Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 430 Real World MPG

2»

Comments

• pearlpearl Posts: 336
    where do you live? I think octane is also frequently a factor in the altitude of the location. When I lived near Denver, 91 was all you could get. Now I live in Maryland and here, as well as most of the (low altitude) east coast, the octane is 93 at pretty much all stations/brands. I also used to note 91 octane in WY and UT - again mostly high altitude locations.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I'm in Las Vegas. 91 & 100 is all you can get here. We're at 2000 ft. though. Coastal areas probably get 93. In Utah and the rockies, you can actually get 85, whereas 87 is the lowest we can buy.
  • luckylouluckylou Posts: 308
    My wife drives her 2006 LS430 about 99.5 % , the rest of the time I drive it, to put gas in it.
    This past time , while distracted by this beautiful , young , attractively dress blond , I push the Regular gas , and so far my wife has not notice the difference but for me , I want to gas up everyday at the same time.
    This was an accident ( the Gas ) , the next time back to High Octane, just the car.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Around town, you probably won't, (and your wife for sure won't) notice a difference. On the highway, hills and passing, I notice a fair difference.....
  • The fleet reference was incidental to the topic of the proper fuel to use. However, as a matter of information I have rented a Lexus ES from Thrifty Car Rental in Los Angeles as well as an LS from Midway Car Rental. They may no longer offer rentals, I don't know. But - if you cannot buy a Lexus from a fleet, rental or otherwise, how does the rental company eventually dispose of the vehicle?
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    390 miles, 14.55 gallons, 26.8MPG, 66MPH "moving" average (garmin).

1995 LS400 with 211,000 miles.

A/C...OFF.
  • Very happy with MPG on 2002 LS430

Just got back two days ago from a road trip. The car was loaded with 4 adults (3 who drove) and a trunk full of luggage. I calculated the mileage on paper instead of the computer as I didn't want to zero everything out. 1780.3 miles 68.95 Gals at a total cost of $281 - 25.8 MPG. We paid between $3.919 and 4.219 for high test. Also this raised my average MPG two tenths on the 'puter. It now sits at 22.4 MPG.

The car has low mileage, about 80,000 miles. I have to say I am very pleased with the MPG. It easily holds four people and a hugh pile of stuff. Fully loaded it's a quiet, smooth, very comfortable ride and the mileage is wonderful for what we have.

I was toying with buying something new next year, but for the value I am re-thinking. I may just keep my trouble free car. :)
2»
This discussion has been closed.