Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 350

Comments

• klee3klee3 Posts: 55
    Are the rattles that loud? You've mentioned quite a few issues with 2007 ES 350. Would you recommend this vehicle, 2007 model? Do you think Lexus will have the issues resolved for 2008 model?
  • prazpraz Posts: 163
    No, the rattles are not loud but you can hear them and sometimes it might be irritating. I don't think they will resolve the bumper and trim issue because that is how it is designed (as per a customer supervisor of Lexus) but I might be wrong. You can wait till the new model comes out and than decide which one to go for. I'm sure you'll get a good deal on 2007 model when they have 2008 models on floor.
  • larrymitlarrymit Posts: 80
    My 350 is rattle free and I don't have any bumper and trim issues, so I don't think you can generalize about the car.

As for rear reading lights, they are already in the 2007 model. It took me 10 months to find them, but the tiny LED lamps above the front console (the ones with a "doors" button on one side and an "on" button on the other) are aimed at the rear passengers and make it quite bright back there. The only disadvantage is that the rear passengers have to ask the front passengers to turn them off and on.
    The car is excellent and I personally like the car. I have spent lot of time at couple of dealers in Phoenix and all new cars (especially darker ones) have the bumper issue. To be more precise, please look at the area where the rear bumper meets the rear fender. Since the rear bumper is made of some kind of plastic or fiber it swells in heat and expands which will make it misaligned with the rear fender. If parked in shade, there is no misalignment. They changed the bumper once at no-cost but the issue came back again as mentioned by the service manager.
    Also, the rear door metal trim piece had same issues on new cars(all colors). The trim on the bottom side of the window does not align with the trim piece of the front door as the clip to hold the trim piece is placed at 5" from the end which will make the trim piece to pop 1/4"(max). Had them re-placed twice and also Lexus tech looked at it and gave the same report as mentioned above.
    As far as rattle is concerned, I have driven 4 news cars with service consultants at two dealers and all had some kind of rattle either in front or back, with AC and sound system turned off. The rattle and engine noise when starting in winter is not new for this forum. You can check for both these issues yourself if you don't find one than I'm unlucky to have these issues.
  • crazymacrazyma Posts: 20
    I just saw this today and thought you might be interested. Has anyone had any problems with this previously?

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/02/lexus-facing-lawsuit-over-es350-airbags/
  • jj_lujj_lu Posts: 1
    I bought my ES 350 on a week ago. I have about 120 miles on the car. I noticed the same problem -- when slowing down by lightly pressing on the brake pedal, the car speeds up (lurches forward) when it changes gears (down shifts) in automatic mode. The tack flashes up by 200-400 rpm. It occurs at around 20 mph (between 1st and 2nd gear) and 40 mph (between 3rd and 4th). Called my dealer, and they say they heard of that complaint before and ask me to bring in my car tomorrow for check up. Joede, let us know how you resolve your case, and I will do the same.
  • kewl1kewl1 Posts: 11
    If you watch closely I think you will find that the car isn't speeding up. At about 32mph, if you are coasting, the car downshifts (engine brakes) and then upshifts again at around 22mph and the sudden lack of engine braking just feels like the car is speeding up. Watch the speedometer, not the tach and I think you will see what I mean
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Posts: 188
    Lots of info. regarding transmission problems in the Forums section on the Lexus web cite. (Google Lexus, go to Community/Forums,

Good luck...
  • ronwynronwyn Posts: 16
    I had an ES350 with a May 06 build date. Had a lot of problems with the whole car. Trans was rebuilt, replaced and they wanted to replace it again. I told them I didn't want the car anymore. In July 07 they replaced it (11 months and 12,000 miles) with a new car that had a May 07 build date. It has the Premium Plus pkg with Nav, I paid for half the Nav and Lexus the rest. In four weeks I have put over 2500 miles on it (NJ,FL,SC,NJ) and so far have had no issues with the trans. I hope the trans problem has been resolved once and for all. The engine noise on startup has been resolved.
  • tdohtdoh Posts: 298
    You have to insert the DVD movie disc into the 6-disc changer, not the slot that holds the nav DVD.
    New sleek side rear view mirrow and rear reading lights beside the handle on the roof and no UL package. Check this out...
    http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,810
    A reporter would like to talk to owners who uses parking sensors in their vehicles to assist them in parking. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than August 29, 2007 with your daytime contact information

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I bought a 2007 ES350 4/19/07, it only has 2400 miles on it, a couple of weeks ago, the transmission started surging up the rpms up on acceleration. I took it to the dealer who upgraded the computer and added a "chip". The following week the car would not shift into a higher gear and would surge up to 4-6 rpms. The dealer put a whole new transmission in last week, the day I picked up the car when I merged onto I-75 via a left ramp into the fast lane, the car would not shift into gear and I could not go over 50 miles a hour, it just kept floating up to 6000 rpms, I almost got killed trying to get over 6 lanes in rush hour in Atlanta. The car is at the dealer and it has been 5 days
    of trying to get Lexus or the dealer to buy back the car, they want to put a 3rd transmission in the car! I filed a claim with Lexus and am trying to get my money back. :sick:
  • prigglypriggly Posts: 642
    I'd dump this clunker at any cost.
  • ctlctl Posts: 123
    That's a better description for junks like impala :)

I'd dump this clunker at any cost.
  • I would work with an attorney to get Lexus to address this issue. Lexus will be far more responsive if you have an attorney, and they will work on a contingency basis.
  • I bought my ES 350 in June and have developed a love/hate relationship with it since. I wanted to ask others on this board if they have noticed the inferior level of material quality. It is not something you notice when you are buying it. It begins after you own it. The metal is amazingly thin and the interior materials are really thin and cheap. My seats already have two tears, one from regualr blue jeans a passenger was wearing, so now I sit on a towel, and the other from a paper grocery sack that had a case of soft drinks in it. The corner tore the leather when I set it in the seat. I have not had this happen in a car before. The most important thing I want to ask about though is the paint finish. Is the paint or clear coat exceptionally thin on this vehicle? It seems I can't leave the house without some paint coming off somewhere. The lightest touches just take the paint down to the metal. I have a neighbor who bought one as well and she is having paint issues as well. Lastly, has anyone else experienced that theirs is a rattle trap? I hate that I am so disappointed in this beautiful car.
    I agree with the paint and rattle. Also, has issues with rear bumper, door metal trim and poor sound system.