of time, I called the dealership and got another service advisor who made a second appointment for me. This time, the service advisor rode with me to listen to the sound and later after the repair, specifically told me that there was a service bulletin on the problem. The problem is now fixed to my satisfaction. This experience has sensitized me to seek one of the other service advisors when I bring my M in for future service. I plan to avoid further interactions with the first advisor in the hope that his employment at the dealership will be short lived. Contact me off list if you would like to share the name of the Service Advisor in question.
  • Options
    brianfoxbrianfox Member Posts: 25
    My M45 is in the shop as I write, having the seat bracket replaced. I noticed the problem with the driver's seat as follows:
    Hold the steering wheel with both hands and push your back into the seat. When I did this, the whole seat (back rest and seat part) seemed to tilt back in unison (the front of the seat cushion felt like it was pressing up against the bottom of my legs). It just felt funny, yet it didn't seem to be a safety issue.

The dealer didn't hassle me at all about the problem; they agreed it was an issue immediately. My only concern is that I need to leave it overnight because replacing the rail requires them to involve an upholstery shop :surprise: !! As you can imagine, I'm gripping the wheel of the G35 loaner a little tighter with anxiety...
  • Options
    I had no problem with upholstery with the seat bracket fix. The heavy seat did cause them to scratch the paint on the inside door sill (in a non-visible place with the door closed, and with the door open, you really had to look for it). They were going to fix it by sanding and refinishing it (free, of course). I asked them to simply patch it so that it wouldn't risk early corrosion (I didn't like the idea of a large sanded area--even in an area that was never visible). It was only about 2-3 inches long and not through to the metal.

When they fixed the moonroof rattle, they didn't re-seat the rear seat cushion completely on the first try. They fixed it when the car was returned for the bracket replacement (10 days later). Everything is better than new now (the rattle started on day 2-3). I procrastinated taking it in for the rattle because I was afraid of what might happen to the fit and finish elsewhere.
  • Options
    Someone asked if this was possible.

I had an idea, tried it, and it worked:
    From ON, double-press the ignition button (like you would double-click a mouse) and it goes straight to ACC.

From ACC:
    Hold brake down, press button once --> Starts engine
    No brake, press once --> OFF
    No brake, double press --> ON (no engine)

I don't recall if the manual explains this...
  • Options
    Try this experiment:
    Turn the car to ON, without starting the engine.
    Turn the seat heat/cool to all the various positions (with the car off, you will easily hear the fan). Note the strength of the fan at each position. NOTE: The system takes about 5 seconds to react to your new selection.

Here's what I found:
    Cool (MAX- farthest left): Fan strength is high
    Cool (Medium): Fan strength is equal to MAX
    Cool (Low): Fan sound very low
    Heat (Low, Med, MAX): Fan sounds exactly like Cool (Low)

I definitely sense different amounts of heat with the different heat settings. Shouldn't the fan also push more air on Heat (Max)?

Does anyone hear three different fan strengths on Cool, or just two like me?

My passenger controls react identically to the driver's side.
  • Options
    sickntiredsickntired Member Posts: 13
    Bfox -- ur the man!

I posted this question some time ago, and it seemed to me incredulous that this function would be omitted. I am happy to report that your approach worked perfectly! One of those undocumented functions again, I suppose. Thanks for your investigative prowess and once again proving the value of these discussion boards! Much obliged --

-D in the B/B M35
  • Options
    houtxguyhoutxguy Member Posts: 11
    Hey brianfox -

Curious how your bracket replacement went. First off - did it fix your problem? Secondly - did they do any damage to the interior/exterior? That is my biggest fear with requesting the replacement since the seat is so big and heavy and normally would be moved into the car without the door attached (during assembly). While the doors do swing out further than most cars, the door panel can easily get scratched up (the wood trim could get a nice scratch by not paying attention to what you were doing). I know they would fix whatever they harm but don't want to think about having repaint work done or removal/replacement of door panels. I want a quiet/rattle free car like I have now. BUT the seat movement is so !@#$ annoying!
  • Options
    joefojoefo Member Posts: 10
    Good luck. I had seats removed, not for this
    problem but for an early model leather defect,
    and they punchhed holes in the right door panel,
    gouged the plastic cover on the rocker
    panel, put a hold in the door seal, and also
    scratched the speaker grill in the door panel.

On the driver side, put several gouges down to
    the metal and many surface scratches on the
    same door sill.

While all this can be repaired, the door panel
    is still on back order. The worst thing they
    did was wash the car, even though I asked
    for it not to be, although I forgot to do
    so when I left it with then the night before.
    However, I called early the next AM and told
    them twice in the same call, make sure
    you do not wash the car. They apparently washed
    it with 60 grit sandpaper. After compounding
    it twice, I got it back with the deeper scratches
    still there, and severe swirl marks. Now they're
    sending it out do be fixed. My fear is that
    there's little to no clearcoat left, and if they
    wind up finally having to paint it with
    clearcoat, it will be a $99 job on a $50K car,
    lowering the resale value.

I should have ignored the leather problems.
  • Options
    majcnismomajcnismo Member Posts: 6
    Hi Pete,

That happens when the battery is disconnected. Your service department can reset the car and you will have a full functioning sunroof again. The technicians should have caught that with their PDI. :)

M
  • Options
    vanpoortenvanpoorten Member Posts: 3
    I have a similar problem after owning the car for about 6 months. I have a rattle on the pasenger side roof, which seems to go away when I close the slider (Or I just can't hear it then). There seems to be a similar problem in the rear seat behind the driver (I think).

It seems I am not alone.

Anothe annoyance with the car is that my bluetooth phone works, but not well at all. I may as well not use it hands fee :mad: . Anyone else with this problem?

The next issue is very important here in Canada. The seat heater is the worst of any car I have ever owned and the dealer says it is normal. Anyone else with this problem?
  • Options
    The next issue is very important here in Canada. The seat heater is the worst of any car I have ever owned and the dealer says it is normal. Anyone else with this problem?

You may not like Infiniti's method of implementing heated/cooled seats but I doubt you have a problem.

Infiniti chose to tie the seat heating/cooling function to their climate control. Quite frankly, at first blush, this seems a very logical way to go about it. The seat attempts to provide a level of heat similar to the heat distributed by the climate control system. The same seat fans that distribute cool air in the summer move the heated air in the winter. The primary drawback to this method for heating is that the seats do not heat immediately after turning the car on and selecting heat.

Unfortunately, those who have had seated heats in prior cars are used to those with heat coils. I'm not sure about all brands, but Mercedes and BMW heat with coils which produces quicker heat and if you keep nudging the switch to "high" will make the seats feel like heating pads. My girlfriend seems to think they are therapeutic seats as she has hers set to "high" all year around.

The benefit to the Infiniti method is that the seats actually produce cool air in the summer. Both Mercedes and BMW merely provide fans that attempt to cool by moving air and wicking away moisture from the body.

I think the ideal solution moving forward would be to provide heat coils for immediate heatup and then revert to climate control warm air once the car has reached the user set temperature.

If you want to feel your seats get warmer, though, turn up the temperature on your climate control and partially close vents on your side. The air that is moved through the seat will become correspondingly warmer.
  • Options
    Anyone else with Bluetooth problem?

There are many who have been dissatisfied with Bluetooth. I haven't noticed any problems however and think that the biggest problem may be with expectations that were set too high. Have you ever talked to anyone who was using a "handsfree/speakerphone" type device that produced crystal-clear sound? Remember that you are in a less than pristine sound environment speaking into a microphone that is a couple feet away from your mouth.
  • Options
    m35girlm35girl Member Posts: 18
    I just got my 2nd oil change and first tire rotation at the dealer at about 7500 miles. After I dropped off the keys he ran out and said that I needed to get the full maintenence service "on special" for $100. I was suspicious so I declined for that day and said I would do it some other day. He hesitated and said ok, you can skip it now, but if you dont do the 15000 mile checkup (at $400) then your warranty is void. I thought I would ask if that has been anyone else's experience, because I've had my Jeep for almost 5 years and I did major things at 30k and 60k at the dealer, but they never threatened my warranty coverage if I didn't do it.
  • Options
    Just check the owner's manual for what is the recommended service and at what intervals. I can't imagine what service would be recommended at 7500 other than rotation and possibly oil (most people do a 3k or 5k oil change, so 7.5k wouldn't even merit that). The warranty-voiding issue sounds like pure, money-grubbing BS.

BTW, how do you like the Bourbon and Black combo? I love mine. It garners comments all the time.
  • Options
    I love the color combo. I get lots of comments about it too. Still havent seen too many on the road where I live about 4 or so. But on the other hand I've only seen 1 new GS here. But maybe I'm just hanging out in the wrong places :).

And from what I remember from glancing at the manual is that other than the tires and the oil, everything else is just checked and looked at. I don't see paying them to just look at the car.
  • Options
    Something else I wanted to ask about. My cigarette lighter is pretty much used as a charger, but I've already had to replace the fuse twice. The service man said because it wasn't designed for charging things just 10 secs of lighter. That doesn't sound right to me since in my jeep I have my phone charger in the lighter compartment and my XM in the power outlet and never had a problem.
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    The Infiniti Maint. \ Service Guide is on-line at:

http://www.infiniti.com/m/pdf/Infiniti_Service_Maintenance_Guide.pdf

Enjoy!
    - Ray
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    I'm not an EE, but that just sounds goofy. The voltage is constant. It takes far more power (in the short term) and hence current (charge/sec) to heat an element (P=I x V) such as a lighter than to charge a phone or Ipod. Since fuses are made to give out during high current drains (such as a short), it would seem more likely to blow with the lighter rather than the charger.

If there is an EE out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sometimes, the 12-volt plug on electronics is really cheap. I have opened a few up after a blown fuse where it appears there is a short (many have fuses in them, but if they are rated higher than your car's fuse, then the car's fuse will blow). If you find that the fuse blows with a particular item, you may want to check that item's cord/plug.
  • Options
    jeff721jeff721 Member Posts: 80
    The noise behind the rear seat might possible be the same issue I had in my car. Quick easy fix in my case. My kids put the center armrest down, opened it up and closed the armrest. the lid rattled so badly. I so &^** p(*&^ all day. That night I made my wife drive me around the block so I could isolate the noise. Fixed in 2 sec flat. Hope this helps..
  • Options
    nickb81nickb81 Member Posts: 39
    I have had yet another run in with PALM SPRINGS INFINITI. My M35 has been making noise from the front end when going over bumps, and upon stopping. I decided to tell the dealership about it, and they notified me that my lower control arm is defective. They are ordering the part and replacing it under warrantee. I began to think about a few things, and came to the conclusion that the ONE tire that is wearing unevenly is the one that is on the wheel connected with the defective control arm. I am no expert, but it would seem that the control arm would cause that tire to wear unevenly. I asked my dealership about this, and they said that they would check into it. Meanwhile I contacted 3 other Infiniti dealerships, and 1 Nissan dealership - and ALL of them said that the tire wear is probably related to the failure of the control arm. My dealership (surprise, surprise) said that they are unrelated, or at least there is no way for me to prove a connection - I guess that means, I get no new tire. This will be the second "wear" item I will need to replace in less than a year (the first being new brake pads - after my warped rotors were machined). After that I was lectured on my choice of not having the dealership service the car. I was told and I quote "you never bring your car here for service, you dont spend any money here - you only bring it here when you have a problem and you expect us to fix it!" - now I ask, isn't that what a warrantee is for? I have kept my cool with them until this point, but when he said that and then continued to insult me - I lost it!!!! I was told that none of the service technicians are willing to work on my car, because there is nothing wrong with it - basically I am making it all up. I was told that I have not provided them with enough evidence to support my claims. I HAVE however brought in video taped proof, and I have also shown the service writer the issues with my bluetooth - but apparently that is not enough. I cant believe the way they are treating me - I was/am shocked. If I can give anyone advice - DO NOT DEAL WITH PALM SPRINGS INFINITI! Better yet, don't buy an Infiniti!
  • Options
    ewl88ewl88 Member Posts: 76
    Anyone have any idea how hard it is to get specs for the alignment of the M35x? My rebuilt M35x (after a crash) has been realigned by a local alignment place (chosen by the autobody shop). I wasn't 100% sure that the alignment was right and I was told that the alignment place didn't have the specs and made "the best guess." They said they will realign my car when they get the specs. I'm not really upset since I finally have my car, lights are functional, and it's functional. But are we talking about a few numbers to plug into the computer? Doesn't Infiniti publish the specs somewhere? I don't see any reason to keep it a trade secret. :confuse:
  • Options
    kooklakookla Member Posts: 4
    Guedo,
    I have an M35X that makes a "creaking" noise from the front end when I turn the wheel either backing or pulling out of a space from a dead stop. Is this similar to the noise you are hearing?

Kookla
  • Options
    Guedo,
    I have an M35X that makes a "creaking" noise from the front end when I turn the wheel either backing or pulling out of a space from a dead stop. Is this similar to the noise you are hearing?

I have a sound that sounds like the tires are rubbing on the wheel wells. Seems to only happen on slow moving maneauvers where the whell is turned 3/4. Like when pulling out of a curb side spot or making a U turn? Does anyone know what htis is? The teh checked the steering stops and they were OK.
  • Options
    This board has been silent since Feb 6th? Did I miss something? Or are you all out shoveling snow?
  • Options
    mh2bttbmh2bttb Member Posts: 1
    I can answer you question. I have an M35x. 10 months old. Goodyear stock tires.
    they made it to about 12k miles, (all hwy) in decent shape, my car drove pretty well.
    then, they started pulling on the highway, constantly correcting the driving just to keep it on the road. I talked to my tire expert, he said flip the front left and right only. then the car pulled the other way. Now, about 4k miles later, the car is a FRIGHT to drive! I'm 95% sure that it is 100% a tire problem. THE GOODYEARS are absolute pieces of C R _ P! I have AVON 245/45/18s coming in from Tire Rack on Monday and will have them installed.
    I can't wait. I discussed all of this with my Infiniti dealer and we've all determined that the tires are just shot. They "wander" all over the road, and on a sloped road, they are flat out dangerous. THought you'd like to know. PS Feel free to email me later once my tires are on my M35x in the next day or two.
  • Options
    rlejr66rlejr66 Member Posts: 44
    I have had a similar problem with my M35 Sport. The car seems to be all over the place. I have had the car for a little over a month after purchasing it pre-owned. I had a G35 Sport previously and didn't have this problem. The Sport is sitting on Bridgestones instead of Goodyears. Has anyone else had this same experience with the Sport? If so, how was it resolved? What are Sport owners doing as far as tire replacement? I would like to go to all season tires. Any suggestions/comments?
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    No such problem with my M35 Sport, now with just under 10,000 mi.on it.
  • Options
    iwangs04iwangs04 Member Posts: 22
    Hello,
    I’ve been looking for a $30K +/- car. My first choice is a nice low-mileage used Lex GS430. But I’ve happened to see some of the very attractive prices on the M45, it could be $5k-$8K less than the GS430 on the same year. What are your experiences on the M45 (03-04) model? Are they reliable? Are there any known defects/problems on the car?
    I’ve never owned a Lex or an Infiniti before but I am a Toyota guy. So I know the reliability of a Lex is exceptional and I’ve learned that the power of M45 is awesome.

Comments/thoughts are welcome.
    Wangs04
  • Options
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    I wouldn't buy one. The gas mileage is terrible, they are exceedingly cramped inside and the body style is dated. The car has been rendered obsolete by the new M35/45's. There's a reason why the resale of these earlier M's was and is abysmal.
  • Options
    hac2hac2 Member Posts: 9
    Is infiniti paying for the new tires? I have a lexus car and it pulled in one direction rather than holding straight on the road. Lexus put new tires on the front to correct this problem. Had 8000 miles on the car and lexus paid for this service. hac2
  • Options
    Thanks for your insight.
    Doesn't sound good & I'll keep that in mind.

wangs04
  • Options
    jbogenjbogen Member Posts: 3
    I have just got a new 06 M45 Sport with 18"wheels. It is great but the steering is quite bad on the highway. It seems to do fine on a perfectly flat road, but as soon as the road slants to one side or another, the steering is pulled badly in that direction. On worn highways with both tire grooves, even slightly, the steering jumps hard side-to-side - you cannot let go of the wheel even for a second. It is dangerous and happens at any speeds above about 40. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help with this
  • Options
    On worn highways with both tire grooves, even slightly, the steering jumps hard side-to-side - you cannot let go of the wheel even for a second.

It's difficult to answer the question without driving the car, but I think what you're experiencing is more likely the effect of the max performance tires rather than the car.

With the aggressive tread, stiffness, and stickiness of the Bridgestone Potenzas, you're going to feel irregularities in the road more easily. This translates into movement of the car if you find slopes and ruts in the road.

These same qualities, however, are partially what make the car so responsive and capable in its handling abilities.
  • Options
    jbogen,
    First of all, you are on 18" wheels with the Sport model? Sure about that? Secondly, I had this same comment with the M35 Sport and got one response to a post on the M45/M35 2006+ forum. That respondent didn't have a problem. My car too is all over the place depending on the type of road. I am starting to wonder about the tires. Contemplating changing the tires to determine if the tires are the problem. However, that will be a rather expensive test. I would like some all-season tires instead of the the summer tires that come on the vehicle. I haven't seen anything less than $300 per tire. So, I may just have to wait it out until I have put a few more miles on the current set. I can deal with the movement for now. Just have to hold on a little more than normal!
  • Options
    mwgmwg Member Posts: 28
    Try Costco for tires, their prices are very low. Phone first, if they don't have the tire you want they will get it in 24 hours. Let us know how you make out.
  • Options
    jbogenjbogen Member Posts: 3
    Rle,

You are right, my tires are 19". Thanks for the feedback. I traded my G35 for the M45 and it had 18" - though the ride was rougher, the car tracked well on all sorts of crowned pavement environments; no drift at all. I would think that a 60K car, good design and alignment would keep this car running reasonably straight under modest pavement irregularites. Please let me know if what you find out on your end. Do you think that I should ask dealer about checking alignment?

Thanks for your feedback

Jeff
  • Options
    Jeff,
    I too traded in a G35 Sport Sedan that was a little rougher ride wise, but didn't have a tracking problem. The alignment seems fine on a "perfect" surface. I'll be sure to talk to the tech folks on my next visit to the dealership and will let everyone know the results of that conversation.
  • Options
    hac2hac2 Member Posts: 9
    I'm almost ready to purchase a 2006 M35x with journey, technology & chrome wheels and would like to ask if anyone has experience with the quality of service and the attitude of the service managers at Circle infiniti of Eatontown, N.J or Ray Catena infiniti Edison, N.J. Responses will be greatly appreciated. hac2
  • Options
    bdefelicbdefelic Member Posts: 4
    I have purchased three cars from Ray Catena. I bought two I30's from the Edison location and just picked up my 2006 M35x from the Ray Catena location in Bridgewater. I have Tech, Journey, chrome wheels, spoiler, and full spare. Diamond graphite w/ black interior. Gorgeous, getting lots of comments and looks. They were a pleasure to deal with. Got the car for 3% over invoice, or about $3200 off MSRP. Felt like I got a pretty good deal and no haggling. Car handles beautifully. I had to go to the dealer yesterday to pick up my new reg. and asked about a smell I was experiencing the first couple of days, and just a couple of times intemittently since then. I suspected it was a new car coating of some sort but wanted to be sure. They assured me it probaby was, but almost insisted in putting it up on a lift to inspect and make sure. I had time so they did, and less than 10 minutes later confimed all was Ok and the smell would disappear in short order. At the time the car was very clean, but the offered twice to wash it nonetheless. I declined since it was very clean. While I was waiting I shot the breeze with the service manager and he was extremely accommodating and knowledgable concerning some question I had about some after market items. Of course, I was offered coffee, soda, something to eat - all gratis - while I waited. That has been my experience also at the Edison location. I have bought many cars over the years and if you are treated any better than at a Ray Catena location I would like to know where that is. Couldn't recommend them more. Good luck and enjoy!
  • Options
    nicolasjnicolasj Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I've posted this on FreshAlloy and Infiniti-Driver, I might as well post here too. Anyone has witnessed something similar, it's not a big deal but it baffles me:

Sometimes, when I unlock the door of my M45 with the door handle request button (I rarely used the unlock button on the fob itself), I can see the steering wheel/driver's seat move to my programmed position (well, I assume it is my programmed position) and right after that, they go back to the "easy exit/entry" position (wheel all the way up, seat all the way back). Then, when I start the car, the wheel/seat go back to my programmed settings again! I'm really confused. This really happens randomly. I had this happened a couple of times just after getting the car, then it stopped for months and now it's back! Anyone else noticed this? A couple of people have reported similar problems on the M forum on FreshAlloy but I would expect this problem to be reported more extensively, unless few people actually link their wheel/seat settings to their fobs? I'm thinking I have a defective auto drive positioner module or something.
    Thanks!