Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Aspen

124»

Comments

• Does anyone know how to disengage the navigation safety feature? It is a pain in the butt having to stop on the highway just to find a gas station. Thanks
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    Chrysler LLC made it offical today November 26,2008, the Aspen and the Durango will end production by the last of December 2008. The Chrysler Aspen will join another fine vehicle the Chrysler Pacifica was halted one year ago this December. If you don't think that resale is not hurt by this, guess again.

farout
  • I need some help. I have 2007 Aspen. It has about 41k mile on it. Placed in service about october 2006. Taken care pretty good, change oil and taken in at service intervals. This is my problem. when slowing down around 30miles per hours, there is a very loud "clunk"...perhas from the transmission or the differential, I am not sure. Each time I take it in to be checked, the noise does not occur. I have taken it in 3 times and nothing. It is now past the 36k warranty period. does anyone out there have any idea what could be going on. I am going to take it in again soon becasue it is happening more frequently. Any ideas ? :sick:
  • pepe11pepe11 Posts: 41
    Based on a discussion I had with a Chrysler salesman and what I can find on the internet, Chrysler only halted production of the Aspen Hybrid that is manufactured in their Newark, DE plant. I've looked at this car, not yet test driven it yet, but think it is a very good value for the discounted price. Any comments from current owners would be appreciated. Do you love it, like it...hate it, or whatever.

Thanks in advance.
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    pepe11: I am sorry to tell you it was NOT just the Hybrids, Both the Aspen and the Durango ended production. I verified this with an owner of a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer. You can go to www.airfleet.com/production,html and check out December 08.

The sales people do not want to tell you a new vehicle they have on the lot has been discontinued, The reason such huge discounts on the Aspen and Durango is because sales were worse than you can imagine. The bad word is "HEMI" which translates to save money on the price, but gas will cost more.

The latest news is that Cerberus is making very serious changes to meet consumer demands, Chrysler brabd will be mainly cars, Dodge will become the truck brand, and Jeep will be the brand it is. Most likely the Caliber and Compass will end and the PT Crusier will end in june this year, and the Avenger and Sebring are going to be down sized by 2011, The Phoenix engines will begin to show up in 2010 which will get improved mpg and power. The 2.4 "world engine" will be gone by 2011 as well. Fiat looks as if it will take 35% od Chrysler LLC, in exchange for using platforms and engines to be made in vehicles here.

Go to www. allpar.com and read the latest news as far as Chrysler is concerned, Chrck under news. This is a very good site to get accurate news.

farout
  • Why end a car after 3 year production. I dont understand why Chrysler would end a car after 3 years production. I own an 08 Aspen with a HEMI engine and it is good on fuel for what it can do. I Chrysler gave this vehicle independent suspension and re geared it for cruising and not as much towing the car would get 27 mpg I have goten up to 23+ and when filled it up and calculated it did almost 20. this is as good as my Acura MDX with a V6. GM is not going to disscontinue Suburbans or Escalades. Hey hybrid Damilar diesel...
  • How did your problem work out? We have a 2007 Aspen with the same problem, it has been to the dealer now 4 times, and has still not been fixed. We get the run around that it is a software problem...any new information?
  • dieseler1dieseler1 Posts: 5
    I have 45K and running strong I also have a lifetime wrap.
  • kasrhpkasrhp Posts: 11
    So I have a question, I am looking at used suv's. Preferably the 08's. The Aspen is at the top of my list, but is that a good thing considering Chrysler is halting production on it? Its really between the Aspen, and an Explorer limited. I like the Aspen more, but I am planning on having it for many years to come. Thanks for the help.
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    The Aspen is based on the Dodge Durango which has been around a long time. The powertrains are used in other Chrysler/Dodge models. I don't think you'll have a problem getting parts for it. Having said all that, I suggest that you buy one with the original manufacturer's warranty because these vehicles have a lot of electronics which can be expensive to fix without a warranty. Good luck.
  • I have a 2008 Aspen, fully loaded, Hemi 28k miles. After every three weeks of using the suv , the anti seems to vanish. There are no leaks found under the car or visible leaks from engine or radiator.Dealer had car four two weeks could not find cause. Can anyone help or has anyone had same problem with a solution.Thanks , Tommy120
  • Our 2007 Aspen shutdown on the highway going 70 m.p.h. on us. We freaked out! Luckily, it did re-start and we found the next exit had a dealership. They put it on diagnostics and the code for an exhaust leak came up. It passed every leak test they had and when asked what the issue was then, the reply I got from the service manager was " It must just have a glitch". A GLITCH??? @ 70 on the highway?? A GLITCH you tell me? Thank got we are alive to tell about it and ask that you stop buying products from Chrysler.
  • hi. I have a 2008 aspen wit the hemi and a 3.92 differential ratio. I have the tow package because it came with the car but I will not be towing anything. Does anyone know what will happen if I try to lower the differential ratio down to something like 3.0 (or even lower) I am trying to do something about the horrible gas mileage. any other suggestions will also be appreciated. thanks
124»