Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1990 BMW 735iL Questions and Upgrades?

2»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,283
    edited March 2010
    That's a typical 735 problem. You should fish back there and see if you have corroded wiring or dirty contacts. The sensor is just getting a high resistance reading. You could even swap in new bulbs and see what happens.

This is why you don't see German electronics at Best Buy :P

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• As for all battery Q's... Weather rear seats are power or not. The passenger side rear seat contains the battery. Remove the buttons and side panel on the seat. directly under the seat belt reciver is a 13mm bolt. Remove that and move the seat all the way forward. Now to the front side of the seat. There is a small black tab in the center under the seat. You have to pull it all the way out and pull up and out on the seat. FYI.... It's not so easy to put it back. 30 min start to finish.
  • From time to time my 90 e32's battery will drain completely over night. I jump it and as soon as it warms up it sputters very bad. If I turn it off and attempt to restart it... It says NO WAY!!!! Stinks like fuel and cranks and cranks but won't start. I replaced plugs, wires and coil. I don't get it. And I refuse to pay the dealer for something I can do. I must be missing something. Any ideas????
  • pennylaneapennylanea Posts: 3
    i had the 1989 735i that only had less than 50k on it. It belong to some old rich woman that prefered to use the limo. It has a Mag mile sticker on it. Im in chicago.
    My son 32 yrs old has been working on restoring cars since he was 13 he loved this car and got it in perfect condition. The inside was beautiful even the mats looked un used. The body was beautiful no rust at all.
    Well to our horror a semi truck ran on top of it and crushed it to the ground. Hurt my son and his friend. :sick: The truckers insurance wants to only give me $4,000.00. I have been in such stress about the whole thing. I refused the offer but I dont know how to prove its worth alot more.
    Maybe you know?
    please email me at imageworks2007@yahoo.com
    thanks
    You should be able to get more for the car if you handle the situation correctly. You can approach this two ways:

1. You can refuse their offer and demand X dollars, showing proof from ads and price guides. You can't just pick a number out of the air. You need to base it on something.

2. Perhaps a better way is to hire an appraiser who can look at the remains, look at your receipts, etc. and blend it all together in a professional appraisal which is then submitted to the trucking company.

If neither of those works, you can sue them in Small Claims Court up to the amount allowed by Small Claims in your jurisdiction.

Depending on how nice the car was, it's possible you could justify asking between $5000--$7500. Any more than that isn't going to happen IMO.

I saw one online less as nice as mine was for 13k. I did refuse the offer and I will take them to small claims court. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it very much.
    edited May 2010
    13K is simply not supportable by evidence. Asking prices are nothing more than a seller exercising his First Amendment rights.

If you present a radical value, they will stonewall you, and I don't blame them actually, for insisting on proof of value.

The market price is based on points of sale, not upon what someone puts into a car, unfortunately.

The whole purpose of insurance, and in fact what it was meant to do, was to "make you whole" by giving you enough money to replace the car with one in like kind and condition.

That is, legally, what you are entitled to IMO.

2 bmw here in Chicago just like mine sold for 10k. I dont know what your talking about. Im not trying to rip of the insurance company. but never mind dont need your advice anymore Im talking to an apraisal
    Well I'm just telling you what to expect. $10K is probably not a realistic expectation given how insurance settlements work. You can buy a year 2000 7-series for that money. Of course, you can ask whatever you want, and I hope you get it. Good luck.

2»
This discussion has been closed.