Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• parnparn Posts: 4
    If you decide not to purchase the Ridgeline, you'll be missing out on a truly great car-truck. I've had mine for 3 months now, 3300 miles. NO problems at all!!! Allright, I confess.....I was at the dealer last week to have them reinstall a clip on the windshield washer bottle so it wouldn't rattle. A two minute fix.

I got a great deal on a great ride. I've had Toyota's( trucks & cars), Accords, Lexus, American JUNK!!, VW JUNK!!, and the Ridgeline rides just as good as my RX 300 did. It's versitile. My clubs fit in the trunk and I used it to pick a new clothes dryer today which saved me a $45 delivery charge.

B4 you buy, run water down the windshield, if no leaks, buy it!! Don't go crazy with all the adds. I added the bug shield, fogs & R splash guards. It looks great!!! :shades:
  • 5553543255535432 Posts: 150
    Guess what, my vacation credits and days off will be eaten up by another delearship service tommorow. I am going to Ourisman Honda in Laurel MD for another MUCH LOATHED DELEARSHIP VISIT.Does anyone know how to make the TPMS lights shut off inspite of having the recommended tire pressure on it?The Service representative from Landmark Honda dismiss my TPMS concerns as something that dissapears after I drive the truck around.Ive driven it around and the TPMS stays.WHY ON EARTH AM I HAVING ALL THESE RL PROBLEMS WHILE MOST HAVE NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    "B4 you buy, run water down the windsheild, if NO leaks, BUY it !!

Your kidding right?????????????

From the posts here and the other ridgeline forums these vehicles seem
    like REAL pieces of JUNK !

But the honda faithful will hopefully continue to line up like sheep for the slaughter.............or its gonna be a orphan like the subie baja...... :cry:
  • lightsoutlightsout Posts: 2
    Btw, to stay on topic (since my earlier post was off topic a bit). I have had my Ridgeline since March 18th. Its the middle line model, does not have nav system nor a sunroof or XM radio. (these are the only three things missing from a factory install), I have every other factory option. Now, with that said...

I have NO dealer add on options, none. I do not have any leaks, issues with tire gauges, or any type of door closings issues. I just turned the milage to 7400, had my first maintenance work done (100 bucks to honda to tell me its fine, ripoff), and it runs great. If I had to point out my only flaw with the truck so far, its the simple fact that the power door lock button is backwards. Its designed in all RL's that pushing this button up on the drivers panel LOCKS the doors, and pushing it down UNLOCKS. Hope they correct this in later models, and as its NOT a flaw with my RL but a design poorly issue, who knows. Perhaps they wanted to be different.
  • gd113gd113 Posts: 114
    But the honda faithful will hopefully continue to line up like sheep for the slaughter.............or its gonna be a orphan like the subie baja.....

Hmmm.... explore other boards here and see if Honda is really junk based on 20 problem vehicles on the Ridge out of 10k sold and see what other makers have any problems. Find a vehicle with not one dissatisfied customer, I don't think you will ;)
  • graylinergrayliner Posts: 39
    "3. At 11:35 am, my car had it's first oil change and after a "supposedly thorough test" they told me their is nothing wrong with the wire connections on my trailer hitch. My argument that their is really some thing wrong fell on deaf ears, so I borrowed the delearships yellow pages and call the nearest uhaul. I left the delearship around 12:15 (15 minutes was spent by this guy looking for my RL in the sea of Hondas, he later found out it wasn'nt in the parking lot rather twas still inside the shop.) noon and arrived at the nearest Uhaul in Lorton VA about 9 miles away.The loung que at the U-haul and the 102 degress fahrenheit temp registering on the RL's temp gauge made the process even more painful.MY MIGRAINES WAS KILLING ME."

Wow, that sounds like a bad day. It IS a big deal to spend $38K of hard earned money and have the same problems you'd get from a used car lot. I bet you'll get the bugs worked out of it. Then try to put it behind you. The dealership should give you a rental car and let you be free to live for a day or two while they work on it. Tell them you post here and one potential buyer is having bad forebodings. Ther is a Toyota dealer in my area that is almost criminal -very unlike the other ones I've used. Good luck to you!
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Posts: 408
    Your kidding right?????????????
    From the posts here and the other ridgeline forums these vehicles seem
    like REAL pieces of JUNK !
    But the honda faithful will hopefully continue to line up like sheep for the slaughter.............or its gonna be a orphan like the subie baja......

That's odd I'm on all the RL forums, and 99% of the people on them that are owners love their RLs. I am a owner with 4,000+ miles and my experience has been stellar. I didn't know I could be so happy with a vehicle. My experience is typical of the RL owners on forums. It's obvious you hate Honda and are biased. your motives are suspect.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    NO MOTIVES.................I just love to lurk and really feel BAD for a
    owner that comes here with problems. Then the honda faithful RIP
    them into pieces because they are having severe problems and
    typical lousy honda dealer service.....like its their fault they just
    purchased a problematic vehicle and can't get it fixed !...............

Gear....I see your posts elsewhere ripping on other troubled ridge
    owners also. Sure glad your happy......................... :confuse:
    I don't know if I would call it "ripping" so much as I would be saying there are people that have much worse problems such as their Ford 150 burning down their house due to a faulty cruise switch that is hot all the time. That's a problem. I'm just trying to put whatever RL problem they may in proper perspective. The Ford owner doesn't even have their house anymore. I'm trying to make the RL owner feel better. If you have a leak in your RL I hope you get it fixed, but it's a leak not a severe mechanical engine or drivetrain problem. If an RL owner says this is their first and last Honda because of a leak, by all means please buy a GM or Ford product. The RL is the best mid size in the market if it meets your needs. It is not a piece of JUNK as you said. Far, far, far from it. Dang straight I'm happy, because I bought a superior product. This is my first Honda and it won't be my last.
    I figured as much.
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Posts: 1,640
    I was just about to delete this section from my message center. Almost posted earlier about too much crap and grow up everyone. But now I know what's up.

John
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Please don't stoop to the level of some with name-calling and labels...

kcram - Pickups Host
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,690
    i'm a ford guy, last time i try to help out a 'ridge owner. the whining was worse thn my kids. fwiw, the problem was most likely with the ball that connects to the trailer.
    Blown fuse was the reason why my trailer light connection ain't working according to the senior mechanic who look at it. Even his expertise was so screwed up because he moved the supposedly two extra fuses to fix the trailer light and brake connection on the trailer hitch. Apparently one of the "EXTRA" fuses he moved around was for the TPMS.So another two hours in the delears lot my RL stayed tp remedy the TPMS fiasco. I give up,my RL ownership is apparently cursed. Just waiting that regular gas hits $3.00 and am trading this RL for a sedan. :sick: :sick:
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    Just waiting that regular gas hits $3.00 and am trading this RL for a sedan.

Just curious... If you're now considering a sedan, why did you buy a pickup in the first place? If gas reachs $3.00, why not just get a smaller more economical 4-cylinder truck? That's assuming you need a truck, that is.

Bob
    My common sense suggested a CRV while considering the RL since it's not that bad on gas and has tons of safety features. For my Home Depot needs I planned to buy a trailer that I could attach to the Pilot.

The RL was a product of whim,hate to drive a CRV while daydreaming about an RL for the next ten years, besides no 4 banger offers an exact replica of the RL's Fort Knox like safety features. No 4 banger truck from any company has curtain airbags, side airbags, and 5 star crash test ratings front and side.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    My gut feeling is that many of the problems some owners are experiencing are nothing more than v.1.0 issues. I know that's not comforting to hear if you're one of those affected, but it sometimes goes with the territory whenever you buy a first-year model, be it from Honda or any other carmaker.

Bob
    i'm a ford guy, last time i try to help out a 'ridge owner. the whining was worse thn my kids. fwiw, the problem was most likely with the ball that connects to the trailer.

It was so nice of a superior Ford guy like yourself to stop and help one of us little whining Honda Ridgeline owners. I'm sorry that will be the last time for you. The loss will be felt throughout the community for a long time to come I suspect.

When your house is in flames because of that faulty cruise switch in your Ford. I assure you I will risk my life to haul your screaming butt out of your burning house if I'm in the vicinity.
    My gut feeling is that many of the problems some owners are experiencing are nothing more than v.1.0 issues.

I only hope my version 2.0 Ridgeline is as excellent and trouble free as my version 1.0 Ridgeline
    I give up,my RL ownership is apparently cursed. Just waiting that regular gas hits $3.00 and am trading this RL for a sedan.

.........just to point out, all the problems you've had are not problems with your RL, but with mechanic error. Your RL has been trouble free. Your dealer installed accessory has not.

Also, your pinching pennies for gas and bought an RL???? Your free to spend your money on any vehicle you'd like of course, it's just a little puzzling.
    I have to admit that most of my problems are caused by the delearship with the exception of my two doors that is obviously a factory flaw. Wouldn't close unless slammed. The funny part is I'm beginning to slam all doors, may it be my house, my other cars and of course the 4 doors of my RL, not just the two. When you are wasting many DAYS OFF AND VACATION CREDIT day in a delearships waiting area, the line separating whose at fault Honda or the delearship gets blurred.HONDAS FAILURE TO EDUCATE THEIR DELEARSHIPS MECHANICS TO DO STUFF RIGHT THE FIRST TIME IS STILL THEIR ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY.

I am a transplant from Asia who once had the good life, got poverty stricken when my dad died but got back to my feet thanks to education:the great equalizer.The fear of getting poor again made me a penny pincher in a lot of ways, but when it comes to my cars my budget gets busted.Besides I bought the RL when I believe the lowest regular gas was $1.89.I never thought I would literally see it climb a few cents everytime I gas up.Truck ownership is fun but pricey. At least I get to experience it once in my lifetime while my pocket can still afford it.At $3.00 a gallon, plus more UNSCHEDULED delearship visits ain't worth keeping this RL anymore. :cry:
  • White is just about the most difficult color to match. The substrate has a big impact on the percieved shading. There are many "shades" of white. My father-in-law had a Ford pickup that was the most yellow "white" I ever saw. I personnally like the very blue white of the RL. If you can, check the label on a can of automotive paint (the real stuff, not the patch junk). It will usually list three colors in the mix. Combine that with the different primers required for the plastic, steel and aluminum and you have a painters nightmare. You will never get a "perfect" match unless you sink $10,000 into the job. You sure won't get it from the factory. Any factory. ;) ">
  • cridercrider Posts: 8
    Just an update to MY leaky ridge.I was contacted by Honda last night and advised that they are going to replace my vehicle, finally some goods news.I love the truck,just a fluke with certain vehicles.Hope to be in my new truck in 2 weeks.

There's hope after all,it just takes longer that we would like. :)
    Just an update to MY leaky ridge.I was contacted by Honda last night and advised that they are going to replace my vehicle, finally some goods news.I love the truck,just a fluke with certain vehicles.Hope to be in my new truck in 2 weeks.

Wow!! That's great news. Honda really stepped up top the plate and knocked it out of the park. I love to hear good stories about corporate responsibility. I haven't had any problems with my RL, but Honda of America called me and spent almost an hour with me on the phone making sure I liked my truck, and how I would improve it if I could. The only problem I could dig out of my head was that I had a little static on the AM radio station which has since gone away by itself. The rep wanted me to take it to the dealer (I just didn't want the dealer touching my truck). They called me back 4 days later and wanted to know if it was taken care of with a message on my machine. I never returned her call because it just wasn't a problem to me. She called me back in person a week after that and wanted to make sure it was right. I assured her it would be fine. I've got her number, I feel like I have a friend at Honda corporate. This is in contrast to the horrible support stories I hear about Toyota. I've got 2 Toyota vehicles that are trouble free so I haven't had to deal with Toyota, but I'm impressed with Honda Hounding me about this issue that wasn't a issue. They've won me as a customer, but I realize that a Honda dealer is separate from Honda and they can give good service or bad. at least I feel I know how to sick Honda on them if that happens. I was definitly left with the impression that I will be treated right if I ever have a problem. I guess they achieved their aim. As a result of this interaction, when ever Honda is mentioned I get a warm fuzzy feeling.

I hear they also ar changing their warranty from 3 year 36,000 to 5 year 60,000 miles which is retroactive to all RL owners. This combined with their safety for all program will benefit them a great deal.
  • aewjaewj Posts: 4
    Thanks to all posters at the Ridgeline forum. Before taking delivery, I was able to check for water leaks, door operation, and transmission fluid leaks plus I avoided buying the tonneau cover and roofrack altogether. Your advise showed me what to look for in addition to the 'normal' inspection and test drive before buying. I rate mine a 10!
    Congratulations, enjoy your RL. I think your rating is pretty accurate. In the sea of blandness of SUVs and Trucks the RL is some excitement that stands out from the crowd.
  • Need help... Can you please call this lady back (Honda Rep) and ask her about the trip computer (trip advisor) on the NAV. This feature is disabled. If possible can I have her number. Many thanks.......
    Note: My friend has a MDX with NAV, his NAV looks exactly like the Ridgeline (the only different is Ridgeline NAV has a H, MDX has an A for Acura). The trip advisor is enabled on his MXD.
    There is no trip meter on the RL with nav, I doubt she can make one magically appear. On that issue you would be better served to go to the Ridgeline owners club (google it). I've heard of some possible work arounds there. I doubt they'll work though.
  • The clutch on my 97 4-door LX Accord makes a clicking sound when I press in the clutch. The Honda Mechanic (Dealer) told me that it is nothing to worry about and that it is just the switch making the sound.

Is the clicking sound from the switch something I need to worry about? It is the original clutch with 127,000 + miles.
  • gd113gd113 Posts: 114
    Uhh wrong forum.